PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptrx View Post
Whoa! I implied the ROM should be built to my standards? O-k, no more of that stuff for you. I'll go perform another hard reset for the guy implying that I'm an idiot when it comes to flashing. Thanks for your polite and respectful help. =D>
I was not calling you an idiot, I just was making a suggestion cause some times we get tunnel vision and forget the little things, I was also making a general comment that individuals forget to do.
hope you solve you issues
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Liking this ROM. Has all the latest components and is smooth. Coreplayer shows good video performance compared to other roms. A couple of weird things about the ROM

- First ROM i've encountered that's not compatible with s2u2. Tried both 1.62 and 2.02, but in each case the slider is missing. Very strange.

- Youtube is still a bit jerky compared to other ROMS. Appears to be something with the data connections. I noticed that once the video is completely downloaded video playbeck becomes very smooth. Only during data transfer is the video playback jerky.

- Gmail does not register properly, registering with pop3 rather than IMAP4. Need to manually set it up for IMAP4 or you won't see any email in the inbox.

Thank for a good rom overall.

Nathan
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho

is anyone else having issues w/ their SDConfig not working. I know the Storage ID has been fix but the autorun doesn't seem to want to run the SDConfig file anymore.

Does anyone fun the SDConfig file? and is it running for them w/ this new build?
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'm now having problems with wifi turning itself on. It won't turn off (Comm manager will switch off, but it'll still be consuming power), and it seems to turn itself on randomly, more often when the battery is low. When it turns itself on, it doesn't respond so I can't even use it to connect to a network. A soft reset doesn't fix the problem most of the time. Sometimes it'll show as on in comm manager but I won't have an icon for it, and again, it won't connect.

Also, even without s2u2 I'm getting lockups on boot, unless I keep the phone active. If it goes to standby while booting (because, let's face it, boot times are still long) it will freeze and I'll have to soft reset it and tend to it, tapping the capacitive area every 20 seconds or so...

Suggestions? (Yes, I did hard reset after flash, I even restored to the stock sprint rom before flashing, hard reset, flashed this ROM, hard reset again)

I have Sprint and do not have these problems... sorry. I do have a question for you.. I've been debating using S2U2 but are you saying there might be lock up problems at boot with the newest version? I know the older versions like 1.3 and what not were buggy as hell. Does the newest S2U2 work with Juicy's rom?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nswenson View Post
Liking this ROM. Has all the latest components and is smooth. Coreplayer shows good video performance compared to other roms. A couple of weird things about the ROM

- First ROM i've encountered that's not compatible with s2u2. Tried both 1.62 and 2.02, but in each case the slider is missing. Very strange.

- Youtube is still a bit jerky compared to other ROMS. Appears to be something with the data connections. I noticed that once the video is completely downloaded video playbeck becomes very smooth. Only during data transfer is the video playback jerky.

- Gmail does not register properly, registering with pop3 rather than IMAP4. Need to manually set it up for IMAP4 or you won't see any email in the inbox.

Thank for a good rom overall.

Nathan
Try reinstalling S2U2, it works just fine for me the only thing with 2.02 and the tachi dialer, you need to enable blank screen on talk in order for the program to not turn itself off after getting off the phone.

The gmail issue, ive yet to see any rom including the stock one that automatically sets up imap settings for email.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
is anyone else having issues w/ their SDConfig not working. I know the Storage ID has been fix but the autorun doesn't seem to want to run the SDConfig file anymore.

Does anyone fun the SDConfig file? and is it running for them w/ this new build?
look for sd autorun config.cab and then run from temp. also used taskmg to load my xml.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Unhappy Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Ok i've search high and low but i know its out there because i've seen it before somewhere. 2 questions...

1. How do u implement your own cabs when flashing to a new rom or hard rebooting. Everytime juicy comes up with an update/upgrade i have to constantly input internet setting and install bout 15-20 cabs over again. HELP isnt there a guide??? maybe im typing in the wrong things as im searching

2.Where are internet setting stored in the registry??? that way i could just back those up and make a cab file out of it............

Thanks to anyone that can help, Juicy love your roms, i just hate when i get comfortable with one and you come out with a smashing update, then it takes hours to install everything once i reflash to the newest one.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also how do u uploads cabs on here because i have so many fixes that people are looking for on juicy rom.........
Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
Also how do u uploads cabs on here because i have so many fixes that people are looking for on juicy rom.........
in post reply additional options click on manage attachments in the attach files box/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Try reinstalling S2U2, it works just fine for me the only thing with 2.02 and the tachi dialer, you need to enable blank screen on talk in order for the program to not turn itself off after getting off the phone.

The gmail issue, ive yet to see any rom including the stock one that automatically sets up imap settings for email.

Obviously I've already uninstalled and reinstalled as I stated that I tried 2 versions of s2u2. I also did a sktools uninstall which is more complete and the issue remains. Must be a bad flash, or something else I installed. I did a hard reset after flashing, so it's not that.

I also forgot to mention that I'm getting occasional freezes for a few seconds, then the device resumes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development