PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

ok ive been working with the programs tab thing for three days. there is just too many different "fixes" for me haha. i have done the showacas program tab thing and gotten the four tab layout but when i do this its like the touch response on it locks for some reason and i can only navigate it using the dpad. i tried the fixes also on the one with the list of like four things also. any ideas?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

commonplace is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to commonplace Send a message via AIM to commonplace Send a message via Yahoo to commonplace
Question Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

I don't know if this is specific to Juicy or not, but I just flashed to it and I love it. I was wondering if there's a way to shift the clock (and the rest of the icons on the upper taskbar) over to the left to make room for Showcase's "enhanced X".

Or is there a better way to get to a task manager? The only thing I miss in WinMo 6.5.1 is the quick task dropdown (whatever it's called) in the upper right-hand corner. I just can't seem to find an easy way to get to the apps I have open. Showcase seems like the answer, but the box covers up the clock. And without the box, it's useless for me as far as I can tell.

How is everyone switching between open apps in order to multitask? Am I just missing something obvious??

Thanks!

/Kevin
Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b

commonplace is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to commonplace Send a message via AIM to commonplace Send a message via Yahoo to commonplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Go to HKLM\ControlPanel\Owner\ in the registry and delete the key named Rediredt and then soft reset. Then it will be under Settings\Personal\Owner Information.

dwizzy130
This didn't work for me. I deleted that key and reset, but the Owner Information applet still doesn't show up. Any ideas? Using the latest Juicy 8.

/Kevin
Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
I don't know if this is specific to Juicy or not, but I just flashed to it and I love it. I was wondering if there's a way to shift the clock (and the rest of the icons on the upper taskbar) over to the left to make room for Showcase's "enhanced X".

Or is there a better way to get to a task manager? The only thing I miss in WinMo 6.5.1 is the quick task dropdown (whatever it's called) in the upper right-hand corner. I just can't seem to find an easy way to get to the apps I have open. Showcase seems like the answer, but the box covers up the clock. And without the box, it's useless for me as far as I can tell.

How is everyone switching between open apps in order to multitask? Am I just missing something obvious??

Thanks!

/Kevin
I map a double press of the enter key to showcase (single press still sends enter, double press brings up task manager and long press closes the active app).

I use the keyboard configurator:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233

The two together make for an easy to use one handed setup.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
N00b

commonplace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
I map a double press of the enter key to showcase (single press still sends enter, double press brings up task manager and long press closes the active app).

I use the keyboard configurator:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233

The two together make for an easy to use one handed setup.
Sounds good... except I can't get the keyboard config icon to even show up in my control panel. Argh. I'll keep fiddling with it. I asked for help in the keyboard config thread, so we'll see.

This sounds like the answer, though, once I get it to work.

/Kevin
Old 10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
Sounds good... except I can't get the keyboard config icon to even show up in my control panel. Argh. I'll keep fiddling with it. I asked for help in the keyboard config thread, so we'll see.

This sounds like the answer, though, once I get it to work.

/Kevin
Once you install you have to reset then the icon for the keyboard configurator will show up under Settings > System
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
N00b

commonplace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Once you install you have to reset then the icon for the keyboard configurator will show up under Settings > System
Yep, did that, then uninstalled/reinstalled/reset again and still nothing. I've soft reset a few times since, and the icon has never shown up. I dunno what could be wrong. Boooo.

I just thought, maybe I should also mention that I've been unable to get the 'Owner Information' applet to show up, either. I deleted the registry key that's supposed to add it back, but I don't have it. Not being able to enter my owner information means not being able to register some paid apps that rely on the owner name being filled in. LOVE Juicy 8 but it's these little pesky things that are getting me.

/Kevin

Last edited by commonplace; 10-02-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added possibly related info.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

viveksap is a n00b
Smile Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

I just flashed Juicy 8 on my TP w/ Verizon. I am having problems in that the keyboard lags severely after I type a few letters and freezes for 3-5 seconds. I am also experiencing freezing of the screen while making calls. Finally there are times when I can't send text messages. Thansk for the help in advance.
-SMP
Old 10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksap View Post
I just flashed Juicy 8 on my TP w/ Verizon. I am having problems in that the keyboard lags severely after I type a few letters and freezes for 3-5 seconds. I am also experiencing freezing of the screen while making calls. Finally there are times when I can't send text messages. Thansk for the help in advance.
-SMP
we're all suffering from the keyboard lag issue, and random screen freezing. hopefully juicy's next revision will fix the issues =)

the text message send fix is the deletion of a registry key, posted a few pages back.

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

viveksap is a n00b

Thanks lat! I appreciate your fast help. Also my phone is from verizon and running at around 80-90%. is this normal? thanks again guys!
-smp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development