PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Kash76 is keeping up the good workKash76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking about using a custom ROM

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have had my share of frustrations with this phone.

I do not use TF3D, I use PocketShield for the locking and WM default dialer and have my share of battery woes, keyboard lag, etc.

Anyhow, I was looking at Mighty ROM for a step forward as HTC doesn't seem to be having a new ROM out anytime soon.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the custom ROM's and if it addresses some of the concerns above? The keyboard lag drives me crazy!! Also, I haven't see anything for the GPS lag but maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!!

Many dumb phones-->Treo650-->700wx-->800w-->Touch Pro --> Treo Pro --> BB Curve 8330
Old 03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808
Re: Thinking about using a custom ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have had my share of frustrations with this phone.

I do not use TF3D, I use PocketShield for the locking and WM default dialer and have my share of battery woes, keyboard lag, etc.

Anyhow, I was looking at Mighty ROM for a step forward as HTC doesn't seem to be having a new ROM out anytime soon.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the custom ROM's and if it addresses some of the concerns above? The keyboard lag drives me crazy!! Also, I haven't see anything for the GPS lag but maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!!
Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

also - there is no need to use a locker. lockers are only for phones that have buttons that can get pressed when you have it in your pocket or something, but if you just press the power button, it will turn the screen and buttons off. you can still get calls and all, but that alone is enough. using a 3rd party locker is pointless.

Besides anyone here with a touch pro isnt dumb enough to put it directly into their pocket, lol...it is going in a holster on their hip anyway
Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Curve 8330
Threadstarter

Kash76 is keeping up the good workKash76 is keeping up the good work

I have a hip holster but the screen gets pressed when the phone wakes due to SMS. This is just another frustration. Because of this I will continue to use a locker program.

Thanks for the info, I will have a look at this ROM.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C

Now your just being a douchebag. Period.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Now your just being a douchebag. Period.
I second that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Crobs, you need to relax. You are WAY out of line.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:

-C
Well first of all I wouldn't make a post saying how worthless someone's rom is, all these rom chefs invest alot of time and effort at no cost to us for something sprint, verizon and who ever else takes forever and a day to do, if its not your cup of tea then so be it but you have no right to call it worthless unless you can make one that can put everyone else's rom to shame. To the original poster, if you have a question about a particular rom, whats in it and how it performs then just read that particular thread and see what the other posters/users are saying. Creating a thread asking about opinions won't really get you anywhere since we all have different preferences.

Last edited by themuffinman; 03-22-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Quote:

-C

wasted the valuable 1 min of my life.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

His rep alone speak's for itself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development