PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JDub0820 is keeping up the good workJDub0820 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

This may be a fluke or it may be temporary but here goes... When I first flashed the rom I could not send texts either as many others have stated. Earlier this afternoon I installed JD arcsoft cab and so far texting seems to be working fine without any hiccups. Anyone else having the texting issue have this installed?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: No One

lilcza1 is a n00b

ok so i pinpointed on how to text in the rom.

I did download that .dll file a few posts back to try to resolve email and sms sending and realized that it only works when i sent a email off first.

Then if you go back to sms (within windows) you can now send messages fine.

I should have tried it without the .dll to confirm if this is the overall fix, but i believe its from the .dll.

At one point when i first tried to send a sms after the trick, the button switched to a reply all button and when clicked, reopened another new sms window.

Hopefully this helps out. I love this rom, so i hope this will get fixed soon.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i have the jd arcsoft cab installed, and i still can and can't send texts, depending on how its feeling. nothing seems to affect it. i've tried the cab posted, i tried some reg entries that i found while researching the problem, but nothing is solidly fixing it.

on a side note, its too bad that the control panel reg edit for revealing the input settings has no effect on changing the keyboard to compact qwerty, or phonepad, because my fingers are way too big to be typing on such a tiny qwerty keyboard. nevermind the freezing....which i think might stem from the vibration, which you can't switch off anywhere that i can see.

Last edited by ou2mame; 09-23-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chintusingh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i have the jd arcsoft cab installed, and i still can and can't send texts, depending on how its feeling. nothing seems to affect it. i've tried the cab posted, i tried some reg entries that i found while researching the problem, but nothing is solidly fixing it.

on a side note, its too bad that the control panel reg edit for revealing the input settings has no effect on changing the keyboard to compact qwerty, or phonepad, because my fingers are way too big to be typing on such a tiny qwerty keyboard. nevermind the freezing....which i think might stem from the vibration, which you can't switch off anywhere that i can see.
I enabled the Keboard control panel option but did not find a setting to disable the vibration. I too think that the typing lag may be related to the vibration, but cannot verify unless I figure out how to turn vibration off

Help anyone
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

keyboard vibration has zero to do with it. Check 090723h build or the 15 builds before that. It's just a bug in this rom and for some reason the keyboard is laggy, but has nothing to do with the vibrate function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintusingh View Post
I enabled the Keboard control panel option but did not find a setting to disable the vibration. I too think that the typing lag may be related to the vibration, but cannot verify unless I figure out how to turn vibration off

Help anyone

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
N00b

Sgt_Slap_A_Hoe is a n00b

anyone having a problem with the X on the bottom not closing out the programs?

i switched the end programs by tapping X but it still does not work
Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Slap_A_Hoe View Post
anyone having a problem with the X on the bottom not closing out the programs?

i switched the end programs by tapping X but it still does not work
x button doesn't close in this build. i think starting in 23053 is when it starts working.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

anyone have any advice on what keyboards are capable of installing properly, and running? with phonepad and t9 enabled?

[HKLM\Software\OEM\Keystate]
"UseService"=DWORD:00000001
this is to enable it, so making it 0 would be to disable... keyboard does still lag though

Last edited by ou2mame; 09-23-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

oranges311 is just getting started

i havent had ne issues with the virtual keyboard. i installed fingerkeyboard and it works great. also if you go to start-personal-buttons and then select the option to the left called virtual buttons you can shut off the vibration.

so far this rom has taken all of my favorite things from other custom roms and put them all together. but i too have the send issue and im hopin it will get fixed because i havent found a way to send a text to someone who hasnt texted me first yet. if it helps i am a sprint carrier with sprint arcsoft installed. i used Pimbackup to restore contacts speed dial appointments and call logs. i have tried the .dll thing and it didnt work. i tried sending an email and it made the send button appear for about 10 texts and then it went away again

also i havent been able to get youtube working. i have erased the sd file twice and it still says error cannot play this video. and is the camera bug you guys talked about the one where a youtube thing flashes on screen right b4 the camera starts up?

and finally on little thing that isnt really an issue. but does neone else have the input bar disappear when they switch to landscape in a text? all i have to do is open the virtual keyboard then close it again but its slightly irritating. sorry for the rant just lookin for help. thanks guys

Last edited by oranges311; 09-24-2009 at 12:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 AM
N00b

Sgt_Slap_A_Hoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
x button doesn't close in this build. i think starting in 23053 is when it starts working.
thank you so what about sending a text message not replying but sending

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development