PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

MACE 07-16-2009 07:58 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1038506)
I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:

Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks

to which I got the following response:

Code:

Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?

WOW...... and um.. Wow....

Bad enough for him to use your work without permission, or even credit after the fact, *regardless* of how trivial he may have thought it was, and I'm sure it was not, having developed UI elements in the past myself, but then, to add insult to injury... I mean WOW.. I just can't believe that attitude. He treats you like some punk kid.

Incredible.

As has been said, its this sort of crap that often destroys dev teams, and even studios.
Trust me, I know...

austerville 07-16-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2037 (Post 1038247)
I have found that this happens to me under certain conditions:

If I have TaskManager set to close the app when you hit the X and I do so while it is updating your mailbox through push or send and receive then the app does not shut down correctly and thus cannot be launched again.

Hope this helps.

I do have TaskManager set to close the app when I hit X and I use the X a lot. I'm going to try to disable that option and see whether the problem resolves itself. Thanks for your response.
Edit: I thought I that close option enabled, but now that I went to change it I realized that it's already disabled, so that's not the problem. Any other takers for a solution?

ahuskins 07-16-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRX8o7 (Post 1038828)
Im glad I opened this thread when I did since I am not getting my gmail mail and I thought it was just me typing something wrong. Where do I find the code you posted above on my phone/PC to change it?

Those are all setting in the email account setup.

Quote:

I tried this first and where the drop down menu is that has POP3 highlighed already it wont let me select anything else, its like you cant use the dropdown menu but its there. Everything else is changed to the correct thing for Imap. Possibly solution why its doing that?

I just tested and my selection menu certainly opens with POP3 and IMAP selectable. Are you setting it up through TF3D or the Windows interface?

kski71 07-16-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1038506)
hey all.... little dissapointed tonight. why?

well here we go...

To those that took the time to press "thanks".... thank you!

I have PM'ed NRGZ28 on XDA:

Code:

Originally Posted by Juicy47
I noticed my name in the MASD in your roms, could you please give me proper credit in the changelogs as well? It took alot of work to get things working properly - plz and thanks

to which I got the following response:

Code:

Originally Posted by NRGZ28
What are you doing looking in the MASD section of my ROMs ? And what exactly did you have to do about EzInput ? Add you name to the RGU ?

Now in case any of you forgot, when EzInput2.0 was first available we all had a hell of a time

1) making the keybaord fit properly in landscape VGA
2) getting the hard keys to work

I can't attest to doing all the work, but here is what is contained in my rom, kitchen, and oem package that NRGZ used:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD]
"IME_EzInput_Western"="2_0_JUICY47_01" ;Do note remove
;inital work by savage25rcracer
;working hardware mapping by Juicy47

So can you understand why I'm a little pissed off that NRGZ won't even aknowledge other users who have done the grunt work necessary in having a working port?

This is ridiculous, and a poor attitude on behalf of NRGZ. All I asked for was a thank-you.

Please re-consider donating to this fool. Donate to PPCGeeks.com or XDA instead - I don't want or accept donations.

Oh and after this wonderful little incident, you can forget about me release my EzInput 2.1 OEM/CAB as well as my 8 series kitchen.

MAD? Let NRGZ28 know.

This is the kitchen I've been waiting for/asking about always checking to see if released yet, and now becuz of the arrogance of another I will never get to see it! Thanks NRGZ28!! By the way Juicy I really appreciate what u do, thanks again.

Nygel 07-16-2009 09:34 AM

Juicy did you ever get a chance to check out buld 21925 the updated to 21921, was reading that it dont have the graphic and other issues like 21921 and the speed is faster than 23004 but that is something you will havce to check and determine yourself, just helping out with info that I read

NinjaDuck 07-16-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Im glad I opened this thread when I did since I am not getting my gmail mail and I thought it was just me typing something wrong. Where do I find the code you posted above on my phone/PC to change it?

I tried this first and where the drop down menu is that has POP3 highlighed already it wont let me select anything else, its like you cant use the dropdown menu but its there. Everything else is changed to the correct thing for Imap. Possibly solution why its doing that?

The script I posted is a provisioning script. You can simply save it to a file called gmail.xml, customize the settings, and put it on your phone.

They you need to import it. The simplest way would be by using a tool like Advanced Configuration Utility:

http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...b-install.html

From the menu --> Select import provisioning script.

This same script can be used for UC (user customization) or autoinstall like SASHIMI - Look at my profile and follow some of my previous posts for more information.

NinjaDuck 07-16-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austerville (Post 1039004)
I do have TaskManager set to close the app when I hit X and I use the X a lot. I'm going to try to disable that option and see whether the problem resolves itself. Thanks for your response.
Edit: I thought I that close option enabled, but now that I went to change it I realized that it's already disabled, so that's not the problem. Any other takers for a solution?

I personally did not disable the close function, but have taught myself to use the home key to get out of outlook.

imkk 07-16-2009 01:01 PM

I am outraged at NRG's actions and comments. Can I call my congressman or something?

You see what he is trying to do, right? If he pisses enough good developers off and they quit contributing, he thinks it moves him closer to the top.

MightyMike 07-16-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imkk (Post 1039411)
I am outraged at NRG's actions and comments. Can I call my congressman or something?

You see what he is trying to do, right? If he pisses enough good developers off and they quit contributing, he thinks it moves him closer to the top.

He's got a long way to go!

nemoid 07-16-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imkk (Post 1039411)

... well if they quit contributing... then he's got nothing to steal.... right?