PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Juicy...

This ROM is fast as all helll and really really smooth.

That being said, im quite disappointed that one of the best still has so many problems cooked in, especially after they were discussed here on this thread.

The People tab issue still exists, the clock problem is still there, internal storage is still an issue, and why no background on all tabs or a neater programs tab?

I do love ur roms for innovation, speed, and the lack of crap that u cook in (most other chefs have 20+ un-needed programs in their roms) This leaves it clean and stable.

Just giving my 2cnts... no need to get flamed by the Juicy purists or show any disrespect.

PS: i too have the "keyboard not showing contacts" issue. A fix ASAP would be wonderful.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bladed2 is keeping up the good workbladed2 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bladed2

Can't enter touch input options in personal settings. tried a hard reset and soft reset. can anyone else plz confirm this.
Telus Radio 1.04.05V
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

r3ferrei is becoming a great contributor

3D games such as Boom Blox and NFS Undercover still dont work with the Juicy 8 series.

As a comparison, the NFSFAN rom which is a 6.5 rom was able to launch those games, as well as Mighty 5.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Juicy...

This ROM is fast as all helll and really really smooth.

That being said, im quite disappointed that one of the best still has so many problems cooked in, especially after they were discussed here on this thread.

The People tab issue still exists, the clock problem is still there, internal storage is still an issue, and why no background on all tabs or a neater programs tab?

I do love ur roms for innovation, speed, and the lack of crap that u cook in (most other chefs have 20+ un-needed programs in their roms) This leaves it clean and stable.

Just giving my 2cnts... no need to get flamed by the Juicy purists or show any disrespect.

PS: i too have the "keyboard not showing contacts" issue. A fix ASAP would be wonderful.
There is no problem with the clock. If you are not GMT-5, then you will have to set your time ONCE. Manila/worldclock keeps the correct time thereafter. its the best fix for know, unless either you or I learn Lua scripts, and I just dont have the time or desire.

I know internal storage is still an issue. Keep in mind I don't use UC... I'll do my best to fix it on the next release... SD performance is in fact much better on the latest.

the background for all tab and whatnot is ugly in my opinion and I won't implement it. some tabs just need to have a dark background, again... imo. There are cabs to fix this.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Love this ROM - best I've flashed!

Unfortunately... the SMS contacts issue is a dealbreaker for me. Have to revert to the last build until this is fixed.

Congrats again Juicy for a fantastic ROM otherwise! I do hope we can find a fix for this so I can flash back immediately.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Juicy about that Keyboard Lag..... All Yea.. There is None .... YESSsss ...!!! LOL !!!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
3D games such as Boom Blox and NFS Undercover still dont work with the Juicy 8 series.

As a comparison, the NFSFAN rom which is a 6.5 rom was able to launch those games, as well as Mighty 5.
i've never gotten mighty nor juicy to run nfs undercover. mighty will play monoploy here and now (another EA game) while juicy will only play it with all today screen plugins (titanium, touchflo, etc) disabled. nfsfan will play all of these unhindered. i wonder what the difference is...
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
There is no problem with the clock. If you are not GMT-5, then you will have to set your time ONCE. Manila/worldclock keeps the correct time thereafter. its the best fix for know, unless either you or I learn Lua scripts, and I just dont have the time or desire.

I know internal storage is still an issue. Keep in mind I don't use UC... I'll do my best to fix it on the next release... SD performance is in fact much better on the latest.

the background for all tab and whatnot is ugly in my opinion and I won't implement it. some tabs just need to have a dark background, again... imo. There are cabs to fix this.
This is what Im talking about...

THank you very much for actually listening and not being a douche. Alot of other Chefs arent so nice about it.

The clock thing still happens topop up from time to time. for me. It wont automatically change which is great, but if I go into the clock screen (mistakingly press it in my pocket or somthing) then Miami FL turns into XXXX argentina, and they dont use Daylght savings... so the time gets effed up. No biggie, as long as I can stay out of the clock screen.

And I understand where you are coming from with the choice of not having the background on all tabs cooked in. The problem with NOT cooking it in is that most people want it... and when they install the cab it really messes with alot of things that you worked on. It actually changes some things inthe manilla other than the background ie: Facebook integration, HD Tab issues, and ive noticed some graphical anomolies.

This ROM is still VERY damn fast and clean as hell. Pretty easy to get my tweaks and what not in there and have it running near ideal.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Two more issues I'm having (other than the SMS problem):

Changing the today theme (to anything but all black) doesn't work --

The taskbar / menubar colors don't change. I've tried every .tsk in my collection to no avail, so it looks like a bug. I also tried UITweaker2 to change these colors manually - and even IT wouldn't take!

I don't normally use TF3D (prefer MobileShell3) so changing these bars to something other than black is important.

Also:

Anyone else have issues with ActiveSync? When I hook up my phone via USB, it keeps asking me for 'server credentials'... I've never seen this before! I don't have an Exchange account, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited by trevor_g; 06-27-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_g View Post

Changing the today theme (to anything but all black) doesn't work --

The taskbar / menubar colors don't change. I've tried every .tsk in my collection to no avail, so it looks like a bug. I also tried UITweaker2 to change these colors manually - and even IT wouldn't take!
Umm... the 6.5 themes don't change the taskbar colors.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development