PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Thinking about using a custom ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62035)

TweetyBear 03-22-2009 07:55 PM

Re: Thinking about using a custom ROM

wow..what the heck was that? how are you gonna diss someone's rom when you can't even make your own?

viwizard 03-22-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobs808 (Post 790235)
Well, I had a Titan (XV6800) for the past 2 years, and just upgraded to the Touch Pro, and all I can say is that I WISH they would have put the RAM/STORAGE space from the TP inside the Titan body.

Not only is the TouchPro a pain to use, and leds itself to getting scratched to heck with the whole body being glossy, but all of the ROMs I have tried, and super bulky.

the best ROM I have found for the TP is GC's 2.1.4 ROM. It does not have any of the crap that all the other wannabe rom makers have built into theirs like MightyMike, Juicy, etc...all of those are worthless.

If you value speed and ease-of-use or your phone, then GC's is the best. If you just want something that looks pretty when it sits on the table, but is a pain in the butt to use when you pick it up then go with MightRom.

-C

From the little I gathered from the thread involving said GC's rom there were issues listed as well.

Kash76 03-22-2009 08:00 PM

Yikes, I thought his opinion was a little harsh.

If the mods want to start this thread over, fine with me.

Nimdock 03-22-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash76 (Post 790311)
Yikes, I thought his opinion was a little harsh.

If the mods want to start this thread over, fine with me.

Actually Kash... Our opinions may mean very little to you in terms of which one you would actually prefer.

In my opinion what you should do is visit a few threads as someone else said earlier and actually try the roms for yourself. Try Juicy's and Mighty's for sure.

I am what you would call a rom/kitchen wh0re and jump all over the place from rom to rom and kitchen to kitchen. Try to leave the creators useful comments/thanks if you do try their work.

The best way to find out what you like is to try everything... Mess your phone; it's worth it.

Kash76 03-22-2009 08:06 PM

Thanks Nimdock. Mighty has a heck of a following so I will try that.

Are you Hobbs elsewhere? That avatar look familiar!

Nimdock 03-22-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash76 (Post 790344)
Thanks Nimdock. Mighty has a heck of a following so I will try that.

Are you Hobbs elsewhere? That avatar look familiar!

Hum, in a few places... GatorSwamp, Invision, my own forum (which is in Spanish so I don't think that one is it, hehe)... And a few others more obscure...

dave01978 03-22-2009 11:45 PM

yeah i reccomend trying several, and also mighty's is good, i jump around, figure out what you want, speed or more stuff loaded into it.

Good luck, and happy flashing

Kash76 03-22-2009 11:46 PM

I just loaded Mighty. So far so good. Thanks for the help.