PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BigDuke6nc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

I have searched but I haven't seen anybody else mention this little issue. The screen is showing the Normal TouchFlo Today Screen but the Start Menu is showing Messaging. It seems like the Messaging application has performed a send/receive but is not closing all the way to the touchflo today screen. When I receive calls this screen stays up instead of showing the caller id information. I have to click the close button to see the caller id information. I have noticed this on the last two Juicy builds.

I know I butchered that explanation but I was wondering if anybody can share some insight.

BTW. Juicy, I love your work and appreciate all of your effort and time.

Last edited by BigDuke6nc; 07-13-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo's :(
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post
I wouldn't mind hosting it free of charge either, ive got about 3 different dedicated servers i'm using for business that could more than support the Juicy following. I'd also do any design needed....soooooo what were saying is... JUICY DONT GO!!

Realistically what would be even better would be a sub forum to the sub forum (CDMA Upgrades) for each specific ROM. I'm talking about for the ROMs that get used a lot like no2chem, juicy, mighty, etc. Release could be sticky topic and bugs or questions posted below that. I'll help as much as i can because i use this rom everyday for work....really it's the only reason i haven't switched to an iPhone yet. I'm willing to deal with the bugs for the customization that can be done on WM phones
Subforums is a great idea! Anyone wanna ask a moderator or PPCGeeks admin about that?

I think it is agreed that this thread needs to be closed or deleted. 600+ pages is just ridiculous.

On another note.. don't switch to an iPhone just yet! My girlfriend actually just got a 3GS on Friday. The hardware is great if you're into touch-only phones. The software is still lacking in my opinion. No true multitasking. Not every program goes landscape for easier typing. I can't seem to figure out how to set Auto-Lock to only apply when on battery (want screen on all the time with external power), and you have to jailbreak the phone to do simple categories on Springboard (the home screen). Lastly, I like Sprint much more than AT&T. The 3GS is heavier and feels larger than my Touch Pro. I'll stick with that, or hold out for the Sprint Touch Pro2.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Subforums is a great idea! Anyone wanna ask a moderator or PPCGeeks admin about that?

I think it is agreed that this thread needs to be closed or deleted. 600+ pages is just ridiculous
One of Mighty Mike's devotees asked if there could be a subforum for MightyRom, the mods said no.

Edit: here's the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68337

Last edited by Machinehead; 07-13-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
One of Mighty Mike's devotees asked if there could be a subforum for MightyRom, the mods said no.
Any reason?? Anyone wanna help with a separate Juicy forum effort somewhere?

I suppose we need Juicy47's input as well on the matter.

If I were a chef, I would not stand for this kind of 600 page madness!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

fowen is a n00b

Quote:

I think it is agreed that this thread needs to be closed or deleted. 600+ pages is just ridiculous.
I sent a PM to one of the admins suggesting this just this morning. Ultimately... it is their forums... all we can do is suggest options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

Edit: here's the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68337
I can understand why they said no. There is downsides to this as well. If they created a sub forum for every chef that decided to make a rom it could get out of hand very fast. Some ROMS don't need their own dedicated space because they aren't as popular. Other chefs (Like Juicy and MightyMike) could justify their own section because of the amount of responses one of their threads get.

Quote:

Well, the Chef is part of the ones who want the "forum structure" designed this way. It is much easier for a Chief to look over one thread with problem reports/suggestions instead of 10 different threads when they release new roms often. I think if Chef's were forced to start a new thread each time they released a new ROM they wouldn't release them as often. Again this is just my opinion and not actual fact.

I think if this should continue to be discussed, it needs to be done in a separate thread. The more that is discussed here the further offtopic/messy the thread will go
Old 07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Same here...both with TC and Resco Explorer 2007. Only started with the latest build.

I'm really glad i'm not the only one.lol
I've tried everything in my arsenal to come up with why it's doing that but no luck.

dwizzy130

Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6nc View Post
I have searched but I haven't seen anybody else mention this little issue. The screen is showing the Normal TouchFlo Today Screen but the Start Menu is showing Messaging. It seems like the Messaging application has performed a send/receive but is not closing all the way to the touchflo today screen. When I receive calls this screen stays up instead of showing the caller id information. I have to click the close button to see the caller id information. I have noticed this on the last two Juicy builds.

I know I butchered that explanation but I was wondering if anybody can share some insight.

BTW. Juicy, I love your work and appreciate all of your effort and time.
I have actually had that same issue for a LONG time now. And not just on Juicy ROMs. You can close this messaging screen by hitting the "X" button, or by just touching one of the TF3D tabs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)

tripflex is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tripflex

Quote:

I wouldn't mind doing it. I've got plenty of space and i'm pretty dank at php

Only thing is...if we start another forum for Juicy and Mighty or what not, we need to make sure they are on board. If they aren't on board for it then it's kinda pointless...especially if Juicy is gonna leave us! YIKES!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Speak up over here if you think Juicy ROM should have a sub-forum.

Juicy47 - What do you think?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1

Question... is it me or is there no file explorer in the start menu?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development