View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
rogerjohnsen
Lurker

rogerjohnsen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Radio Review Thread

I've downloaded and flashed the 12 radios that are currently available. Unfortunately, I believe there is something wrong with my TP since my signal seems to be weak no matter which one I try. I had my phone flashed to MetroPCS and the first store that attempted the flash called and told me of the two phones I had given them, they were unable to flash either of them. When I took my phone to another dealer, they got it to flash successfully, however, my signal was stuck in a "searching" mode. I had the stock Sprint 1.03.15F version installed on the phone at the time. I've tried all of the available versions I found at this site: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=531134, however, none of them have resolved my poor reception problem. Essentially, I have no reception in my home. I have three other phones on Metro and they all have between 1-3 bars at any given time whereas the Touch Pro is always in search mode. If I go outside to a place that has super high reception, I can get one bar on my TP and can make / receive calls, text, web, etc. while my other Metro phones will show max signal.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Touch Pro? I'm wondering if mine is just defective or if the first store messed-up some setting on the phone. I've searched the forums, have flashed both MightyROM and Juicy 8 on the device, did the ##786# reset, flashed back the stock Sprint ROM and nothing has helped. Prior to getting it flashed to MetroPCS, the phone would typically have 5 bars with the Sprint service, even though I wasn't subscribed. Since flashing, the phone is basically worthless due to the weak signal problem.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be welcome. I'm happy to provide more information - this problem has been driving me insane so I can only hope there's a solution. It may be I just need to get a different phone but am hoping this one can be "fixed" so it works properly.

Many thanks in advance! This is my first post so please be gentle if I've crossed any lines.