PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

Talyn 07-28-2009 09:38 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

I'm honestly not having the best of luck with this Rom, which is surprising to me. Anyways,

Battery life is in the toilet, not that TP battery life is good anyways.
But, i have lots of crash issues, and it is really laggy for me.
I've gotten a service issue with this rom now as well. No bars of service almost all the time unless i'm really close to a tower. Just started the other day after running the rom for a few days. I had to hard reset the other day to get data to actually work. It would connect, but not work.

There are some orientation issues with text messages. You'll open a text, and slide out the keyboard. It will orientate to landscape, then back to portrait.

Phone calls comming in are generally buggy, the phone acts like it has no memory, and we all know this isn't true. Can't see who is calling, but i can hit the send button and it will answer. No idea on this stuff.

Miss facebook uploader. Havn't tried the wireless internet sharing, really want too, but rom isn't stable enough, and the service thing is causing problems. gonna flash back to JuggaloX beta, and see if it makes a diff.

I'm kinda dissapointed in the lack of options out of 6.5 as well. The settings are a pain to get too, have to go though the menu's every time. That is dumb. Not juicys fault though.
Some of the other settings are more of a pain to get too as well. Some of the new contact and media features are much better though. It is a work in progress I suppose. I should try and warrenty my phone as well. Maybe, duno yet.

The network options settings for the phone need to be expanded for roam only.
Thanks for including the Mode Of Operations page.

Could use the rapid charge from.. whatever his name is.

The TF3d in landscape is amazing. I love it. Finally a tab customizer as well.
This rom looks good, but it is just going slow and the texting is lagging super bad while typing. Pluss the other slow problems. It doesn't like S2U2, but I'm using 1.62.

Forgot to add. The soft keyboard popping up for everything is really annoying. I wish there was just an option to turn it off all together, seeing as null keyboard doesn't do the trick any longer.

heartisall 07-28-2009 11:48 AM

Thats crazy Im not having any of those problems, This rom has been incredibly stable for me and it is fast as hell you might wanna reflash.

jakdillard 07-28-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 1064659)
I'm honestly not having the best of luck with this Rom, which is surprising to me. Anyways,

I've gotten a service issue with this rom now as well. No bars of service almost all the time unless i'm really close to a tower. Just started the other day after running the rom for a few days. I had to hard reset the other day to get data to actually work. It would connect, but not work.

There are some orientation issues with text messages. You'll open a text, and slide out the keyboard. It will orientate to landscape, then back to portrait.

Phone calls comming in are generally buggy, the phone acts like it has no memory, and we all know this isn't true. Can't see who is calling, but i can hit the send button and it will answer. No idea on this stuff.

Miss facebook uploader. Havn't tried the wireless internet sharing, really want too, but rom isn't stable enough, and the service thing is causing problems. gonna flash back to JuggaloX beta, and see if it makes a diff.

I'm kinda dissapointed in the lack of options out of 6.5 as well. The settings are a pain to get too, have to go though the menu's every time. That is dumb. Not juicys fault though.
Some of the other settings are more of a pain to get too as well. Some of the new contact and media features are much better though. It is a work in progress I suppose. I should try and warrenty my phone as well. Maybe, duno yet.

This rom looks good, but it is just going slow and the texting is lagging super bad while typing. Pluss the other slow problems. It doesn't like S2U2, but I'm using 1.62.

Forgot to add. The soft keyboard popping up for everything is really annoying. I wish there was just an option to turn it off all together, seeing as null keyboard doesn't do the trick any longer.

yeah man you might want to reflash I had some of those issue but they are not just limited to juicy's rom they are spcs problems and for the lagging yeah a little but this rom is fast considering how much is in it to make tf3d2 functional and again juggalo is a 6.1 rom this is a 6.5 rom which 6.5 is still not official to be releashed so bugs are to be expected form the os but most of what you are describing are hardware to software issues from a bad flash try it again maybe you will have better luck

CovKid66 07-28-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking flash to stock and confirm if you have any of the same problems where the same app exists and can be tested. If not, reflash this ROM but download a fresh copy, and remember to clear storage.

I'm also thinking that if you're not too happy with WM6.5, try one of the custom 6.1 ROMs on PPCG.

shayandaman 07-28-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

I'm having the same problems, minus the battery life issues.

heartisall 07-28-2009 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I've had great battery life so far what third party apps are you installing?

Quote:

Sounds like a possible radio issue, I haven't had any problems with service with sprint thus far, you may want to upgrade your radio there is a thread in this section with like 11 of them.

Quote:

Haven't experienced any of this so far, I'm thinking again prolly a third party app interfering with the tachi dialer (could be s2u2). My orientation has been fine so far.

Quote:

Miss facebook uploader.
upload your photos with the built in facebook app does the same thing.

Quote:

Havn't tried the wireless internet sharing, really want too, but rom isn't stable enough, and the service thing is causing problems. gonna flash back to JuggaloX beta, and see if it makes a diff.
Thats your perogative however I would try a reflash first, if you have problems with the internet sharing there is a fix a few pages back.

Quote:

Add this registry edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSett ing

1) Change ItemCount to 3

2) Change ItemName3 = Roam Only. (Default = Automatic-B )

Soft reset. Go back to the settings you should now see roaming option.

Quote:

His name is no2chem and I have attached the .exe for you to install it.

Quote:

I have some lag in the normal texting app none in the HTC app I think at this point it is just the nature of the beast make sure you have T9 disabled though. Ditch S2u2 and use pocketshield or another screen locker I can almost guarantee that is a big part of your poor battery life thats why I had to get rid of it.

Quote:

Forgot to add. The soft keyboard popping up for everything is really annoying. I wish there was just an option to turn it off all together, seeing as null keyboard doesn't do the trick any longer
use this regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\TurnOffAutoDepl oy
Change to 1

:headbang:

skywing269 07-28-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 1065579)
use this regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\TurnOffAutoDepl oy
Change to 0

:headbang:

This registry entry does not exist, I am on the latest build.

heartisall 07-28-2009 05:34 PM

You must create the dword value and reset

Josh H. 07-28-2009 05:57 PM

Hey Juicy,

I'm assuming the answer to this is NO, but thought I'd ask anyway:

I've recently discovered that WM 6.5 is supposed to be bundled with a voice command (and dictation) software called "Tellme."

Read about it here: http://www.be-mine.info/software/win...comment-page-1

Is this something that you have any experience with or could possibly build into your ROM?

Again, I'm not expecting much, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again for all you do!

Also-- Tellme is currently available for certain BBs, so you might be able to have some fun with it on your Tour...

Scoob 07-28-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skywing269 (Post 1065734)
This registry entry does not exist, I am on the latest build.

I tried out Advanced Configuration tool and that seemed to stop the KB pop-ups as well.
I used to tweak the BT settings as well since I stream music/audio a lot.