PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

gorelow 09-08-2009 02:39 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
would that affect the whole phone? even when i depresss the talk button even the vc is lagging. i downloaded the rom on 9/2. is that the newest one?

jshaas2 09-08-2009 03:05 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 1148735)
would that affect the whole phone? even when i depresss the talk button even the vc is lagging. i downloaded the rom on 9/2. is that the newest one?

it is.

thelastpoet 09-08-2009 07:42 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shpd87 (Post 1147891)
Hi, I've searched several different ways but can't find help on a problem. I appreciate your help, really I do becuase I've already spent at least 4 hours trying to find a fix for this....... I have a TP flashed to MetroPCS and its running Juicy 8 ROM. My SMS always shows that I have 1 unread text after I've read them all. If I get a new text it will show 2, 3, etc, but never less than 1. I've cleared out all my texts and soft reset the device already. I really don't want to hard reset it because It took me a week to get my MMS working right and I don't want to loose those settings.

Thanks again.

open this zip file...move the program in it to the phone...run from the phone...after its completed turn off the phone(not soft reset) and then turn it back on...

should get rid of that hanging notification

shpd87 09-08-2009 07:45 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Hey thelastpoet, Thank you very much for the help!

acurattack 09-08-2009 09:05 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Keyboard Issues:
Anybody having problems with the hardware keyboard in the latest release? Typing has become increasingly difficult (with both keyboards). The hardware keyboard in particular has started to malfunction....very long delays between letters and sometimes not typing at all. I know it is still connected because the backlight still comes on. Soft resets do not help. I've not yet installed the SMS Count removal tool, but I can't imagine it's just the SMS counter.

Softkey Issues:
When entering messaging especially, the softkeys do not seem to keep up with the changing screens. For instance, when clicking an email, the softkeys still show Delete and Menu instead of Reply All and Menu. They still work normally when pressed. Sidenote: I installed the Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab immediately after hard reset.

Other probs (already addressed):
Bg4alltabs
Phone scrollbar
Camera photo view screen
Previous messaging screens showing during transitions
General slowness compared to previous release

christian.a 09-09-2009 12:36 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acurattack (Post 1149758)
Keyboard Issues:
Anybody having problems with the hardware keyboard in the latest release? Typing has become increasingly difficult (with both keyboards). The hardware keyboard in particular has started to malfunction....very long delays between letters and sometimes not typing at all. I know it is still connected because the backlight still comes on. Soft resets do not help. I've not yet installed the SMS Count removal tool, but I can't imagine it's just the SMS counter.

Softkey Issues:
When entering messaging especially, the softkeys do not seem to keep up with the changing screens. For instance, when clicking an email, the softkeys still show Delete and Menu instead of Reply All and Menu. They still work normally when pressed. Sidenote: I installed the Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab immediately after hard reset.

Other probs (already addressed):
Bg4alltabs
Phone scrollbar
Camera photo view screen
Previous messaging screens showing during transitions
General slowness compared to previous release

Been scanning through pages of threads looking for fixes. Anything on the camera issues like phone locking up, no flash, can see other apps during transitions, keyboard lag is back?

knife 09-09-2009 12:38 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Juicy,

I've used the last few versions and I have always found your ROMs to be rocking. Unfortunately this is the first that I found to be so unstable that it becomes un-useable. For now I've reverted back, but I will look forward to the next one! Don't let us pushy users whine you into releasing before you are ready :).

PS. Your avatar nearly got me trouble, but even my boss commented on how nice it is :D....

christian.a 09-09-2009 12:49 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
I am a nooB here and I agree with knife. i can only imagine the countless hours that you put into these roms. I was excited to be on e of the first few hundred to try this newest release because the previous version rocked! I will flash back to previous Juicy ROM and let the professional do what they do best.

sc00b4s7eve 09-09-2009 01:06 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by christian.a (Post 1151251)
Been scanning through pages of threads looking for fixes. Anything on the camera issues like phone locking up, no flash, can see other apps during transitions, keyboard lag is back?

Yeah.
Look at mine & ahuskins posts there should be two different "HTC DShow" cabs posted a couple days ago. Each one helps but breaks something else. There is no full solution yet.
I prefer the WAlien one.

nemoid 09-09-2009 01:20 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]
 
6.5 Build 23045

http://www.redmondpie.com/wp-content...uild230451.jpg
http://www.redmondpie.com/wp-content...uild230452.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0