PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post Your SDconfig.txt, provisioning.xml, etc. Files Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSerenade View Post
I tried both of those codes through Advanced Config. The both errored out. My city is actually in the pre-existing database (Columbus, OH).

Any thoughts?
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Registry">
<!-- *** Start Weather Locations *** -->
<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Weather_Focus" datatype="string" value="United States"/>
<parm name="Weather.Fahrenheit" datatype="integer" value="1"/>
<parm name="Weather.CityList" datatype="string" value="NAM|US|OH|COLUMBUS"/>
<parm name="Weather.PostFirstRun" datatype="integer" value="1"/>
<parm name="Locale" datatype="string" value="en-us"/>
<parm name="Weather.CurrentCity" datatype="integer" value="1"/>
<parm name="Data.DownloadWhenRoaming" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
<parm name="Data.AutoDownloadOff" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
</characteristic>
<!-- *** Weather Locations *** -->
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

I tested this on mine, and loaded right up should work for you,

dont forget to hit thanks

Dave

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
What am I missing? I posted my XML a couple posts up, it's almost identical to yours.
A couple of things that stand out to me...
First off, I would change your server from an IP address to a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)
<parm name="Server" value="my.server.ip" />
to
<parm name="Server" value="mail.yourserver.com" />

do you know if your exchange server requires SSL Option (Secure, most are)
if that's the case you want to change your
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="0" />
to
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="1" />
to enable SSL

There is no need to have your domain listed, it is with your email address
change(username@domain.com)
<parm name="Domain" value="actualdomain" />
to
<parm name="Domain" value="" />
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

Thanks Dave. That worked perfectly!
Search is your best friend.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

glad i was able to help you out with that. Finally I was actually able to help someone out on here
Old 03-31-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
A couple of things that stand out to me...
First off, I would change your server from an IP address to a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name)
<parm name="Server" value="my.server.ip" />
to
<parm name="Server" value="mail.yourserver.com" />

do you know if your exchange server requires SSL Option (Secure, most are)
if that's the case you want to change your
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="0" />
to
<parm name="AllowSSLOption" value="1" />
to enable SSL

change(username@domain.com)
<parm name="Domain" value="actualdomain" />
to
<parm name="Domain" value="" />
Sigh, the values I used were just dummy values in place of my real info. I'm a network admin on the side and I set up the exchange server for my place of employment, I don't need help with the values. I assumed something in syntax was wrong. I did use a FQDN, my.server.ip was just something I typed randomly while replacing the values.

Quote:
This isn't correct, the correct answer would be, "depending on your situation." There are local domains, and external domains, email address being external, exchange can still be on a local domain, which is where this would be necessary. I guess I should have been more clear, my values are 100% fine, I was more hoping for a dummy factor on my part where I overlooked something.

Thanks for looking it over though
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Sigh, the values I used were just dummy values in place of my real info. I'm a network admin on the side and I set up the exchange server for my place of employment, I don't need help with the values. I assumed something in syntax was wrong. I did use a FQDN, my.server.ip was just something I typed randomly while replacing the values.

This isn't correct, the correct answer would be, "depending on your situation." There are local domains, and external domains, email address being external, exchange can still be on a local domain, which is where this would be necessary. I guess I should have been more clear, my values are 100% fine, I was more hoping for a dummy factor on my part where I overlooked something.

Thanks for looking it over though
Depending on your situation it's possilbe that I can't tell you to contact your domain admin for assitance! HA HA
I'm guessing you're able to manually configure your TP and receive mail via syncing, right?

I used OEMizer to configure my exchange.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick0984 is keeping up the good workMaverick0984 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Depending on your situation it's possilbe that I can't tell you to contact your domain admin for assitance! HA HA
I'm guessing you're able to manually configure your TP and receive mail via syncing, right?

I used OEMizer to configure my exchange.
Yea, manual config is fine. I tried OEMizer as well, my only guess is that it misses some critical settings for my setup.

I tried RapiConfig and got TONS of stuff grabbing the "Sync" attribute. Probably 5x as many lines, easily.

For whatever reason, using that output, isn't working either though, I know it doesn't include the password so I added that. Other than that, I dunno.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slydog43 is keeping up the good workslydog43 is keeping up the good work

Does any1 know how to add and remove items from the today screen items. When I say add/remove I mean check/uncheck. This is one of my few things left to do for complete automation when cold booting unit. thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

Quote:
Yea, manual config is fine. I tried OEMizer as well, my only guess is that it misses some critical settings for my setup.

I tried RapiConfig and got TONS of stuff grabbing the "Sync" attribute. Probably 5x as many lines, easily.

For whatever reason, using that output, isn't working either though, I know it doesn't include the password so I added that. Other than that, I dunno.
surely it's being over thunk!
I'm going to look over the code you posted again and this time take the server name FQDN and ignore the @work.com missing from the user name to associate to the domain (that was the only way I got mine working because the domain\user didn't work)
and see if I can catch anything

for your user name, have you dropped the @domain.com?
The first time I filled my values out I put username@domain.com and put the domain in as well, in my exchange setting on my phone it showed up as domain\username@domain.com
I changed it by dropping the domain altogether and not it logs in as username@domain.com
I thought the two ways were domain\username or username@domain.com

I guess this is assuming that you're username and email address are the same

whew, my head is spinning!

Last edited by elephant007; 04-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:18 AM
domo arigato mr roboto

Maverick0984
have you figured it out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development