PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Juicy I love your roms but Im having two issues, first I can't get my gps to work with the last couple releases, Im on sprint btw. The quick gps tool will not download data either the bar finishes like it is downloading but then it just says operation failed. My 2nd problem is that Opera keeps randomly closing for no reason. Are there any fixes for these problems?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Opera crashes because of flash. To fix this, simply disable the plugins option in Opera>Settings>Advanced>Enable Plugins.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmerl View Post
This happened to me once. Go to:

Phone > Menu > Options > Services (tab) > Location Setting > Get Settings > On

I hope that works, good luck!

Thanks alot both of these fixed my issues, the only issue I am having now is on my 6.5 lock screen it works fine to slide to unlock, however if I get a text or other notification it doesn't ask me to tap for more options. I'm on 090530 any ideas?
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Same here... I'm getting some of the best battery life i've ever had...
dwizzy130
Same here with Juicy8b1. I don't have a panic attack when I leave my house without my charger, hehe.

-Also, I'm having that old-hat bug, on one or two of manila's subpages where it freeze and continue scrolling.
It's not in the tabs, though, which makes it so much less of a problem. Plus, this is only a beta build.
-HTCAlbum associations are missing for .m4v & .3gp and I've confirmed they play (Really well!).

Other than that... this ROM flies. Even with my 20MB pagepool the memory utilization is WAY lower than J7-090530.
I don't know how your doing it but you've made some major leaps & bounds recently.
Many thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man if this is a beta I can't wait for a full version!!! Been running it since it came out and it is awesome.

The only thing I don't care for (which is a very small personal preference) are the smaller program buttons on the programs tab. The text runs into the button below it. Is there a fix for this or a way to "import" a manila file that has the regualr size buttons maybe??
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenkoben View Post
i am on sprint and installed sprint arcsoft twice, both times it will not let me send or receive pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPAdams View Post
Sprint killed the ability to send MMS with Arcsoft. The story I heard was that Verizon contracted with Arcsoft to develop the MMS app. It happened that it worked for Sprint as well so people started using it and Sprint turned a blind eye. They got threatened with a lawsuit from Verizon or Arcsoft, or both so they shut it off. That's the story I got, don't know if it's true, but they have rolled out "Picture Mail" in its place. This is an additional service that, depending on your contract, you'll have to pay for (probably the real story to killing Arcsoft is in the fee for Picture Mail). Anywhoo, assuming you have Picture Mail on your account, you can install the cab below.

As a side note, I've also attached Sprint Navigation and SprintTV cab files below. These are also services that you may need to add to your account, depending on your contract. These are the main customizations I've set up in my sdconfig. Enjoy!
I just sent a picture using Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79. You may want to check your settings. They may be difficult to find. After you install ArcSoft open SMS/MMS messaging and go to "Menu" then "Pics/Video Options" then "Servers" then click on "SprintMMSC" and ensure that you are using port 80 and your server address is "http://mms.sprintpcs.com". Connect via: "The Internet" I am using send limit of "500k". I don't know if changing that will cause it to fail or not. I hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sometimes I get pretty great battery life, sometimes I get pretty horrid battery life. I think it has something to do with Opera. Usually Opera will start to act a bit funny, and sometimes become unusable, and that's when my battery will get drained very quickly. Otherwise, battery life is pretty good.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

I have juicy 7 build 090530 and im missing my programs tab! also how do i integrate my contacts with facebook? Any thoughts??
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Mobility

r3ferrei is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
Sometimes I get pretty great battery life, sometimes I get pretty horrid battery life. I think it has something to do with Opera. Usually Opera will start to act a bit funny, and sometimes become unusable, and that's when my battery will get drained very quickly. Otherwise, battery life is pretty good.
Agreed. I have noticed this too. Its either good (not better in my opinion to Juicy 7, but good enough) or its really bad.

Portrait to Landscape switching is horribly slow, but I blame TF3D2 for that problem, not Juicy's rom.

Otherwise, the rom is fine. Still cant wait for a true TF3D2 port so this thing can speed up a bit to the same level as TF3D1.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
I have juicy 7 build 090530 and im missing my programs tab! also how do i integrate my contacts with facebook? Any thoughts??
The programs tab is not in that build... Try the newest beta 8.... very nice ROM & u will find the programs tab there as well
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
Agreed. I have noticed this too. Its either good (not better in my opinion to Juicy 7, but good enough) or its really bad.

Portrait to Landscape switching is horribly slow, but I blame TF3D2 for that problem, not Juicy's rom.

Otherwise, the rom is fine. Still cant wait for a true TF3D2 port so this thing can speed up a bit to the same level as TF3D1.
Yep... same here.

The only bugs I see are:
  1. Contact Card is broken
  2. Camera saves all pictures in portrait mode, regardless of what you took the picture in
  3. Start menu in landscape is 3 icons wide, same as in portrait (or this by design?)

That's all I've seen. Everything else is great! Love it.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
Here's the beta if u wanna try it... Juicy 8 Beta
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development