PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

hm... anyway to go back to the old Start Menu? not really liking 6.5, but at least it got rid of that HORRIBLE keyboard typing lag!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
as in when the TP2 finally launches and we just dump it from there?
Still needs a resolution fix.... If it was that easy, we'd have it already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex42590 View Post
rico what about the custom icons on the tb?
MightyMike re-did the battery and the EV icons.... They're an improvement from the stock 6.5 ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
hm... anyway to go back to the old Start Menu? not really liking 6.5, but at least it got rid of that HORRIBLE keyboard typing lag!
No, that's not possible... Sorry.... You're just going to have to get used to it. I know it takes a lot longer, but just move things around in the menu to help you out better...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

If someone is running LogMeIn, can you try connecting to one of your computers (in IE) via http://www.logmein.com/pda and see if a remote control connection can be made (desktop control)? I can't load up the ROM until I sync with my system at work, and I don't want to go to work right now (1:30am).
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

is there a way to disable s2a even though its cooked into the rom? im trying to use s2u2 for the full screen caller id, but s2a keeps trying to pop up causing some serious interference. i hate to mess with the perfection that is mighty rom, but this has been the only thorn in my side with it.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Prizo!

Alex42590 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Still needs a resolution fix.... If it was that easy, we'd have it already...

MightyMike re-did the battery and the EV icons.... They're an improvement from the stock 6.5 ones...

No, that's not possible... Sorry.... You're just going to have to get used to it. I know it takes a lot longer, but just move things around in the menu to help you out better...
thanks for the response, also is there a program floating around to remove tabs? diamond config tool doesnt work
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II on SERO

ejoshkim is just getting started

Thanks Mighty. Thanks to you it seems like I have a new phone every time i flash my phone.

Comment and Question to the rest of the community.

I have my pagepool at 24mb although I don't notice too much difference between 20mb and 24mb.

What do you guys have the Advanced Config Performance settings at?

Here are my settings.

File System Cache: Enabled
File System Cache Size: 8MB (4MB default)
File System Filter cache: 32768 Sectors (8192 sectors default)
PNP unload delay: 1500 (1500 default)
PNP wait I/O delay: 1500 (1500 default)
Glyph cache: 128KB (8KB is windows default but mighty has it at 128KB)

Having the File System Cache Size as 8MB does seem to make things snappier for WM 6.5.

What I want in my next TP3:
-At least 25% thinner, 1.5GHz Snapdragon, 4" -720p Cap. Screen (nothing bigger), 2GB of ROM, 1GB of RAM, Flash!, Better Camera, Even better keyboard (is that even possible?)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Prizo!

Alex42590 is becoming a great contributor

hey guys i think i just bricked my phone, i tried changing the start text file shellres.dll.0409.mui then soft reset, now it stays on the second boot screen, i tried reflashing but stays on second screen also, any ideas??

nvm i got it working again now i know not to mess with that file, lol

Last edited by Alex42590; 04-21-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 AM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoshkim View Post
Thanks Mighty. Thanks to you it seems like I have a new phone every time i flash my phone.

Comment and Question to the rest of the community.

I have my pagepool at 24mb although I don't notice too much difference between 20mb and 24mb.

What do you guys have the Advanced Config Performance settings at?

Here are my settings.

File System Cache: Enabled
File System Cache Size: 8MB (4MB default)
File System Filter cache: 32768 Sectors (8192 sectors default)
PNP unload delay: 1500 (1500 default)
PNP wait I/O delay: 1500 (1500 default)
Glyph cache: 128KB (8KB is windows default but mighty has it at 128KB)

Having the File System Cache Size as 8MB does seem to make things snappier for WM 6.5.
We already tried every single tweak that's in advance config, plus more... If you guys are trying other ways to get a few bits of performance, it's going to be hard. The ROM is really optimized as it is, tools like advance config are really great, but in custom ROM's, most cooks already have those built in or have something already implemented so such settings are not needed.. We went through so many builds to make sure you guys would get it the best way possible. Not saying there's no way to improve the ROM as it is because we're still looking for more performance, but to be honest, to make it faster, you just gotta disable and delete a lot of things, and next thing you know, you got a boring phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex42590 View Post
hey guys i think i just bricked my phone, i tried changing the start text file shellres.dll.0409.mui then soft reset, now it stays on the second boot screen, i tried reflashing but stays on second screen also, any ideas??

nvm i got it working again now i know not to mess with that file, lol
Never fear.... It's really hard to brick these phones... As long as you can get your phone into boot loader, you can always re-flash and start like nothing happened..... Most of the time....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Awesome rom so far Mike and Rico. But, I have locked my phone up twice so far. I don't exactly know how I did it, but if I run across it again, I'll post it up. I love it though. Very nice work both of you guys.

kevin
Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 AM
CyanogenMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Awesome rom so far Mike and Rico. But, I have locked my phone up twice so far. I don't exactly know how I did it, but if I run across it again, I'll post it up. I love it though. Very nice work both of you guys.

kevin
If it keeps locking up on you, just hard reset it to lose the gremlins. The very same thing happened to my neighbor.... But I just got his phone up and running with a hard reset....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development