PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Radio are you using?
Sprint Raphael Radio V1.03.15F Shipped 78 20.91%
Sprint Raphael Radio V1.11.00F 114 30.56%
Sprint Leaked Touch Pro Radio v1.00.04F R 10 2.68%
Sprint Radio v1.00.00F Diam Shipped R 7 1.88%
VZW Raphael Shipped rom v1.03.03v R 32 8.58%
Telus Radio V1.04.05V (Telus Update) 101 27.08%
Other 31 8.31%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to knife
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Radio Review Thread

I've been using telus for a month or so now and I've really enjoyed it. The only issue I am having is dropped calls due to high fluctuations in signal strength, where my other phones don't do this in the same coverage areas. I'm switching to the 1.11 Sprint for now to see if that fixes that... I mean cmon, its a phone first, gps/email everything else is secondary.

The only other issue I had with Telus was an occasional heat related meltdown (the really hot device and battery won't charge) twice in 39 days.

GPS and all features worked great with Telus, so I may be going back to that Radio if Sprint ends up not fixing my call drop issue.

Anyone else have similar experience?
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

1.11f was really good as far as speed and gps i switched to the telus i feel like the battery is better but i feel that my signal is a little weaker but as weird as this sounds the call qualityy better and drops less where the sprint couldn't handle one bar or none i can still talk at 1 or none with the telus i jsut feel that the sprint showed more bars data seems the same and telus seems cooler as well i am going to do speed tests on both over the coarse of three days and post results and log the battery drain as i have finally settled on a rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

using the VZW stock radio with MightyROM right now.

I get decent battery life and signal, do you think a different radio would make it better? And if so, which one? (I would guess most would say Telus...lol)
Search is your best friend.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

yourborfrombk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmvirt View Post
Well there are few 21169 rom that have GPS working like the FOllowing

USS ROM V.07

Hibby's 6.5 ROM

and

Super Clean 6.5 ROM

All have GPS working
i used all them roms an still no lock/luck.....this is the reason why my phone aint complete cause the gps aint getting a natural lock....i dont wanna go back to a stock phone set up i know yall guys aint getting locks like that...maybe i need to "so called lose my phone to get a new one"???? an start all over again...i was one of the first people to get it before it was released on the sprint website.....
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourborfrombk View Post
i used all them roms an still no lock/luck.....this is the reason why my phone aint complete cause the gps aint getting a natural lock....i dont wanna go back to a stock phone set up i know yall guys aint getting locks like that...maybe i need to "so called lose my phone to get a new one"???? an start all over again...i was one of the first people to get it before it was released on the sprint website.....
I suggest you switch to JD's ROM (or use his kitchen). Newer build - the 3-22-09 one is on 93. GPS works great for me (using the stock Sprint radio - probably going to flash 1.11 today though).
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

turbochris is becoming a great contributor

I'm using 1.11 and it really perked up my phone. GPS lag isn't too bad but there's one small problem- when i get a phone call, the phone doesn't ring! It turns on and says there's a call and everything else but there's just no ring tone. I get the "missed a call" tone if I don't answer and I get a ring tone in my Jawbone bluetooth headset when I have it and bluetooth turned on. I checked every setting for ring tones and system sounds and got nowhere. made it up to page 50 of the "6 radios!" thread but found no help so far. Any ideas? I'd really like to keep 1.11

Chris
Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

turbochris is becoming a great contributor

I figured it out. this dumbass thing-

wasn't doing anything. I had both sliders for System and Ring all the way up. I moved them both up and down and they made gay noises while I moved them and then I left them all the way up. During a soft reset, before it was completely booted up I hit the up volume button and the old style simple small double slider came up and they were both on silent! I quickly raised both of the all the way up before the new style gay sounding version loaded and now the phone rings. How can i get the gay slider to work properly or better yet, get rid of it and use the old style slider. Sure, the gay slider can be adjusted with your finger really easy but who cares, they put volume buttons on the thing!

Disclaimer: this post in no way uses the word "gay" to imply anything about the touch pro or anyone's sexual preference.

Maybe it's time to load a simple rom......
Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

Using the Telus Radio with MightyROM 4.16 right now. Lightning quick, no text delay, and I don't really notice any delays with calls, call quality is crystal clear.

Battery life is improved, and I think the phone speed is too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro, Omnia
Carrier: MetroPCS

rogerjohnsen is a n00b

I've downloaded and flashed the 12 radios that are currently available. Unfortunately, I believe there is something wrong with my TP since my signal seems to be weak no matter which one I try. I had my phone flashed to MetroPCS and the first store that attempted the flash called and told me of the two phones I had given them, they were unable to flash either of them. When I took my phone to another dealer, they got it to flash successfully, however, my signal was stuck in a "searching" mode. I had the stock Sprint 1.03.15F version installed on the phone at the time. I've tried all of the available versions I found at this site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=531134, however, none of them have resolved my poor reception problem. Essentially, I have no reception in my home. I have three other phones on Metro and they all have between 1-3 bars at any given time whereas the Touch Pro is always in search mode. If I go outside to a place that has super high reception, I can get one bar on my TP and can make / receive calls, text, web, etc. while my other Metro phones will show max signal.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Touch Pro? I'm wondering if mine is just defective or if the first store messed-up some setting on the phone. I've searched the forums, have flashed both MightyROM and Juicy 8 on the device, did the ##786# reset, flashed back the stock Sprint ROM and nothing has helped. Prior to getting it flashed to MetroPCS, the phone would typically have 5 bars with the Sprint service, even though I wasn't subscribed. Since flashing, the phone is basically worthless due to the weak signal problem.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be welcome. I'm happy to provide more information - this problem has been driving me insane so I can only hope there's a solution. It may be I just need to get a different phone but am hoping this one can be "fixed" so it works properly.

Many thanks in advance! This is my first post so please be gentle if I've crossed any lines.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development