PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/now Verizon

babyboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

youtube videos arent working for me
Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
A couple of quick questions:
1. Can anyone still on a pre Juicy8 build check how the device shows up in Windows Device Manager when connected via activesync? I think the answer will be "Portable Device" but need to make sure.
2. Can anyone with any Juicy8 build check how the device shows up in Windows Device Manager when connected via activesync? I think the answer will be "Windows Mobile Based Device" under "Network Adapters" but need to make sure.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
I am on Windows 7 RC (with Windows Mobile Device Center) with a Sprint Touch Pro. It shows up in Device Manager as "HTC Touch Pro" in Portable Devices. I believe this was the same with Juicy 7... but can't guarantee that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
I am on Juicy 8 and my phone shows up under Portable Device - Windows 7 as well
Thanks folks! That's 2 Juicy8 on Windows 7 with devices showing up in device manager as Portable devices.
Can anyone confirm on Juicy7 or 8 in windows XP?
My device Juicy8, is showing up as a network adapter and not a "Portable Device" on windows XP in device manager. I believe that this is the reason I am having trouble with DRM. The cause is still unknown but we have a suspicion.
Thanks again in advance!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Firon is just getting started

6.5 seems to be really picky about having a lot of texts. The HTC messaging app just locks up forever trying to load the entire message history, and the built-in WM one hangs for 5-10 seconds sometimes when you close a thread and go back to the list.
It used to be fine on older Juicy builds, even some of the earlier 6.5 builds. I wonder if anything can be done about it, or do I basically have no choice but to remove the texts?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oh well, I guess I'll reflash to 062709H since it was the last fully stable ROM so far. I really need MMS. I'll wait until a more stable ROM is released.

EDIT: SkTools system restore is amazing especially when combined with MyPhone: System restore gets all your programs back while MyPhone gets your personal data back (no message/contact loss).

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

Last edited by fenixjn; 07-14-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Hey thanks for a clean ROM. I have been tired of glitchy stuff out there and missing icons and stuff. I will donate when maybe a little more detail or touch of your own style is put into it. Like different icons and more custom 6.5 page. IM NOT COMPLAINING! Just saying absolutely love it, current ROM, but so close to donating just not fully there. Just ideas...

Edit: Also where is the cool graphic on the stocks tab on the original TF3d, like it shows the statistics on a little wall in the TAB, just wondering?

Last edited by Alksion; 07-14-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Hey thanks for a clean ROM. I have been tired of glitchy stuff out there and missing icons and stuff. I will donate when maybe a little more detail or touch of your own style is put into it. Like different icons and more custom 6.5 page. IM NOT COMPLAINING! Just saying absolutely love it, current ROM, but so close to donating just not fully there. Just ideas...

Edit: Also where is the cool graphic on the stocks tab on the original TF3d, like it shows the statistics on a little wall in the TAB, just wondering?

This right here explains why there are no personal touches (although there are many) or flashy icons or whatnot.
Quote:
This is a ROM built for speed, stability and heavy use. You will not find any cartoon characters on start-up, out-dated packages or fluff in here.

This is the Touch PRO ROM for Professionals.
dwizzy130

Old 07-14-2009, 07:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Biggjimmy7 is a n00b

Juicy first off awesome ROM I am loving the speed and stability.

Excuse my ignorance but I am having an issue with the TF3D2 Threaded SMS mostly because I just hate it and miss the old 6.1 version. I got a fix listed on the "energy rom" for SMS but it doesn't work for this ROM, is there a CAB that I haven't found through my search that would let me use the old threaded SMS setup?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scarface7174 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggjimmy7 View Post
Juicy first off awesome ROM I am loving the speed and stability.

Excuse my ignorance but I am having an issue with the TF3D2 Threaded SMS mostly because I just hate it and miss the old 6.1 version. I got a fix listed on the "energy rom" for SMS but it doesn't work for this ROM, is there a CAB that I haven't found through my search that would let me use the old threaded SMS setup?
From the touchflo screen, instead of tapping on the message itself, you can just hit the "all messages" softkey and it will go back to the old threaded messages format
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700, 6900, and touch pro
Carrier: cricket all the way

mstephens1984 is a n00b

I just went to Youtube and downloaded the cab directly from their website on my phone via pie, and it seems to be working fine for now. I know i did'nt discover anything, but i hope this helps other noobs like me. By the way the layout is a bit different but it is functional.
Thanks for all the great tips and tuts on here i couldnt have made it as a cricket user that wanted more anywhere else.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Great update Juicy, however why is the contacts list different when pressing phone then contacts and when in the people tab and pressing all contacts? I like the format with the all contacts in the people tab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development