PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kanyewest is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

im getting 6 hrs battery life!!!!!!! with this rom
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

straylight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyewest View Post
im getting 6 hrs battery life!!!!!!! with this rom
Kanye do you like "Fishsticks"?"

Just kidding. Seriously, make sure you aren't dialing out for data inadvertently.

Have you tried Lumos? Maybe tweaking the settings might help. (thx ahuskins).

I'm not noticing a lot of complaints about this build being a battery hog, in fact it seems just the opposite, are there any programs you might have set to refresh data every so often life TF3d weather?

Last edited by straylight; 09-02-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: 'cause i cant spell
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Has anyone read anything on the "X" button not closing any programs? Is it a ROM problem or a 6.5.1 problem? Any talk of a fix yet? Also, there is a slight reflection of the bottom row of buttons on the lock screen just below the bottom row of buttons. Anyone else having that issue? It's not really a biggie nor does it effect functionality at all.

AHUSKINS
I believe it was you who posted the "background for all tabs" zip a while ago. It seems to work when it wants to and not when it doesn't want to. I've tried to notice a pattern of when it's working or not and I can't make anything of it. Sometimes my background is there and on all tabs and sometimes it's not and the background of TF3D looks like it does on the standard Juicy rom. Does this happen to you? Any thoughts?

Sorry if any of these questions were already covered. I try to keep up.
Skarkie - X button does NOT close programs and it doesn't matter what your settings are. To fix/workaround (and its a pretty good one try Showcase and the key mapping software attached. Install
showcase then set the key mapper to open it when you double tap the center button. search on XDA there is a post about it.
BG4All - haven't had your issues. I will reattach the zip files here, just unzip and copy to \windows.
Lumos is the BEST battery life fix period. Make sure that you hide the icon on the taskbar in showcase under settings, otherwise it will cover your teeny tiny clock.
Posted from my TPro, sorry if there are mistakes.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Skarkie - X button does NOT close programs and it doesn't matter what your settings are. To fix/workaround (and its a pretty good one try Showcase and the key mapping software attached. Install
showcase then set the key mapper to open it when you double tap the center button. search on XDA there is a post about it.
BG4All - haven't had your issues. I will reattach the zip files here, just unzip and copy to \windows.
Lumos is the BEST battery life fix period. Make sure that you hide the icon on the taskbar in showcase under settings, otherwise it will cover your teeny tiny clock.
Posted from my TPro, sorry if there are mistakes.
Just one additional note... Keyboard configurator requires sdkcerts which is already loaded on the latest juicy rom. However, if you are using this on an older version of juicy (or, god forbid... a different ROM) hit this thread to get sdkcerts... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233
Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
Just one additional note... Keyboard configurator requires sdkcerts which is already loaded on the latest juicy rom. However, if you are using this on an older version of juicy (or, god forbid... a different ROM) hit this thread to get sdkcerts... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233
Correct. SdkCerts.CAB is in the zip.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Anyone have any working lock screen settings?

There's a check box for "Lock device when display is turned off" (YESSSSS) unfortunately, you can check it, and go back to lock settings and it's unchecked. It doesn't stay checked even if you set a password.

Also, where do you choose which lockscreen you want now? When I had S2U2 installed, I got the old style lock screen no matter what I did, and when I removed it, I get the new one now.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

acurattack is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
I got into the habit of using the SIP because I couldn't take the hardware keyboard lag. I've gotten back into using the HW keyboard after it was figured out that removing the SMS character count drastically improved typing speed. But I still use the SIP frequently.

dwizzy130
Oh there is a fix to this!? Keyboard lag always pisses me off to no end. Would you mind providing instructions on how to remove the SMS character count?
Thanks man!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurattack View Post
Oh there is a fix to this!? Keyboard lag always pisses me off to no end. Would you mind providing instructions on how to remove the SMS character count?
Thanks man!

Here you go:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005

dwizzy130

Old 09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

So I redownloaded the bckgrd zip and so far so good. Just one of those things I guess. Ahuskins, the cab you posted a couple of posts up will not install on my phone. I got it from XDA though. The previous one I installed did not install showcase settings, it only installed showcase. That's why I was having so much trouble. Now it works very nicely. Thanks for everyones help!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurattack View Post
Thanks man!
I haven't installed any fix and don't have keyboard lag. I also don't have the character counter. Most likely disabled by default in the ROM.

ShadowDrake - good to see you back. Unfortunately I'm not a pocket guy and don't use the locks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development