PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Thinking about using a custom ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62035)

Kash76 03-22-2009 06:05 PM

Thinking about using a custom ROM

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have had my share of frustrations with this phone.

I do not use TF3D, I use PocketShield for the locking and WM default dialer and have my share of battery woes, keyboard lag, etc.

Anyhow, I was looking at Mighty ROM for a step forward as HTC doesn't seem to be having a new ROM out anytime soon.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the custom ROM's and if it addresses some of the concerns above? The keyboard lag drives me crazy!! Also, I haven't see anything for the GPS lag but maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!!

crobs808 03-22-2009 07:42 PM

Re: Thinking about using a custom ROM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash76 (Post 790005)
I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have had my share of frustrations with this phone.

I do not use TF3D, I use PocketShield for the locking and WM default dialer and have my share of battery woes, keyboard lag, etc.

Anyhow, I was looking at Mighty ROM for a step forward as HTC doesn't seem to be having a new ROM out anytime soon.

Can anyone comment on their experiences with the custom ROM's and if it addresses some of the concerns above? The keyboard lag drives me crazy!! Also, I haven't see anything for the GPS lag but maybe I've missed something?

Thanks!!

Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C

crobs808 03-22-2009 07:43 PM

also - there is no need to use a locker. lockers are only for phones that have buttons that can get pressed when you have it in your pocket or something, but if you just press the power button, it will turn the screen and buttons off. you can still get calls and all, but that alone is enough. using a 3rd party locker is pointless.

Besides anyone here with a touch pro isnt dumb enough to put it directly into their pocket, lol...it is going in a holster on their hip anyway

Kash76 03-22-2009 07:46 PM

I have a hip holster but the screen gets pressed when the phone wakes due to SMS. This is just another frustration. Because of this I will continue to use a locker program.

Thanks for the info, I will have a look at this ROM.

MightyMike 03-22-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobs808 (Post 790235)
Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C

Now your just being a douchebag. Period.

razorloves 03-22-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 790251)
Now your just being a douchebag. Period.

I second that.

Nimdock 03-22-2009 07:50 PM

Crobs, you need to relax. You are WAY out of line.

themuffinman 03-22-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

-C

Well first of all I wouldn't make a post saying how worthless someone's rom is, all these rom chefs invest alot of time and effort at no cost to us for something sprint, verizon and who ever else takes forever and a day to do, if its not your cup of tea then so be it but you have no right to call it worthless unless you can make one that can put everyone else's rom to shame. To the original poster, if you have a question about a particular rom, whats in it and how it performs then just read that particular thread and see what the other posters/users are saying. Creating a thread asking about opinions won't really get you anywhere since we all have different preferences.

poorlyduck 03-22-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

-C

wasted the valuable 1 min of my life.

viwizard 03-22-2009 07:53 PM

His rep alone speak's for itself.