PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

I got discouraged reading the last 10-20 pages of this thread cause it's all the same repetative feedback: Did you all read the info about know bugs and xBoxMod TP2 Rhodium Manila?
Suggestions:
-Try running it stock (or near stock) for a few hours. This should tell you if you need to report a ROM bug or if you need to possibly look elsewhere for how to use your customization.
-Only enable the People Tab to sync FaceBook Pics and b-days and then disable it(Wow! then we could delete 1/2 of this thread :P )
-Use a real Music player instaed of the Music Tab. I mean, yeah it's convenient, but ANYTHING else has better sounding mp3 drivers. I use a free version of CorePlayer and, since I'm an audiophyle, I can tell the differnce... BIG difference.
-Try looking for/posting non-ROM-related stuff in the appropriate threads ie. epst (slot cycle index) issues could possibly go in the General/Sprint/or Radio Upgrades threads. Sorry to use you as an example bro.

In Short: Don't listen to all the nay-sayers Juicy. This ROM is a significant improvement from your last!
-It's amazingly fast. (those updated compression methods are sweet!)
-Touch tweaks are making the device easier to use and overall more responsive.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I got discouraged reading the last 10-20 pages of this thread cause it's all the same repetative feedback: Did you all read the info about know bugs and xBoxMod TP2 Rhodium Manila?
Suggestions:
-Try running it stock (or near stock) for a few hours. This should tell you if you need to report a ROM bug or if you need to possibly look elsewhere for how to use your customization.
-Only enable the People Tab to sync FaceBook Pics and b-days and then disable it(Wow! then we could delete 1/2 of this thread :P )
-Use a real Music player instaed of the Music Tab. I mean, yeah it's convenient, but ANYTHING else has better sounding mp3 drivers. I use a free version of CorePlayer and, since I'm an audiophyle, I can tell the differnce... BIG difference.
-Try looking for/posting non-ROM-related stuff in the appropriate threads ie. epst (slot cycle index) issues could possibly go in the General/Sprint/or Radio Upgrades threads. Sorry to use you as an example bro.

In Short: Don't listen to all the nay-sayers Juicy. This ROM is a significant improvement from your last!
-It's amazingly fast. (those updated compression methods are sweet!)
-Touch tweaks are making the device easier to use and overall more responsive.
Disable the people and audiomanager tab? Seriously? I like juicy's roms as much as the next guy, he does a great job of incorporating all the latest and greatest and keeping his roms clean. But I don't agree with your recommended "fix" of disabling key portions of manila in order to make the rom usable. I don't doubt you're an audiophile and can probably tell the difference between audiomanager and coreplayer, but most people probably just want something simple and easy to work the way it's supposed to. I use the people tab and audiomanager in my own rom a lot, not having them would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm not nay-saying juicy or his roms at all. The last juicy rom I used, 0429 I think, worked fine when I tested it out *shrug*

Like my work? Hit

Last edited by psyki; 05-13-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started
ROM help

Hey guys,

I am not a programmer, so that I dot know much about ROM development. I do have a question, though.

Can I use a ROM kitchen to modify an existing ROM. For example, I love JUICY' ROM, but I find TF3D2 way too boggy. I do not use it and do not need it. I do think it slows down my device graphics even though it is not active (as stated by JUICY in the first post as a known issue). Can I use a ROM kitchen to remove the TF3D2 from the ROM and keep the rest?

I hope JUICY would not have a problem with this.

Thanks for advice.

Mike
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
Disable the people and audiomanager tab? Seriously? I like juicy's roms as much as the next guy, he does a great job of incorporating all the latest and greatest and keeping his roms clean. But I don't agree with your recommended "fix" of disabling key portions of manila in order to make the rom usable. I don't doubt you're an audiophile and can probably tell the difference between audiomanager and coreplayer, but most people probably just want something simple and easy to work the way it's supposed to. I use the people tab and audiomanager in my own rom a lot, not having them would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm not nay-saying juicy or his roms at all. The last juicy rom I used, 0429 I think, worked fine when I tested it out *shrug*
I didn't mean to single anyone out, Psyki. Sorry if you took it personally. It was just a few recommendations and an offer to help through PM's to keep the thread on task.
Of course, some people like those tabs. I actually think they are rather functional as is but there were alot of people finding issue with them.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I didn't mean to single anyone out, Psyki. Sorry if you took it personally. It was just a few recommendations and an offer to help through PM's to keep the thread on task.
Of course, some people like those tabs. I actually think they are rather functional as is but there were alot of people finding issue with them.
Cool, sorry if I came off sounding harsh. I'm sure juicy appreciates the feedback when people dig through the details of bugs but you are correct in that the same repeated bug reports get tiring.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

MAJOR ISSUE! PLEASE HELP! I flashed this ROM to my TP and Diamond and now neither will connect to the internet! Did not have this problem with any of the previous releases. I'm on Sprint.

Edit: Problem solved. Talked to Sprint and they updated my phone and it works.

Last edited by mlin; 05-13-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Rollazn is just getting started

Anyone having trouble with email? I tried to set up GMAIL but it doesn't recieve any of hte emails... just the windows tip thing...
Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollazn View Post
Anyone having trouble with email? I tried to set up GMAIL but it doesn't recieve any of hte emails... just the windows tip thing...
Apparently you have to enter in your e-mail address wrong, and go through the steps using the gmail information: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886

Then you go back and change your e-mail to the correct one... otherwise it imports wrong settings, or something. I haven't tried this but apparently it works. Only a couple of Juicy ROM builds ago, it worked fine, so I don't know what the difference is with the later builds
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakk View Post
i can confirm this... i signed up to be on waiting list this past sunday and i have been waiting for an email or something, but never came.... i seen this post today by diomen(thanks ) and i logged in from my phone no problem sync everything
just did it too. funny they dont tell you your in. hope they dont call all my friends now....

after i connected i got the welcome email...

Last edited by badwolf; 05-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rollazn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
Apparently you have to enter in your e-mail address wrong, and go through the steps using the gmail information: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886

Then you go back and change your e-mail to the correct one... otherwise it imports wrong settings, or something. I haven't tried this but apparently it works. Only a couple of Juicy ROM builds ago, it worked fine, so I don't know what the difference is with the later builds
okay ill give that a shot!

I always used the make a new email account and it worked but ill try that!

Plus im getting no signal at all... at least that is what it says. anyone have this issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development