PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Mobile 6.5]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boraxman View Post
I just tried to run the straight up unlock an I get an error and put to recover screen...strange.
try this. click start-settings-connections-usb to pc, then uncheck the box under activesync. any further problems unlocking, please post in the unlocking thread i gave you the link to.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boraxman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
try this. click start-settings-connections-usb to pc, then uncheck the box under activesync. any further problems unlocking, please post in the unlocking thread i gave you the link to.
OK, thanks for the replies.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

Wondering if MR6 users could confirm SMS text lag/error issues:
When typing out a message it starts off fine but after approx 12 characters it does one, or all, of the following:
- cursor freezes and input lags, when text resumes and tries to catch up there are often errors
- multiple spaces are inserted for some reason, most times many (6+)
- spelling errors or missed letters that are not user errors!
- keyboard just stops working all together (soft kb works) and only resumes after soft boot

Using POE I don't have most of the above errors other than tabs being inserted out of the blue (gaps) and the space button does not insert consistently when typing quickly.

I'd appreciate confirmation of the above errors and hope this isn't a hardware issue.

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510

Last edited by Van G; 08-24-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Updated Observations
Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Wondering if MR6 users could confirm SMS and POE text lag/error issues:
When typing out a message it starts off fine but after approx 12 characters it does one, or all, of the following:
- cursor freezes and input lags, when text resumes and tries to catch up there are often errors
- multiple spaces are inserted for some reason, most times many (6+)
- spelling errors or missed letters that are not user errors!
- keyboard just stops working all together (soft kb works) and only resumes after soft boot

I'd appreciate confirmation of the above errors and hope this isn't a hardware issue.
dude, i hate to tell you, but sounds like a hardware issue. I've had three TP's. A few times, flashing back to stock helped my situation, but i knew it was still there, and I just hated to go through the motions to get another one. I'd flash to stock (since i don't know your cab installs), and if it still does it, it's a hardware issue.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
dude, i hate to tell you, but sounds like a hardware issue. I've had three TP's. A few times, flashing back to stock helped my situation, but i knew it was still there, and I just hated to go through the motions to get another one. I'd flash to stock (since i don't know your cab installs), and if it still does it, it's a hardware issue.
I actually haven't installed any ROM's since the 18/07 MR6 release. I've only started experiencing keyboard issues for the past couple weeks. What strikes me as odd (if it is hardware) is that a soft reset will cure the problem temporarily?

I've seen more than a few posts referring to the keyboard issues with this ROM.

PS:If I want to flash back to stock Telus Rom, anything I need to do other than d/l it here and flash?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
If I want to flash back to stock Telus Rom, anything I need to do other than d/l it here and flash?
that's it, unless you are returning it, then you will want to relock it.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: China Telecom

cnzqy1 is a n00b

Hello MightMike, I've sent you a PM to ask you about a question, could you have a look at it? Thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You know what, its kinda good ROM development has slowed, the 7/18 ROM is great and has no problems. I was flashing new roms everyday and never got to actually enjoy my phone because all I was doing was installing and reinstalling the whole time. This ROM is so good, it should be the last one until we move on to the TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

That is just crazy talk. WM6.5 is up to build 23034 now. It is very much a time for an update. There are new builds constantly. The bugs are not all in the ROMs but, in the WM OS itself. It is very nice to get a bug cleared up. We all hate the text lag issue. It is supposedly, one of those issues.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
That is just crazy talk. WM6.5 is up to build 23034 now. It is very much a time for an update. There are new builds constantly. The bugs are not all in the ROMs but, in the WM OS itself. It is very nice to get a bug cleared up. We all hate the text lag issue. It is supposedly, one of those issues.
correction. MR6 is a good ROM. There might be newer "eye candy" roms that include some newer icons that come with newer builds, or ROMS that include Touch Flo 2, but don't fool yourself, it's not necessarily a time for an update just because are new builds. I agree, i'd love to see one, no doubt, but just because there are no builds don't mean "automatic rom."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development