PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

There were some issues with T9 switching back to ABC in the 1.4 build. I believe that this was corrected in 1.5 but I could use some feedback. Is the problem fixed?

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmbgap View Post
PROPS - Tscousan!!!
PROPS - vmbgap!!!

see my explanation below

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
There were some issues with T9 switching back to ABC in the 1.4 build. I believe that this was corrected in 1.5 but I could use some feedback. Is the problem fixed?
Works for me but I only tested it once.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Congratulations on your first post...and No. Just no.
Yeah that was flame. I'll call myself out and admit it, although I don't think tsousan even noticed that. However, I just thought it was a funny way to use your first post. But I guess with responses like mine, he won't be making many more. Sorry Reiss.

For the record I was looking into his suggestion, and learning about CFC and compressed files and planning on sending him a pm later, but now this just sounds like I'm trying not to look like an a**hole after the fact.

Kevan, the tf3d images used in your rom aren't compressed are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
This is a free forum and there are some folks that may not have the same level of expertise as others. It is a shame that we feel the need to flame on people (which is against the forum rules) when they just want to contribute (or ask a question) to a ROM they like. However, I assume we are entitled to our own opinion.
How was I flaming on anyone? I don't think I can defend myself without looking like an a**, so I'll just move on.

Should I have just not said anything about the post about XWeather? My comment was NOT directed toward amw1972. I think it's a great idea to include a weather program in the rom, I was just providing an alternative. It's up to Kevan to decide
Should I not have have said that XWeather sucked? My bad? I wasn't flaming on that post, I provide a description to an alternative that I felt was better, but I included I link to the post for the download. This saves users from trying to find the programs themselves, and possibly finding an outdated version. I also included the link to the find themes for WeatherPanel for further customization. Didn't realize that was flaming, I thought I was being more than helpful.

I don't think people realize that there is still a lot of customization that goes on after the flash (although not much is needed after this one). Roms are not made as the end all be all.
Something like BBEXTREME is just a collection of themes for tf3d. It would provide more bloat than what its worth. However, if that’s what the end user wants, of course use it. Maybe I’m wrong, but I didn’t think that this rom was supposed to provide complete and final personalization for the user.

Quote:
In general, I don't mind folks suggesting applications for me to include in the ROM. As a matter of fact, I LIKE people making suggestions. However, I do dislike people telling me what I SHOULD do. It is a fine line.
Have I ever told you what you should/should not do?

I only picked up this rom 6 days ago (only had the phone for 8, and I feel that I've already contributed a lot to this rom. Kev knows, I sent him a couple PMs. A lot of what I've suggested has already been incorporated into v1.4 and on.

I guess if I was really being a bigger person, I wouldn't try to explain myself. I'd just forget about it, and move on, and get back to constructive criticism for this rom, which is what is thread is about. It's just that nobody wants to come across as a bad guy.

So on a construtive note: Kevan, why not include WeatherPanel?

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-09-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

bjoneil is a n00b

Just got my TP activated today and loaded your ROM on.

I went from Mogul > Iphone > Epix (ew) > TP. Happy to back in the HTC family (and on a network that doesn't suck like ATT).

EDIT: I love how the RUU says it'll take 10 minutes and it takes like 45 seconds. I always believe in setting low expectations and overachieving
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
For the record, I noticed on my stock TP that T9 never stayed locked and every time I used the onscreen keyboard it would be in the ABC position. Having just loaded your 1.5 it stays locked in the T9 position.

One thing I have noticed, under Settings there is a program called SToday Settings. Clicking on it does nothing. Is that a glitch or merely an artifact from customization?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmbgap View Post
Well I d/l 1.5 about an hour again and am trying to flash it but it keeps freezing on kktouchprotweaks.cab

Any thoughts????

Update: now unable to sync my TP with my computer to re-flash.

Update: finally got it had to do a hard reset and then reflash crazy, still great rom.
this rom takes a while 30 mins or so to run the customs be paitent.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok. I was trying to stay out of this mess. Lets make this the last message on the "flaming". GoodGets and tsousan... I don't have an issue with either of you and have listened to your suggestions.

Just keep things positive and feel free to comment on others suggestions... just don't trample the newbies.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
For the record, I noticed on my stock TP that T9 never stayed locked and every time I used the onscreen keyboard it would be in the ABC position. Having just loaded your 1.5 it stays locked in the T9 position.

One thing I have noticed, under Settings there is a program called SToday Settings. Clicking on it does nothing. Is that a glitch or merely an artifact from customization?
Launch SecondToday from the Programs --> Utils folder. Once you have launched it once the settings --> SToday settings works.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Agreed

What do you think about including WeatherPanel? I mean with the implementation of Second Today now on your roms, people need something to fill up their extra today space? You could include it, but not activate it, just like Second Today. What ever you decide is fine, cause it's not that hard to install, but I feel that a lot of people use it. Might just be a neat little feature though. I just don't know how hard it would be to include, which is why I don't want to press it.

Or some other today screen weather app, but I don't know of any that are better than WP.

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-09-2009 at 10:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development