PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I noticed the problem - if TF3D is selected as your today plugin, when the screen is locked - if you get a text or something, Manila comes up over the lockscreen. You can switch tabs and stuff but not do much else. Can't re-lock it, can't unlock it... just have to soft reset.
I just noticed this, didn't until now because I mostly use CHome. Anyhow, if you use a program like csdevctrl to auto lock your phone then you will not have to soft reset. Just turn the screen back off then on and unlock before Manila takes priority. Doesn't get rid of the bug though.

I know that w/out the auto lock, Manila defaults to the home tab when powered on. Perhaps it is this override that is trumping the lock screen. I'll look for a reg edit to change this priority... Just a hunch anyway. I'll report back with any findings.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Smart dialing seems to be one of the fastest and easiest methods to dial a contact. I don't understand why more people don't use it... Forget the fancy GUI, sometimes function must come before form.
I agree there is no faster way. I never use my People tab, even though I did fill it out with favorites and pictures...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Ok, one thing is I have noticed with the new Manila, is when replying to text messages in the new chat threded window, when I open the keyboard to start to type, I have to touch the box first before typing or the contacts list will pop up. Is there a way to resolve this, so when slide the keyboard open to type a reply it starts to write letters in the box for the reply without having to select the box first.

Thanks Juicy
I've been wondering about this too...I hate texting via Manilla for this reason...

Is there a fix for this? Or- can I change the mapping it so that when I tap on the sms message in manilla, it brings me to the MS threaded sms view (instead of the fancy manilla threaded sms view)?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo95tt View Post
I've been wondering about this too...I hate texting via Manilla for this reason...

Is there a fix for this? Or- can I change the mapping it so that when I tap on the sms message in manilla, it brings me to the MS threaded sms view (instead of the fancy manilla threaded sms view)?
I just hit... Menu > Reply, and it brings me to MS Messaging.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
N00b

lordrainkm is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Ok so the reason you can dial out on other versions is because xbmod hacked it, BUT it is still useless in my opinion because it only uses the main contact number (e.g. mobile) even if u press "home" or "work". you get the same result by pressing the big icon in favorites.

until the dialer gets ported, and you want to dial someone who isnt a favourite, press "send", start spelling their name with the keypad.

I'm sorry but there just isnt any other fix, and I'm not moving back to the older manila, this one is faster and better IMO. The proper solution is to get the dialer working.
I realize it's not an actual solution, but isn't using the xbmod hack better than not using it until a real solution comes along? What's the advantage of not using the hack other than manila loads faster ( which should be evident only during start up )? Is it doing something else I'm not aware of? Especially considering that the topaz phone canvas seems to be a very long way from being complete, and who knows if it'll ever work on cdma.

I kept reading about the main contact bug but I've never experienced I'm running Juicy 7 090426 right now, I have one person I regularly call from manila, and it gives me a list of all of her numbers when I click on her, and it always calls her work # when I click that, and always calls her mobile when I click that (sometimes I accidently press work 2 which is just in there so the incoming calls come up as her instead of a number, and it goes to her main work # instead). Maybe the function I'm thinking of is not the same one?

I'm downloading 090512 now, but I'm afraid to install it because I can't imagine using my phone without the contacts working the way they always have in the past.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrainkm View Post
I realize it's not an actual solution, but isn't using the xbmod hack better than not using it until a real solution comes along? What's the advantage of not using the hack other than manila loads faster ( which should be evident only during start up )? Is it doing something else I'm not aware of? Especially considering that the topaz phone canvas seems to be a very long way from being complete, and who knows if it'll ever work on cdma.

I kept reading about the main contact bug but I've never experienced I'm running Juicy 7 090426 right now, I have one person I regularly call from manila, and it gives me a list of all of her numbers when I click on her, and it always calls her work # when I click that, and always calls her mobile when I click that (sometimes I accidently press work 2 which is just in there so the incoming calls come up as her instead of a number, and it goes to her main work # instead). Maybe the function I'm thinking of is not the same one?

I'm downloading 090512 now, but I'm afraid to install it because I can't imagine using my phone without the contacts working the way they always have in the past.

Once you load the ROM, why not just install the "fix" your talking about? I don't don't what fix your referring too, if it in fact does fix this, please post it up.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 PM
N00b

lordrainkm is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Once you load the ROM, why not just install the "fix" your talking about? I don't don't what fix your referring too, if it in fact does fix this, please post it up.
It was juicy that talked about it not me. Refer to his post. But I believe he's talking about the hacked loader that xbmod released with rhodium manila that causes the keyboard to pop up when manila loads. I know jmz created a direct loader that bypasses it (and breaks the contact tab), I believe this is what juicy added to the latest build that broke the contact tab, but I'm not sure. I'm not aware of any way to restore xbmod's loader (and fix the contact tab), if there is a way, that would certainly be a temporary solution that I would use.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro||6850
Carrier: Smart Phone Junkie|| SPRINT

klone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Id like to say this is my 1st time on juicy rom and so far i like it. i did have 2 questions though.. im unable to send/recive pic mail i tryd installing arcsoft and no success there wondering if its even possible now. and the 2nd being im unable to get my emails via hotmail. yahoos not a problem but i use hotmail alot more. i read a few pages back that gmail had to add the info wrong, should i give that a try ??

thx in advance..
Card: 8G
Carrier:
T-Mobile
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrainkm View Post
It was juicy that talked about it not me. Refer to his post. But I believe he's talking about the hacked loader that xbmod released with rhodium manila that causes the keyboard to pop up when manila loads. I know jmz created a direct loader that bypasses it (and breaks the contact tab), I believe this is what juicy added to the latest build that broke the contact tab, but I'm not sure. I'm not aware of any way to restore xbmod's loader (and fix the contact tab), if there is a way, that would certainly be a temporary solution that I would use.
If I knew exactly what he changed I could possibly do it...

Like my work? Hit
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
for the wiki

Contact page very jerky
- resolved

SprintTV does not work - Server Connection Error
- resolved
Thanks, updated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development