PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to S8perman
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings View Post
Any work arround for the "file corrupt" error for ringtones/email notifications?

I installed the cab below and did a soft rest and it worked for me. However I don't remember where I got the cab from.

Edit: I was wrong it did not fix my problem.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ZiKrOnIx Rhodium Ringers v2.cab (4.94 MB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by S8perman; 04-24-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8perman View Post
I installed the cab below and did a soft rest and it worked for me. However I don't remember where I got the cab from.
The issue will come back even after doing this.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

kboy is just getting started

Sorry to hear about that. I am sure something will fall through! Mahalo for doing an awesome job!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
The issue will come back even after doing this.
Yep. Sure did. Time to clear storage I guess.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
"Corrupt" ringtone and sounds.

I have a workaround for the following only:

Ringtones, Missed Calls, Voicemail, Reminders, Email, SMS and MMS

Note, it's a WORKAROUND only and with those events only, I've not seen any further issues of the corrupted notice, losing sound, etc.

I'd really like another person to test this out and confirm what I'm seeing before I pass it out to everyone. Just a 2nd set of eyes!

if you have MSN, ICQ, Yahoo or AOL messenger, PM me here and I'll walk you thru the workaround via IM.

I am willing. on my phone now but could i IM you later??

Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pheonixav is a n00b

This rom is great!!! It fast and I love the new 6.5 interface. Thanks Mighty
Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

I see more and more people slowly getting this sound, ringtone corruption...

We got to get to the end of this.

I dont have the issue, but I would hate to be right there with you guys.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
::::::Sprint TP flashing 20MB pagepool with MR5:::::

Any comments, regrets, major differences.
Please share your thoughts on a higher pagepool. Thanks.

*Edit, running titanium only.

No offense Verizon...
Im doing 24 right now. Was using 16, and noticed a nice speed up with 24 in titanium and tf3d. I completely stopped using tf3d tho...Like titanium more!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

combatstang is just getting started

I removed the dialer, but i really like the slide to talk

any way to just make that work, w/out the dialer, i have verizon and i need to remove the dialer because of the memory issue.. need that extra 10 baby!!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Newest Update. Please scroll down o read the running log. Ringtone/Notification sound issue.

Ok I have the work around. So far its worked flawlessly. I'd like someone currently with the, or has had the, corrupt ringtone/notification issue to please try this out to confirm my findings. Switch all notifications, like SMS, MMS, E-mail, and Voice Mail, to the ALARM-DAWN Ringer. You can leave your Phone Ringtone to any of the .wav files, it still remains unaffected. Yes I know the alarm-dawn is not ideal. However since early thismorning My phone has hibernated, I've gotten 14 text messages, 6 E-mails, 8 Calls, 2 MMS, and 6 Voicemails and its worked properly everytime. So this issue has something to do with why Mike has the same ringer, alarm-dawn, selected for the System alarm sound and he said not to change it due to it not working if you do.

[quote=lordshadowz;873334]
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
START- ORIGINAL THREAD.

Ok so after doing some reading, other people have had luck with the corrupted sound issue by converting the ringers and notification sounds to wav files and then transferring and selecting them in settings/notifications. I love the actual sounds that Mighty Mike has selected in Mighty Rom 5 so I wouldn't need to change the ones used, however I can honestly say I've never ever converted sound files or messed with sound files. I'm willing to learn. Is there a freeware app you can use to convert them to wav files ?

If anyone wants to convert the default files to wav and post them that would be cool too.

And damn there goes my notifications again... LOL They been working fine since I hard reset earlier. I been texting my daughter... She just messaged me again and bam no sounds..

Really aggravating..
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Ok.

I've used a converter program called Eusing free converter. I converted every .wma file in the Windows/Rings folder to .wav

I deleted all .wma files in the rings folder, replace them with the .wma files and went into Notifications/settings and reselected every sound and notifications with the new .wav sounds and soft rebooted. Lets see how it goes.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Ok

For anyone interested I started a conversation about the whole sound file corruption issue. You can read them here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=10582

Follow up here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=10599

So far so good. the converted .wav files are loud and clear and working perfectly. The key might be to convert them all deleting the .wma files then reselecting every notification again. All notifications appear to be making sounds and no corruptions. I am in a conversation with 3 people via text message. I have E-mail running in the background, as new e-mails come thru the sound activates and MSIE 8 running also. I'm trying to tax the device to see what happens. If anyone wants to add me to their MSN Messenger list feel free to do so. My nick is lordshadowz@msn.com
Quote:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Originally Posted by lordshadowz
So continuing the Sound File corruption from the following post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=10610

I've been talking for the past hour on MSN Messenger with a few PPCgeekers, Many text messages, I got phone calls with voice messages left and reveived MMS pix messages.. All sounds are working and no corruptions whatsoever. What I did find though, and its not a problem, is that after reselecting the notification sounds with the new .wav files, some didn't make a noise. I simply selected another wav file that did sound and it worked.

For instance Receive MMS was alert 3.. When you click to play it nothing happened. I found another that when you clicked play it did play so I selected that one and after that it worked everytime I got an MMS.

I think this is the deal. I made a .rar file of all the wav files but unfortunately its 65 megs and can't upload it here.. if anyone wants me to send it to them if they could host it ?

I am leaving for work.. lets hope throughout the night I don't get the file corruption. Also as Compusmurf said previously in another post, the ringer works faster with the wav file.. Its pretty nice..

I hope you see this Mighty Mike and Lilrico and Juicy.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
well this is interesting.

So im at work. the phone has been shut off . It auto shuts off after 5 minutes. I hit the power button and the d pad is lit up saying I have a message. I received text messages but I know the phone should have made sounds. I go to notifications and nothing is corrupt. ringtone plays fine. But and this is the interesting part. ALL of the notifications I personally set before, in all categories except for the ringtone have changed themselves to alarm-3. And that wav file doesnt make a noise so the alerts didnt go off. As I said previously i converted all sounds to .wav, deleted all the .wma files and replaced them with the wav files. When selecting a notification i found that not all the wav files will play or make a sound when you select them. You had to find one that did make a sound and use it. For ringtones all sounds worked though.
__________________________________________________ ______________

I changed the sounds in the beginning of the shift. Phone was off most of the night. I got a few text messages thismorning. The 1st one came through fine, subsequent ones made no sound. Also E-mail made no sound. I go into notifications and settings and my selections did not switch, do not report corrupted, however when you press the play button to sample them they make no sound. Switching to previously selected ones also still make no sound. Soft reboot doesn't make them play sounds. It seems when the device is off/asleep a sound will work once or twice then no longer work. The other thing is the ringtone selection always works fine and has not changed AND all the sounds that make no noise under the other notifications, the ones that stop working, actually make sound when you select them as a ringtone. They sample fine. I'm trying something new thismorning. I remember Mighty Mike saying he selected Alarm-Dawn for the alarm because of something with the HTC notifications. I want to see if that has something to do with this. So I selected Alarm-Dawn for all notifications and I've put the device to sleep. I will wait a while and send myself some e-mails and text and MMS messages and see what happens.

So still changing everything to .wav files makes it so you no longer get the Corruption notice.. I just wonder why they stop making noice after a use except for when they are selected as a ringtone in which they always work.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development