PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tPro by Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

c0mputerp0et is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working IE8 Wmo 6.5 Alpha Beta Rom for Sprint TP

mikee4fun your the man. i've been running 6.5 a few days and was sad i wasn't able to make ie work.

for those interested. i've found 6.5 very quick. it SNAPS. i'm a daily user of tomtom and it clearly starts up and routes faster than 6.1.

i use zimbra ( exchange replacement ) for OTA and also imap into 2 google apps domains. sometimes while changing between accounts ( finger swap ) OR writting a new email PocketOutlook and/or rom freezes everything and i'm forced to reboot ala stylus.... sometimes = once a day. I basically use email all day long as well.

thanks again mikee4fun!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mputerp0et View Post
mikee4fun your the man. i've been running 6.5 a few days and was sad i wasn't able to make ie work.

for those interested. i've found 6.5 very quick. it SNAPS. i'm a daily user of tomtom and it clearly starts up and routes faster than 6.1.

i use zimbra ( exchange replacement ) for OTA and also imap into 2 google apps domains. sometimes while changing between accounts ( finger swap ) OR writting a new email PocketOutlook and/or rom freezes everything and i'm forced to reboot ala stylus.... sometimes = once a day. I basically use email all day long as well.

thanks again mikee4fun!
zimbra? I am going to have to check it out. When using zimbra it locks up on you or the default pocket outlook/activesync exchange? I have not got it to lock up on me yet, but then again, I cook my exchange and gmail settings into the rom itself. I h ave managed to lock it up using Resco Photo Viewer Pro browsing the windows folder and also the HTC Photo Album. I rarely ever use those so its not a issue for me. =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tPro by Sprint

c0mputerp0et is a n00b

I haven't opened AS to force a sync BUT i will try that out and see if I can replicate the crash. Today, this morning early am, i remember panning between accounts with the finger swap and it hard crashing...rest of the day it's been fine.

I just loaded yours up and LOL'd when I opened for portrait!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows
Carrier: SPRINT

blackwater888 is a n00b

im going to try this
Old 01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mputerp0et View Post
I haven't opened AS to force a sync BUT i will try that out and see if I can replicate the crash. Today, this morning early am, i remember panning between accounts with the finger swap and it hard crashing...rest of the day it's been fine.

I just loaded yours up and LOL'd when I opened for portrait!
Star Trek FTW! LoL
Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bradparker1892 is a n00b
Re: Working IE8 w/Screenshots Wmo 6.5 Alpha Beta Rom for Sprint TP

thanks! i'm so excited to try it now.. downloading now!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bradparker1892 is a n00b
Re: Working IE8 Wmo 6.5 Rom for Sprint TP

Liking the rom so far.. i'm sure this has been brought up b/c of the build os, but has anyone had any luck with getting the camera to work on this rom?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Working IE8 Wmo 6.5 Rom for Sprint TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradparker1892 View Post
Liking the rom so far.. i'm sure this has been brought up b/c of the build os, but has anyone had any luck with getting the camera to work on this rom?
No luck as of yet brad, but it will come in do time. To be honest I am so swamped on new server builds at my job I have not had any time to look into trying to make it work. Conflipper is also working on getting the animation engine to work which would be cool since I like start up animation. I will keep ya posted if anything looks promising.

Cheers,

Mikee
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul or 6800

willn is a n00b

mikee or anyone else that has loaded this. Any of you have any problems with sling player? It will connect, but I get no video.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willn View Post
mikee or anyone else that has loaded this. Any of you have any problems with sling player? It will connect, but I get no video.
Hi Willn, I do not have a slingbox anymore so I cannot test it. What I would try is go to start then programs and then system tools. Click on the faster 2d graphics, install and then soft reset. See if it works. If it doesn't then go back into programs and then system tools and click on faster 3d graphics, install and soft reset. If that fails then it may be some codec that slingplayer mobile needs. Let me know what results you get.

Cheers,

Mikee

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development