PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

niick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

I've been playing with the different release versions. I have 1.5 loaded right now on my verizon TP, and after a restart, i have ~9.45 megs free. The weird thing is if i plug the phone into my computer as a disk drive, i instantly have ~25.3 megs free! if i connect it with active sync instead i stay at the ~9.45 megs... I'm gonna keep playing with earlier versions and see if i get the same thing. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokenlink is just getting started
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

I've noticed on 3 occasions today that when I had an incoming call, I tried answering it by pressing the Answer bar on the screen, not the phone answer hardware button (lower left). And each time it would not allow me to answer and eventually the call went to VM. The last time, when the screen answer did not work, I used the hardware key and was able to answer the call. I also noticed that as I was pressing the screen, I would see a series of vertical bars, similar to the horizontal bars you see when pressing the volume buttons.

Has anyone else had this occur or is this something seemingly specific to my phone?
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
I've noticed on 3 occasions today that when I had an incoming call, I tried answering it by pressing the Answer bar on the screen

You were pressing in the middle and sliding your finger to the left to answer the call right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
I would see a series of vertical bars, similar to the horizontal bars you see when pressing the volume buttons.

Has anyone else had this occur or is this something seemingly specific to my phone?
Have you had any other issues with the phone?

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-10-2009 at 11:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
You were pressing in the middle and sliding your finger to the left to answer the call right?
Hmmm.. intuitively, I've simply been pressing the bar. Still getting used to the sliding functions for so much and didn't realize that the call answer also worked that way. Thanks. I'll give it a shot next time.

Again, I must compliment Kevan for this work. Outlook email is quite snappy, along with some of the other apps. I think the relative speed of the phone depends on the application, of course. As far as battery issues, the phone seems to go light on battery use when off, but then consumes power for calls and other connected activity, but it's still a large improvement on the Mogul. What kills me is when these manufacturers claim these batteries can give 4 or 5 days of standby time. I don't see how it can even give 2 days even if not used for anything.

On a side note to my quest for gmail, I've found a VGA java applet that displays the text the proper size, but you have to keep giving it permission to access mail, since it's unsigned so simple refreshes are painful. Now it seems to crash when run. Hard to believe that gmail via java worked so simple and elegantly on the Mogul.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Have you had any other issues with the phone?
Today was the first day I've used it for routine things since I flashed it. So far it seems quite good and stable. No real complaints, more a matter of me getting used to the user interface.

I am considering upgrading my stock 1.03 radio with the Telus radio you are using.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

niick is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by niick View Post
I've been playing with the different release versions. I have 1.5 loaded right now on my verizon TP, and after a restart, i have ~9.45 megs free. The weird thing is if i plug the phone into my computer as a disk drive, i instantly have ~25.3 megs free! if i connect it with active sync instead i stay at the ~9.45 megs... I'm gonna keep playing with earlier versions and see if i get the same thing. Anyone else experience this?
Same thing happens in 1.4, but 1.3 i have 25 or so free when as unplugged and active synced, 28 when disk drive

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development