PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy71322 View Post
any way we can an fm radio in v1.6??

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43750
Diamond only. They haven't figured that one out for the TP yet.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

playboy71322 is a n00b
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
That has been in my ROM from the very beginning.

Thanks

hmmm when i charge mine it stays at a constant 440
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
hmmm when i charge mine it stays at a constant 440
What are you charging from? How full it the battery?

Not all USB ports can supply more that 500ma.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker

playboy71322 is a n00b

Quote:
What are you charging from? How full it the battery?

Not all USB ports can supply more that 500ma.
Battery is 75% an im using the USB 2.0 on my quad-core pc
Old 02-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Battery is 75% an im using the USB 2.0 on my quad-core pc
Dunno. My battery is at 40% and when I plug it in to my laptop's port it is charging at 883ma.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jwinvest is just getting started

Kevan,

Do you use Trapster that you have included in the rom? If yes please explain what it does and how to use it. Is it a paid subscription service etc.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 02-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Lurker

playboy71322 is a n00b

Quote:
Dunno. My battery is at 40% and when I plug it in to my laptop's port it is charging at 883ma.
it aint no biggie man...but this is the best ROM on PPCGeeeks hands down i tried thm all lol
Old 02-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinvest View Post
Kevan,

Do you use Trapster that you have included in the rom? If yes please explain what it does and how to use it. Is it a paid subscription service etc.

Thanks,

Justin
Trapster was included by request. I do not use the application. Here is a link to the website that explains what it does: http://www.trapster.com/

Kevan
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brokenlink is just getting started

My phone froze again today. This would be the 3rd time. Had to soft reset. My mogul did it often enough for me to think it's a HTC/Winmo thing. Not sure what everyone else's experiences are like.

BTW, just tried out Omniano. It's one of the most amazing apps I've seen on a phone. The notes it produces sound pretty good too. Not sure if the iPhone crowd already has it, but this is way cool. Maybe because I'm not a musician.

Thanks to who ever thought of including this.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Trapster was included by request. I do not use the application. Here is a link to the website that explains what it does: http://www.trapster.com/

Kevan

Jwinvest, I PMed you a couple day ago about Trapster. But here is a little more info on how to use it.

You have to go to Trapster.com using your computer to sign up. It is a free service, so there is no issue there.

Once you have an account, open up the setup program for Trapster. Go to the Start Menu, Programs, GPS-Nav folder, Trapster folder and then click setup.

In setup, select USE GPS in the location drop down. Click on RUN, this will then ask you to enter your login info that you created on Trapster.com. Once this is done it will go back to the setup page again. You are done here, click on OK to close this window.

At this point Trapster is up and running on your phone. It runs in the background. When I have mine turned on, like right now sitting here at home it is telling me "Police often hide here" on the speaker. So it is using the GPS to let me know that someone has reported that police often hide in this area.

If you are still in the Trapster Mobile folder you can click on VIEW to see the text version of what it is saying and tells you the intersections it is talking about. You have to have your phone on for this app to work, and remember that it is using GPS so it will drain your battery, but thats ok because you should be in your car and you can charge.

If the app keeps on repeating a warning over and over again, click on ACKNOWLEDGE in the Trapster Mobile folder to acknowledge the warning and it will stop saying it.

To report a speed trap, or whatever, click on one of the report Icons in the Trapster Mobile folder.

So far it seems to be working out well for me. Remember that this is a user powered app, so the more you use it and make reports, the better it is. It seems that a Fedex driver around me uses it, as it shows that the username that has reported the police hideouts is PBFEDEX. I was wondering how many people actually use this app, it seems like quite a few because just in my area sitting here at home I can see that at least 5 different users have reported police activity in my area.

OK. So I hope this helps anyone that is trying to use this app, its actually kinda cool and I'll probably be using it since I like to race around in my beemer.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that you can import the Trapster reports into TomTom or Garmin or other GPS software if you use it. It adds the reports as POIs in TomTom, kinda nice...you have to import them manually from the Trapster website. The Trapster website is quite informative and you should give it a good looking over. You can even set it up to send you text messages with map links and what not when there are new reports in areas that you specify. Cool stuff.

--housinit

Remember, click on the Thanks button if this or any post has helped you out.

Last edited by housinit; 02-13-2009 at 08:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development