PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Answer away. We are a community. Just don't speak for me.

Wouldnt dream of it.....have I in the past? I hope not.

--housinit
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brokenlink is just getting started
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Initial impressions - some operations (opening apps and menus) seem a bit more sluggish. Right after I flashed, I was driving over to a friend and noticed that the phone was on but frozen when I got there and did a soft reset. My mogul had a tendency to turn itself on and with the TP on the stock ROM I didn't see this much. With the flash I've seen it a bit more.

Having said all that, this is not a complaint. I realize I have to use the phone more to let things settle in. And I am pleased to have finally made the upgrade.

Few other observations. Before memory usage was about 35% with just a few apps loaded. Now I am seeing closer to 50%. I guess this is to be expected. and is still better than the Mogul. I didn't see much memory leak on the stock TP and hopefully that will be the same here. Battery use seems to have increased. But I was in an area of poor coverage so I'll continue to monitor it.

Question. Is anyone here running Gmail as an app? On my Mogul I was using it running on top of Intent Midlet Java manager and it worked very well. On the stock TP I tried using Esmertec Jbed and found that when I opened Gmail, the text font was so tiny that it was virtually unreadable and I could not change the font size.

If anyone is using the Gmail app (not logging in via the browser) what are you using? Using the app is much more convenient than the browser and provides greater functionality.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Wouldnt dream of it.....have I in the past? I hope not.

--housinit
Nope. That statement was NOT directed at anyone in particular.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Have you tried hard resetting the phone once after you flashed it? Sounds like flashing issue. I have been able to sync just fine to desktop and to Exchange. Try a hard reset.
I just ended up cooking my own. Tried Calkulin's kitchen and cooked one but it got stuck in a loop of launching tf3d. Cooked another with Rice's and it's running well.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Kevan -

The battery power is awesome on v1.5. I am only down 4% since I loaded the new release this afternoon (at least 5 hours). Now granted, the phone has only been sitting there (no calls, no TMs pretty much nothing, active sync is set to every 4 hours on the weekend). About the only activity it has had is me turning it back on to look at the battery percentage...

Great job and thanks!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

No info is shown in stock option in touchflo when I select quate option opera loads with a blank page? Also, some of the apps on the rom seems to run slow, even after 3 hard resets?

Last edited by viwizard; 02-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

h2point2 is a n00b

awesome job kk the txt works perfect now, i did not know you had the cab for the sprint version of arcsoft but i installed from somewhere else and this has got to be the best rom i have ever used thank you.

1.5 does use alittle more resources it seems though, i sit around 50 right now where as before i sat at 39-45 no biggie though it is expected.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 AM
N00b

jwinvest is just getting started
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinvest View Post
Hi Kevan,

I did a hard reset and did not setup exchange or my personal email and my battery lasted all day which is amazing. I will setup my personal email tomorrow and see how long the battery lasts. If it still lasts all day long we know that for me anyway exchange is affecting my battery. I don't want to jump the gun, but if it is indeed exchange, how do we change the settings for exchange?

Thanks,

Justin
Hey Kevan,

As promised, I am following up on the battery drain. I setup and synced my personal email every two hours today and used the phone quite a bit also and made it through the day. So to conclude, I believe the battery drain has something to do with exchange which is very important for my job. I will have to find a way to change settings or something so the battery will last me all day.

On another note, I also flashed your new rom 1.5 and it took a very long time to run through customization. It was also very laggy for me which is not consistent with what I am hearing from other people. I did a hard reset to see if that would help and it did not. I then flashed the rom again with no change. The first time I flashed the camera was not working. The second time it worked but very slow. Any suggestions, I may try to download the rar file just in case the original download had any problems.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

xtkxhom3r is a n00b

yea kk excellent work
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

xtkxhom3r is a n00b
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinvest View Post
Hey Kevan,

As promised, I am following up on the battery drain. I setup and synced my personal email every two hours today and used the phone quite a bit also and made it through the day. So to conclude, I believe the battery drain has something to do with exchange which is very important for my job. I will have to find a way to change settings or something so the battery will last me all day.

On another note, I also flashed your new rom 1.5 and it took a very long time to run through customization. It was also very laggy for me which is not consistent with what I am hearing from other people. I did a hard reset to see if that would help and it did not. I then flashed the rom again with no change. The first time I flashed the camera was not working. The second time it worked but very slow. Any suggestions, I may try to download the rar file just in case the original download had any problems.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Justin
hey bro when you first flash the rom its pretty slow for me too but after a soft reset it gets back to speed... i dont know why your having so many lag issues...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development