View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
crobs808
PPCGeeks Regular

crobs808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808
Re: Thinking about using a custom ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have had my share of frustrations with this phone.

I do not use TF3D, I use PocketShield for the locking and WM default dialer and have my share of battery woes, keyboard lag, etc.

Anyhow, I was looking at Mighty ROM for a step forward as HTC doesn't seem to be having a new ROM out anytime soon.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the custom ROM's and if it addresses some of the concerns above? The keyboard lag drives me crazy!! Also, I haven't see anything for the GPS lag but maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!!
Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)