View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
This is normal. Batteries lose efficiency over time. Even at creation, it is probably around 99%. The driver changes the measure to be by single % as opposed to rounding. When you measure with more granularly, these sort of things come to light.
I believe that it's just a know issue with the nue driver and it's accuracy over 90%. Even if a Lithium battery looses efficiency, it will show itself at 100%.
The Temperature at which a Lithium Ion battery is functioning @ has the greatest impact on its lifespan.
Take my MacBookPro, for instance. I've done a fair amount of HD video watching and, cummulatively, a month or two worth of video transcoding. Basically, it's run quite hot for an extended period of time on several occasions. I've had it for over 2 years and it can't deliver enough power for web browsing so I have to leave it plugged in
So... Unless you've been running WMWifiRouter for hours on end(3G->wifi), while downloading from Usenet, with the phone plugged in, it is very much unlikely that it is you battery.

Our Li-ion Batteries: facts
1. Li-ion batteries last between 300-500 deep cycles (from 0% to 100%).
2. Partial recharges are good. A partial recharge from ~25% to ~75% is less damaging than a recharge from 0-100%, and only counts (roughly) as around 1/4 of the impact of a deep cycle. Li ion technology has no charge memory effect, which means that the battery capacity is completely unaffected by partial charging (n.b. this is NOT the case for NiCad or NiMH technology).
3. Li-ion batteries also decay at a constant rate over time, dependent on temperature, and regardless of use. They lose around 20% capacity per year at 25C, but this is increased at higher temperatures. Shelf life is optimised by keeping unused batteries at 6C (fridge temp) and with ~40% charge. But do not freeze them!
4. 100% charge causes accelerated decay rates. So keep your battery below full charge.
5. Deep cycle the battery occasionally (~once per 30 charges), to recalibrate your charge meter. Otherwise the charge level shown will become inaccurate.
6. Key advantage for Co chemistry is high energy density - up to 200mWh/g. Key disadvantage is the charge/discharge limit, which is ~1.2 coulomb.
7. Conclusion is that you can expect your Diamond battery to last for ~3 yrs of hard daily use. If you take care of it, it will last for double that time.
This post has been thanked 6 times.