PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

quick question have anyone notice when install NUE battery driver; your battery meter does not go to 100%, is there a correct way to calibrate? Also did anyone background change due to the FIM app. just asking taught it was a combonation of things installed
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
quick question have anyone notice when install NUE battery driver; your battery meter does not go to 100%, is there a correct way to calibrate? Also did anyone background change due to the FIM app. just asking taught it was a combonation of things installed
This is normal. Batteries lose efficiency over time. Even at creation, it is probably around 99%. The driver changes the measure to be by single % as opposed to rounding. When you measure with more granularly, these sort of things come to light.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
This is normal. Batteries lose efficiency over time. Even at creation, it is probably around 99%. The driver changes the measure to be by single % as opposed to rounding. When you measure with more granularly, these sort of things come to light.
I believe that it's just a know issue with the nue driver and it's accuracy over 90%. Even if a Lithium battery looses efficiency, it will show itself at 100%.
The Temperature at which a Lithium Ion battery is functioning @ has the greatest impact on its lifespan.
Take my MacBookPro, for instance. I've done a fair amount of HD video watching and, cummulatively, a month or two worth of video transcoding. Basically, it's run quite hot for an extended period of time on several occasions. I've had it for over 2 years and it can't deliver enough power for web browsing so I have to leave it plugged in
So... Unless you've been running WMWifiRouter for hours on end(3G->wifi), while downloading from Usenet, with the phone plugged in, it is very much unlikely that it is you battery.

Our Li-ion Batteries: facts
1. Li-ion batteries last between 300-500 deep cycles (from 0% to 100%).
2. Partial recharges are good. A partial recharge from ~25% to ~75% is less damaging than a recharge from 0-100%, and only counts (roughly) as around 1/4 of the impact of a deep cycle. Li ion technology has no charge memory effect, which means that the battery capacity is completely unaffected by partial charging (n.b. this is NOT the case for NiCad or NiMH technology).
3. Li-ion batteries also decay at a constant rate over time, dependent on temperature, and regardless of use. They lose around 20% capacity per year at 25C, but this is increased at higher temperatures. Shelf life is optimised by keeping unused batteries at 6C (fridge temp) and with ~40% charge. But do not freeze them!
4. 100% charge causes accelerated decay rates. So keep your battery below full charge.
5. Deep cycle the battery occasionally (~once per 30 charges), to recalibrate your charge meter. Otherwise the charge level shown will become inaccurate.
6. Key advantage for Co chemistry is high energy density - up to 200mWh/g. Key disadvantage is the charge/discharge limit, which is ~1.2 coulomb.
7. Conclusion is that you can expect your Diamond battery to last for ~3 yrs of hard daily use. If you take care of it, it will last for double that time.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SilentJ23 is a n00b

I have a question...I had an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint and I had it modded with The Juicy 8 ROM recently due to moving into a new house and not getting any cellphone reception with Sprint, I switched to a different carrier and gave my Touch Pro to a friend of mine that still has Sprint. But now she is telling me after 3 days of trying she cannot activate the Touch Pro into her name, number, and account. Sprint Tech support can't figure it out also they told me that the phone just will not cooperate...does anyone know why this is??? and what I should do about it??? or is the phone tits up for good since it's not mine anymore???
Old 07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJ23 View Post
I have a question...I had an HTC Touch Pro with Sprint and I had it modded with The Juicy 8 ROM recently due to moving into a new house and not getting any cellphone reception with Sprint, I switched to a different carrier and gave my Touch Pro to a friend of mine that still has Sprint. But now she is telling me after 3 days of trying she cannot activate the Touch Pro into her name, number, and account. Sprint Tech support can't figure it out also they told me that the phone just will not cooperate...does anyone know why this is??? and what I should do about it??? or is the phone tits up for good since it's not mine anymore???

Wait, did she take it in somewhere and show them the phone with a custom ROM? You should always reflash a stock ROM and relock before taking it to Sprint...

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Lurker

SilentJ23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Wait, did she take it in somewhere and show them the phone with a custom ROM? You should always reflash a stock ROM and relock before taking it to Sprint...

dwizzy130
Yeah I gave it to her just like I had it just reset all the contacts and stuff so it was like a new phone only with the Juicy 8 ROM on it....I didn't reflash it back to stock or relock it...should I have done that and if so??? where can I find info on getting the Stock ROM and Relocking the Phone??? thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Yeah I gave it to her just like I had it just reset all the contacts and stuff so it was like a new phone only with the Juicy 8 ROM on it....I didn't reflash it back to stock or relock it...should I have done that and if so??? where can I find info on getting the Stock ROM and Relocking the Phone??? thanks

Yea, you should have, here is a link to the stock ROM for Sprint:
http://rapidshare.com/files/16742399...p.exe.zip.html

After that is flashed, relock it with the Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip.

dwizzy130
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Off topic, but is there a new released scheduled for any time soon.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Lurker

SilentJ23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Yea, you should have, here is a link to the stock ROM for Sprint:
http://rapidshare.com/files/16742399...p.exe.zip.html

After that is flashed, relock it with the Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip.

dwizzy130
alright Dwizzy130 I really Appreciate the support, you guys are awesome. I wish I still had my touch pro to play with still cause it was fun messing with all these cooked ROMS. thanks for your prompt and quick advice. (I also hit the thanks button too) I will do these things and Hopefully she will get it to work finally. Thanks again.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
alright Dwizzy130 I really Appreciate the support, you guys are awesome. I wish I still had my touch pro to play with still cause it was fun messing with all these cooked ROMS. thanks for your prompt and quick advice. (I also hit the thanks button too) I will do these things and Hopefully she will get it to work finally. Thanks again.
No problem. Hope all goes well.

dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development