PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jerrygon is keeping up the good workjerrygon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090405H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

This worked perfect thanks!

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post
You can get the START MENU by downloading a cab called start menu fix. Here, I'll attach it.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

saflang is keeping up the good worksaflang is keeping up the good work

It may not be a problem with the ROM, it would seem that Seven has gone down today and others that are currently running it are getting a 107 error code as their program is already setup unlike ours as we've just upgraded. I guess we will know tomorrow or whenever their servers are up and running again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saflang View Post
Well I'm another that uses Seven to get my mail, and I'm very sad that this Rom won't allow communications. "An error occurred while sending data. Please try again. (104)"
I've tried lots of roms (about 1 per week) and this is the first time I've received an error. Any one know of a fix for this Rom, as the other components of this Rom are great !!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well I'm another that uses Seven to get my mail, and I'm very sad that this Rom won't allow communications. "An error occurred while sending data. Please try again. (104)"
I've tried lots of roms (about 1 per week) and this is the first time I've received an error. Any one know of a fix for this Rom, as the other components of this Rom are great !!
excuse me if this has already been covered but the bluetooth driver issue is in this rom as well. is your bluetooth on???
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 AM
N00b

neverblink is just getting started

Quote:
It may not be a problem with the ROM, it would seem that Seven has gone down today and others that are currently running it are getting a 107 error code as their program is already setup unlike ours as we've just upgraded. I guess we will know tomorrow or whenever their servers are up and running again.

same problem here. there board states that they have been having problems with their servers since fri. hopefully they're up and running tom. seven is a great program
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverblink View Post
same problem here. there board states that they have been having problems with their servers since fri. hopefully they're up and running tom. seven is a great program
Pretty unrelated question

Is seven still hitting people with international texts? I'd love to use it again...
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You've outdone yourself here juicy, Thanks for putting this together, now please hold off on the next release for awhile, I'd like to keep the same ROM for awhile.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 04-06-2009, 12:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marcun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post
I'm assuming one of the manila files above is messed up in this release, and that is why installing this fix works. From post #3230 it sounds like the bad file is 22bb3b19_manila, but I haven't confirmed this.
I just confirmed that just replacing this file (I used the one from post #3230) fixes the program tab issue. Just copy and paste into \windows.

Then to get the programs tab to show up change:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila - "Manila://programs.page.hidden" from a value of "0" to "1"

Reset the phone when done...
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marcun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post
You can get the START MENU by downloading a cab called start menu fix. Here, I'll attach it.
From looking at the _setup.xml file in the cab it does two things:

It replaces two files in the \windows directory:
htcStartMenuService.dll
htcStartMenuService.dll.0409.mui

and modifies two registry entries:

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila - "EnableStartMenu" from a value of "0" to "1"
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu - "EnableManilaStartMenu" from a value of "0" to "1"

Note that this will not work if you installed the "Regular Start Menu + Programs Tab.cab" and "hide program tab.cab" files from post #3184. Specifically the 22bb3b19_manila file (which gives you the 4 button view) needs to be the old "3 button " style. So if you have already installed the cabs, you can just download the 22bb3b19_manila file from post #3230 and just copy and paste it into the \windows directory. Then reset the phone and it all work.

For those who want to perform the changes manually (like with UC) I've attached the changed files below (I included the 22bb3b19 file from vernonlbrown).
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcStartMenuServices.zip (76.6 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:59 AM
N00b

neverblink is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Pretty unrelated question

Is seven still hitting people with international texts? I'd love to use it again...
i haven't received any since i've been using it...2 months now

now, back to the topic a hand...great work as usual juicy! i installed the new rom and haven't had any of the issues everyone else is mentioning...i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed though
Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

drewmerl is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post
I know, complete n00b here, so forgive me if this isn't helpful...

You can change the following key in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila" and that will make the programs tab show up.

Manila://programs.page.hidden=0

To:
Manila://programs.page.hidden=1

But the issue you state above still happens (At first the softkeys are right, but if you go to the programs tab, it makes all the soft keys change to "All Programs" and "Remove" until you reset).

Installing the two files from post #3184 worked for me though. If you install the "Regular Start Menu + Programs Tab.cab first, let it reboot, then install the "hide program tab.cab" (Which actually un-hides the tab) it works. It also gives you 4 rows of buttons instead of 3.

The first cab actually replaces 3 manila files:

6be6fd25_manila
291a6623_manila
22bb3b19_manila

The second only changes the registry key setting I mention above (the first cab changes this key as well, making it hidden, so you have to do the second one after the first, or just change the key manually yourself).

I'm assuming one of the manila files above is messed up in this release, and that is why installing this fix works. From post #3230 it sounds like the bad file is 22bb3b19_manila, but I haven't confirmed this.

Also, I'm pretty sure just changing the registry entry above worked in the 090328H build without the file change.

[man you guys are too fast... I've had to re-write this post 3 times as more and more info came out ]
From my understanding I just need these two files from a previous post, do I need to have TF3D2 turned off for both in order to be successful? The post didn't mention it.

Thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development