PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

nemoid 07-28-2009 08:58 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 1065579)
use this regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\TurnOffAutoDepl oy
Change to 0

:headbang:

I believe it should actually be 1, not 0 :)

Talyn 07-28-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 1065579)
I've had great battery life so far what third party apps are you installing?

Sounds like a possible radio issue, I haven't had any problems with service with sprint thus far, you may want to upgrade your radio there is a thread in this section with like 11 of them.

Haven't experienced any of this so far, I'm thinking again prolly a third party app interfering with the tachi dialer (could be s2u2). My orientation has been fine so far.

upload your photos with the built in facebook app does the same thing.

Thats your perogative however I would try a reflash first, if you have problems with the internet sharing there is a fix a few pages back.

Add this registry edit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\InitProv\PhoneSett ing

1) Change ItemCount to 3

2) Change ItemName3 = Roam Only. (Default = Automatic-B )

Soft reset. Go back to the settings you should now see roaming option.

His name is no2chem and I have attached the .exe for you to install it.

I have some lag in the normal texting app none in the HTC app I think at this point it is just the nature of the beast make sure you have T9 disabled though. Ditch S2u2 and use pocketshield or another screen locker I can almost guarantee that is a big part of your poor battery life thats why I had to get rid of it.

use this regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\TurnOffAutoDepl oy
Change to 0

:headbang:

It's amazing that I've been around long enough with a high enough post count that you guys talk to me like this is the first time I've flashed or tested a rom.

Anyways, Thanks a lot for the auto deploy keyboard.
I wish you could just turn it off all together.
Saving that though.

The rom actually did effect the service, which is really tripping me out, the rom shoudln't have anyhting to do with the service, but I have full service in the same spot i had none this morning.

As for the facebook app, and facebook uploader.
There is one step with uploading a photo with facebook uploader. well 2 really.
Open picture. Menu>upload to facebook.
Quick and takes seconds.
I liked the facebook app, but it was kinda clunky still, and I dont mind facebook mobile one bit. the Facebook app ignored a lot of my who i didn't want to read stuff, so i got a bunch of stuff I didn't like, but I did enjoy some of the other features on it, like the phone book, that was cool!

I have poor battery life with or without s2u2.
I did not like pocket shield or any of the other programs.
I use S2U2 for the random background feature, so I can feature off my photography and art work, so people always ask questions when I whip my phone otu to check the time, and it spurs up conversation and potential jobs.
I have not installed S2u2 yet today, and have had no difference in battery life.
Its really just a michigan thing on the battery life. I had no issues out in VA or MD, Ohio or Tenn.
Not enough high speed towers here in michigan, so you are on 1x all the time, and that sucks battery.

Again, thanks for the reg key! I'ma get that in my list.

As for the network stuff, which I already know.
I was mentioning it to Juicy to include it. I was not asking for it. =)

ahuskins 07-28-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Miss facebook uploader.
You can upload pics to Facebook easily. Send a MMS to mobile@facebook.com
You need to set it up via facebook first. Works like a charm or, you could try fIM "Facebook instant messenger"
It's wicked fast and lets u do pretty much anything you want.
You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480365

ahuskins 07-28-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abednego (Post 1063869)
One thing I noticed about texting on custom ROM's ... is that the messages are not marked as "read" once you reply. This was even the case with Mighty's ... I have to sometimes go back into the thread once or twice extra so it won't appear as "new" anymore.

Try this: in the TF3D messaging app click on "Menu" then "Close" For some reason opening up the menu and closing it corrests the message read issue.

JokeZony0u 07-28-2009 09:56 PM

just flashed this rom and LOVE it. There is a very small problem though..how do you shut off the predictive text? I've turned it all off and it still continuously tries to predict what i'm trying to write..its sort of annoying

rushco 07-28-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1066460)
just flashed this rom and LOVE it. There is a very small problem though..how do you shut off the predictive text? I've turned it all off and it still continuously tries to predict what i'm trying to write..its sort of annoying

That happens after I flash this ROM. I just play with it for a minute and it ends up stopping.

ahuskins 07-28-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Start a text..turn off XT9..type some numbers...
That's it. It will stay off until you repeat the process in reverse.

heartisall 07-28-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemoid (Post 1066301)
I believe it should actually be 1, not 0 :)

Haha, yea good call def shoud be 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 1066365)
It's amazing that I've been around long enough with a high enough post count that you guys talk to me like this is the first time I've flashed or tested a rom.

Anyways, Thanks a lot for the auto deploy keyboard.
I wish you could just turn it off all together.
Saving that though.

The rom actually did effect the service, which is really tripping me out, the rom shoudln't have anyhting to do with the service, but I have full service in the same spot i had none this morning.

As for the facebook app, and facebook uploader.
There is one step with uploading a photo with facebook uploader. well 2 really.
Open picture. Menu>upload to facebook.
Quick and takes seconds.
I liked the facebook app, but it was kinda clunky still, and I dont mind facebook mobile one bit. the Facebook app ignored a lot of my who i didn't want to read stuff, so i got a bunch of stuff I didn't like, but I did enjoy some of the other features on it, like the phone book, that was cool!

I have poor battery life with or without s2u2.
I did not like pocket shield or any of the other programs.
I use S2U2 for the random background feature, so I can feature off my photography and art work, so people always ask questions when I whip my phone otu to check the time, and it spurs up conversation and potential jobs.
I have not installed S2u2 yet today, and have had no difference in battery life.
Its really just a michigan thing on the battery life. I had no issues out in VA or MD, Ohio or Tenn.
Not enough high speed towers here in michigan, so you are on 1x all the time, and that sucks battery.

Again, thanks for the reg key! I'ma get that in my list.

As for the network stuff, which I already know.
I was mentioning it to Juicy to include it. I was not asking for it. =)

Just trying help you out man not trying to call you a noob, I am just loving this rom so I hate to hear your having so many probs with it.

JokeZony0u 07-28-2009 10:58 PM

you guys are the best..thanks a lot! btw..i just realized...why is that when I use a contact card's text message ability it doesn't send? When i check on Vito SMS, it has a yellow marker next to it as if its waiting to be sent but it doesn't send unless I send another text.

On another note, whats the problem with the facebook connection for the contact cards?

Gashira 07-28-2009 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I use the attached cab whenever I flash a ROM. It changes the behavior back to what it was like on the Mogul, i.e. not annoying. I don't remember what keys it changes off of the top of my head though.