PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokenlink is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I tried it out yesterday, the new .9 version and didn't like it at all. Was still a little choppy and the text was still a little blocky. Didn't resize and align text as well as opera, but it is good for watching Hulu.com. For youtube, I'd still just use the included app. Here is the post about it. I switched back to Opera.
I had beta tested Skyfire on my Mogul when it was first released. It was very functional as a purpose specific browser (supporting specific content and feeds) but I never used it as an everyday browser. When I tried installing it on the TP it crashed. I have to revisit the site and get a more current version.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

janktron is a n00b
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

this question has probably been asked in the 95 pages of this thread, but i can't find it, so here goes. How can I change the background picture? I don't want it be anything, just the default black screen. thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

In the stock TP Voice Command was set to initiate with the phone button (left). I've been trying to enable VC with the button but can't seem to get it to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong since it doesn't even let me activate it. Anyone else having an issue with it? Thanks.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO
Carrier: sprint

lse4 is a n00b

can anyone help me with my picture mail software i installed the one in my device/cabs/arcsoft mms but it still doesnt work? any help and when i installed it; it said this version of acrsoft might not work properly cause it was built 4 previous windows so any help please
Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
anyone experience MEGA battery drainage on the v1.5? I mean SUPER SUPER battery drain.. I charge the phone to 100 percent, then i take charger out and in a matter of minutes my battery is down like 12 percent O_O that isnt normal..

What version of KK and radio are you using?

Its funny. I read your post, looked over at my phone sitting next to me and it's battery was at 5% left. Phone was left charging on charger and usb cable that came with sprint phone. It was only off chrager for 5 hours. No phone calls, just maybe 6 txt messages and read a couple emails.

I just started using sprint radio v1.11.00F about 5 days ago. Some people have reported issues with it. I'm going to try the Telus radio now.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncob96 View Post
Hey, I just put the rom on my phone and when i try to use certain apps like my camera it says i do not have enough memory to use it, what can i do?

Hard reset the device, problem will disappear.

OR

If you opened up every single app on the phone to see what they were, make sure they are actually closed. From the home screen click on the upper right hand corner. If there is a list there with a whole bunch of apps that means they are still open and eating up memory. Click on the X next to them to close. Better yet, click on the WRENCH icon and then click on the Button tab, change the setting to "End programs by tapping X".

Hope that helps you out. If its not the second solution, it is most likely a hard resetting issue. ALWAYS hard reset after flashing the phone.

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 02-14-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
In the stock TP Voice Command was set to initiate with the phone button (left). I've been trying to enable VC with the button but can't seem to get it to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong since it doesn't even let me activate it. Anyone else having an issue with it? Thanks.

Go to Settings, Buttons. Make sure the button is setup correctly. Voice Command has been working fine for me except that it won't announce incoming calls. It does announce TEXT and EMAIL over the bluetooth though. BTW, can't get ANY rom to announce incoming calls over bluetooth or even thru the speaker.

--housinit
Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Go to Settings, Buttons. Make sure the button is setup correctly. Voice Command has been working fine for me except that it won't announce incoming calls. It does announce TEXT and EMAIL over the bluetooth though. BTW, can't get ANY rom to announce incoming calls over bluetooth or even thru the speaker.

--housinit
I seem to be having the problem in setting up the button. In the stock TP the Talk key was assigned to VC. Now when I try to assign any button or key I get a pop up that states "Each program button must have a unique button assignment. Please select a different button assignment."

Problem is it doesn't let me select any of the buttons, much less assign them. And worse, after I get the pop-up it goes into a non-stop loop. I click OK and try to exit and I get the pop-up again. Only a soft reset gets me out of it.

Last edited by brokenlink; 02-14-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

kk,

after a week of using 1.5, i have to say......THANK YOU!!!!!!......this ROM is the real deal! i don't think i'll be flashing again for a while as this ROM is the closest thing to my vision of perfect out of any ROM for any device that i have ever owned....the previous title holder was no2chem's mogul ROM (5058 i believe).....if you feel comfortable PMing me a mailing address, i got a gas card for Shell or Exxon/Mobile with your name on it brother....i don't do pay-pal...

my only slight gripe with this ROM is something i have mentioned before but it is hard to explain. i have a feeling that it can be changed by a setting but i don't know what/where it is so, please, if anyone reading this knows please reply and educate me. Opera's 'flick scrolling' or 'scrolling inertia'....basically how much pages scroll with one flick on the screen....on other ROMs that have the same version of Opera(juggalo's i think) when i flick scroll the page continues to scroll for a while, in this ROM it hardly does at all... does anyone know how to tweak this? i may try installing a newer version of Opera to fix it.

to those experiencing battery drain, try a hard reset and put the thing down for a 1/2 hour while customizations run. i have a feeling that the battery drain issue is caused by something not loading correctly on initial boot/load. the reason i say this is because after reading this site until my eyes bleed over the last few months i've realized that this is a common issue that a % of people have with ALL ROMs. check the threads....theres always at least a few posts from people with this issue in every ROM thread. it seems to me that it is an anomaly in the flash/hard-reset/first load/boot process. almost like there may be a slight flaw in the bootloader that hiccups every now and then...and if it happens to trigger when you are on first boot after flash or hard-reset, it screws something crucial up. so before you give up on this exelent ROM, try a reflash or hard reset....it has worked for me....if it works for you, you can thank me by clicking the button in this post.....

cheers all
Old 02-14-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
I seem to be having the problem in setting up the button. In the stock TP the Talk key was assigned to VC. Now when I try to assign any button or key I get a pop up that states "Each program button must have a unique button assignment. Please select a different button assignment."

Problem is it doesn't let me select any of the buttons, much less assign them. And worse, after I get the pop-up it goes into a non-stop loop. I click OK and try to exit and I get the pop-up again. Only a soft reset gets me out of it.

I had this problem also, but was able to work it out. As you can see there are a few buttons to setup, but only one is the real button (some weird bug). You can see the actuall Voice Command Hold button, and then the rest say "Context Menu" or something like that. Make sure all of those are set to NONE and then it should work out for you.

Also, i'm not sure how you're going about trying to select and reassign. But you first click on the button you want to change, and then go to the drop down menu on the bottom to change what you want it to be. You don't double click or something like that on the word "button", just click on it once. It should work.

EDIT: BTW, that "bug" exists in Mighty's ROM also, so its not just a problem on KK's.

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 02-14-2009 at 06:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development