PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP
Carrier: Sprint

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Attn: Juicy,

I know its kind of bad form to double post, but I wanted to thank Juicy directly in a separate post, and let him know how much I have appreciated having someone that has put the time into doing all this testing and so on to make such a robust rom. I would normally like to do all this testing and tweaking myself, but I just don't have the time right now, so I am really grateful for ppl like you that put in so much time and effort.

I also want to say I tried a few roms before running across Juicy 7 and a couple after as well, but this one fulfills my needs better than any other I have tried, by a good margin as well I would say. You definately got my vote when that whole thing went down!

When I read "This is a ROM built for speed, stability and heavy use" I was like, "Sign me up!!" this was *exactly* what I was looking for. I need something that will be responsive, do what I need it to, and above all be RELIABLE.

The only complaint I have ever had that I can think of, is just that I couldnt really understand why you were using a version of TF3D that had some pretty serious issues for a while, as I could not see what benefit it had over the slightly older version that someone posted as a fix, that would make it worth losing core functionality such as dialing from TF. But that was easily fixed with the aforementioned version someone posted. So no big deal

Aside from that, I have been very impressed with the stability of your ROMs, even the beta releases, and once again, would like to thank you for your time, and to encourage you to KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

MACE
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

Whats everyone average boot time with J8?
Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

MrTek is keeping up the good workMrTek is keeping up the good work

On the Multiple Text Message issue....

Did you happen to installl the Sprint version of Arcsoft?

I could see messages that I sent still showing up in my Outbox even after I know they were received.

I also noticed they were showing up in drafts.

What is the latest Arcsoft MMS availiable? What is the latest MMS settings for Verizon for it?

I just hard reset....
Old 06-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: go EVO go EVO go..go EVO go..EVO..EVO..

cyespocket is keeping up the good workcyespocket is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to cyespocket

i dont have the time to go through hundreds of page to look for the problem i have...but can anyone confirm..i use my phone as modem bluetooth pan..and it doesnt work..but if i send file through bluetooth it works..and no icon? thanks in advance...and the rom is beautiful..best rhodium i tried..
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone tried installing TouchInput 2 (Build 34711)? : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525264

Just curious, cuz I'd love to have the compact qwerty keyboard with that build.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

Taishar is keeping up the good workTaishar is keeping up the good work

I've had to soft reset my phone like 3x today. Sorry Juicy, but this rom has gotta go! Not sure what the problem is. My only guess from reading others posts is that your rom doesn't play well with PIM Backup. I've got over 1k text messages, but other roms I've used haven't had a problem with them... I imagine it's the HTC software bogging things down. I look forward to a Juicy 8 kitchen (please include a non TP2 manilla if you do!).
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishar View Post
I've had to soft reset my phone like 3x today. Sorry Juicy, but this rom has gotta go! Not sure what the problem is. My only guess from reading others posts is that your rom doesn't play well with PIM Backup. I've got over 1k text messages, but other roms I've used haven't had a problem with them... I imagine it's the HTC software bogging things down. I look forward to a Juicy 8 kitchen (please include a non TP2 manilla if you do!).
Large amonts of saved sms will bog down this rom big time. Does anyone have any insight into options besides cleaning up my sms?

I'll clean it up if I have too.. I love this rom too much
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishar View Post
If I would have to guess it would be the 6.5 stuff. You can drop the bottom out of the TF3d stuff and use titanic stuff and similar problems.

I did move most of mine to myphone.microsoft.com and it helped.

Instead of soft resetting you can use sktools freeram to reclaim memory.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

thanks for the kind words all

i finally sat back this week and didn't build or flash for a couple of days. i am finally satisfied with my own work.

there will always be small glitches... hell even on the released roms, but this is pretty damn good
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

THISTtt
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTek View Post
On the Multiple Text Message issue....

Did you happen to installl the Sprint version of Arcsoft?

I could see messages that I sent still showing up in my Outbox even after I know they were received.

I also noticed they were showing up in drafts.

What is the latest Arcsoft MMS availiable? What is the latest MMS settings for Verizon for it?

I just hard reset....
Yes, I did install Arcsoft mms, but After a hard reset and reinstalling Arcsoft I no longer have the problem. The only thing I did different after this hard reset is not let MS MyPhone sync my saved Texts. So that could have been the issue?

Also, Off topic from the sms issue, but i just found THIS, about to try it out. I'll report back with some results later.

Last edited by lorddaddy84; 06-19-2009 at 11:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development