PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Anyone Interested In A Working Programs Tab For Manila 2.1?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554330

-I threw in an additional/optional reg file in the cab's zip folder that will map the Right Softkey on Manila's HomeTab to the Programs Tab.

-As an afterthought- It has a default of 32 items (8 rows in Portrait). I didn't need nearly that many so I dropped it to 20 items (6 rows). I feel like no programs are lost in the middle rows anymore either. You'll see what I mean.

Edit: Forgot to give you all the enable_programs_tab that comes in the TFlo2.1 optional installs folder. Thanks for providing the reg keys for everyone until I got back online.

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 09-01-2009 at 12:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
[CENTER]Anyone Interested In A Working Programs Tab For Manila 2.1?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554330

-I threw in an additional/optional reg file in the cab's zip folder that will map the Right Softkey on Manila's HomeTab to the Programs Tab.

-As an afterthought- It has a default of 32 items (8 rows in Portrait). I didn't need nearly that many so I dropped it to 20 items (6 rows). I feel like no programs are lost in the middle rows anymore either. You'll see what I mean.
Sweet! Thanks! I was wondering about a programs tab solution, but hadn't seen any talk about it. I for one love having a programs tab.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

anybody get the PocketRAR to work properly? When you first open the application, you're supposed to hit the "ok" button to accept those file assocations, but the "ok" button is hidden by the clock in the top-right.........I had this problem on Black Dragon's 23037 but you could hit the back-arrow button that's above the phone-end button to okay it, but doesn't work with this rom.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hmm... I like the new Manila build... but I am not thrilled about the new WM build.

If they're planning to release this to the public as 6.5, they're screwed. It sucks.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
hmm... I like the new Manila build... but I am not thrilled about the new WM build.

If they're planning to release this to the public as 6.5, they're screwed. It sucks.
and yet sadly this is wm 6.5.1 =)
at least in the beta stages
many decried wm 6.5 initially as well but people began to enjoy it too very much too =)
Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
anybody get the PocketRAR to work properly? When you first open the application, you're supposed to hit the "ok" button to accept those file assocations, but the "ok" button is hidden by the clock in the top-right.........I had this problem on Black Dragon's 23037 but you could hit the back-arrow button that's above the phone-end button to okay it, but doesn't work with this rom.
the ok button is on the bottom now
Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Keep in mind MS is still playing with UI changes and these are just "leaked" versions of those experiments. MW6.5 went gold and will be released officially in October. That version will have the older style UI with the start and ok/close buttons on the top and only two soft keys along the bottom. A couple weeks ago MS announced they would have a WM6.5 Refresh in February of 2010. This would provide an updated and more finger-friendly UI. What you are seeing now is MS playing with different finger-friendly ideas.

Personally, I like the changes. They took a little time to get used to but I haven't pulled out my stylus since 23034 was leaked. Of course it changes the ClientRectangle assigned to windows and any program that hard-codes screen locations is going to be horked by these changes. Aside form the Task Manager which overlays the ok/close button, I feel any window that doesn't draw itself correctly because of these changes wasn't coded properly to begin with. Those windows should be asking for the upper left boundary and the screen size instead of making fixed assumptions. But like any technology-preview version, if you are going to play with it, you need to accept the fact that things aren't guaranteed to work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD

Quote:

I'm a flashaholic and I read this alot from people who haven't really given it some time. The new build over time is much better and I find overall it makes much more sense to have those top buttons on the bottom, they are much easier to press and makes up for the lack of additional hardware keys.
I still have nightmares about trying to press the x button!

You'll be back!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm not talking about just the new location of the Start Menu/OK button, I'm talking about the overall feel and use of the entire OS. I understand that it is a pre-release of 6.5.1 but overall, I think it's crap. The entire OS is unpolished, awkward and just not up to snuff. They can do more "finger-friendly" operations without taking up half the screen as well.

I never had to take my stylus out before this release, either. I'm hoping MS improves WM quick, because I'm planning on jumping ship soon if there's nothing to keep me. TBH, if it wasn't for TF3D, I probably would have left already. I try using Titanium all the time and I always end up going back to TF3D.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

considering that the OS may in fact be primarily getting ready for capacitive touch screens, it is no question that the OS feels a bit weird on a resistive touch screen device
in that scenario its no question that a lot of the operations are the result for the finger friendly feel...keep that in mind that this is an OS that may be for finger input and not stylus input
I found clicking on a start menu in the top of the screen to be completely annoying and obtrusive but we have workarounds...
i honestly like the changes MS is making because they will be here to stay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development