PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: [1-31-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.1 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmvirt View Post
Not a problem here is the info for the file...

its a fix for the XBmod HD MANILA 1.8.1.cab.zip and it seems to work fine with this version.

below is the link to the thread with more info...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836
I would be a little concerned with installing this over what Kevan has done. The XBmod is the entire HD theme not just the landscape piece - I tried installing this a few day back on a different ROM and it did not work.

Kevan put a tremendous amount of time into his ROMs, let's just give the time he needs to fix it prior to just blowing away what he had done.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP n00b

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Re: [1-31-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.1 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversavage View Post
anyone notice the blank screen effect when you shut down all programs? how do you get the TF3D back up ??
I saw that too, do not kill the "start" application. I could not find where to restart it - I didn't look very hard either. So I just did a soft reset.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: BELL

cdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good workcdmvirt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
I would be a little concerned with installing this over what Kevan has done. The XBmod is the entire HD theme not just the landscape piece - I tried installing this a few day back on a different ROM and it did not work.

Kevan put a tremendous amount of time into his ROMs, let's just give the time he needs to fix it prior to just blowing away what he had done.

don't get me wrong, I just posted what worked for me as a temp fix. This rom is awesome, I have no intentions to mess up any of the great work Kevan has done
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

xtkxhom3r is a n00b

awesome work with the rom bro i really like it
Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vrdude is a n00b

to start the tf 3d just go to settings/today and uncheck then recheck the touchflo 3d in the items tab... theis will restart it without having to soft reset... hope this helps
Old 02-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eversavage View Post
anyone notice the blank screen effect when you shut down all programs? how do you get the TF3D back up ??
The laucher for TF3D won't show up in the task manager list in the next build. That should help...

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 AM
N00b

lelalouf is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [1-31-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.1 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Just loaded this last night, and so far It's the ****!!!!! Love it. Not too concerned with the tf3d going black when pressing x. I'm sure in the next rev KK will address that.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP n00b

Kevan -

What do you think about removing the "Touch Diamond" top curtain in the next build?

I also noticed the weather updates seem to be a little wacked out when I add a city to the weather data base - sometimes I get a moon during the day and a sun at night. Not sure if this is an issue with the ROM or the weather service.

Still loving the ROM.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
Kevan -

What do you think about removing the "Touch Diamond" top curtain in the next build?

I also noticed the weather updates seem to be a little wacked out when I add a city to the weather data base - sometimes I get a moon during the day and a sun at night. Not sure if this is an issue with the ROM or the weather service.

Still loving the ROM.
Gotta read the release notes. When I released this rom I noted that I need to clean up the theme. I already have it removed in my test build of 1.2.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

DISCLAIMER: my language can be harsh, but rest assured that my intentions are good.

kevank, i think you understand this, but it seems whenever i attempt to constructively criticize, the thread police/waaaaaamulance drivers come out of the woodwork in defense of anything as if i was offending their mother....

ok, i hate to be the bearer of bad reviews, especially on this project because i want so much for it to succeed......but......

coming from your v0.7, this release i feel is a few steps backwards in some crucial areas. i'll list them in order of personal heartbreak:

1. i know it's been mentioned, but it tops my list.....the picture tab in TF3D doesn't work!?!?!?!?.....i almost cried, and hard reset twice praying it would come back....but it never did.....like a newborn who doesn't cry no matter how hard the nurse smacks its ***.....devastating, and most certainly a deal breaker...

2. battery life???....i don't know if i was just loosing track of time as i was setting up/playing, but the battery life on 1.1 seemed to be really bad compared to 0.7.....however, 0.7 was the BEST TP ROM that i have flashed EVER on battery life.
i thought a lot about this one.....and i may know why....while trying other ROMs between 0.7 and 1.1, dreams 1.2 sprint leak/Y4J4.0(wow, where did he go?)/JDs se7en, some of them did not have 1% battery increments, but i think most if not all did have the nueFastCharge. i have a theory that after installing the 1% battery increments ontop of the fastCharge is a culprit for severe battery performance depredation. i will be flashing around today to try and test this theory, but you could squash it by telling me that you don't have the fastCharge built in this ROM.....but going off of memory of how fast 1.1 charged, i think it is in there.....

3. this is a wierd one......Opera's flick scrolling is not performing like it does on other ROMs supposedly with the same version of Opera. this one bugged me in 0.7 also, but i figured the newer version of opera in 1.1 would fix it, as it seemed to have in one of the other ROMs i flashed in between...different display drivers?...maybe, a peril of having the ROM loaded?....weird.

4. this is a tough one to describe exactly in words, and since i have since flashed Juggalo's 0.8 i can't take a screenshot. there is a slight graphical blemish on the TF3D bottom bar. the left hand side of the "active tab" icon always seemed sort of "hacked in there". there was always a gap in the "bloom" effect in the graphic and the bottom half looked "drawn in"......like something I would do in photoshop....

ok, now the goods.....which unfortunately get outweighed by the first 2 bads:

1. the TF3d stocks tab is kick@ss!!!!!!

2. you have managed to build in over 90% of the apps that i put into ROMs....my config time after flashing is < 5 mins with your ROMs....big ups to that!

again, i still think worlds of this ROM, and my praise of all the features of 0.7 a while back all still hold with the exception of the battery life.

I'm currently running Juicy's 0.8, which is a true marvel of performance.....we'll see how it holds up after i load it up as it comes stock rather bare....

again bro, keep it up, you're doing things no other chef is...=D>...keep pushing and everything will eventually fall into place.....i'll be back!

PS: GO CARDS!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development