PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

danerd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

KK,
Thanks. I've been trying your ROMs since 1.1. And it just gets better & better... This one seems to be the snappiest. I changed the pagepool to 31MB & it's so snappy... the only things I add are
CallCalendar (an awesome program that puts all my phone calls in or out in my calendar...created by Eric Fetty) http://www.kingfetty.com/Downloads.html
description can be found here http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-calendar.html

Other then that I just install programs I've paid for... like Pocket Informant, AlarmToday.

Thank you for the great work...
da fat chic
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie695 View Post
Downloading 1.5 right now.... Thanks KK

Being that we're flashing every few days, is there any quick way to get back to all our personal customizations and email setups etc. from the previous rom?
PIM backup under programs > tools

Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP n00b

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP

I resolved the battery drain issue in v1.4 (I think ) by going to the telus radio. Who knows, I was trying to upgrade, down grade, change radios, fighting with hard resets and trying to spend a little time with the family...

Thanks for the updates on V1.5 and I am uploading now.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tedgas is a n00b
Re: [1-08-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.01 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

I loaded your rom yesterday. So far great. There must be something I'm doing wrong. On your stock sreen you show Google. I can't get to add any stocks to display like you did. Any advice?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP n00b

Re: [1-08-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.01 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgas View Post
I loaded your rom yesterday. So far great. There must be something I'm doing wrong. On your stock sreen you show Google. I can't get to add any stocks to display like you did. Any advice?
Not sure what your question is: You cannot add stocks or you can add them and they will not display?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ginkilla is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ginkilla Send a message via Yahoo to ginkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgas View Post

When you search for your stock, i.e. goog, msft, etc when it finds the one you want, click the + next to it, not the stock name.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brokenlink is just getting started

About a week ago I discovered this thread through someone's mention of it on a deals site with an entry about the TP. I had a Mogul for a couple of years and just upgraded to the TP.

I've read every single page in the thread, and quite frankly have been astonished by Kevan's hardwork and generosity in sharing his work, and also the spirit of cooperation and collaboration shown by many others here. It all has the feel of open source development, even if it isn't quite that.

I had downloaded 1.4 and was about to attempt a flash (I've never unlocked any of my phones, much less done a flash), when word of 1.5 appeared. And so I waited like a kid on Christmas morning. I am truly amazed at how often these updates appear and am not sure I could actually keep up with the update schedule.

I hope to do the upgrade today, after I've backed up my personal data. I am pretty technically proficient and expect that once I am able to unlock the phone, all will go well. But it also comforting to know I can always turn here for assistance. Thank you all, but particularly Kevan.

Btw, I have not seen any mention of Dashwire (www.dashwire.com) here. It's online storage of personal data, including contacts, email, text messages, etc. and syncs OTA. You can even then send txts and email from the site. The one downside is that while you can upload all the personal info, it seems that right now you can only sync contacts back to your phone. Otherwise it would make a good remote backup solution. Can't imagine why that ability wasn't implemented.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll report back hopefully with a successful flash.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
RMD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

RMD is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RMD Send a message via MSN to RMD Send a message via Yahoo to RMD

Trying to Add or Set a city with HTC Weather Master gives a SQL related error.

You'll be back!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

xtkxhom3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
About a week ago I discovered this thread through someone's mention of it on a deals site with an entry about the TP. I had a Mogul for a couple of years and just upgraded to the TP.

I've read every single page in the thread, and quite frankly have been astonished by Kevan's hardwork and generosity in sharing his work, and also the spirit of cooperation and collaboration shown by many others here. It all has the feel of open source development, even if it isn't quite that.

I had downloaded 1.4 and was about to attempt a flash (I've never unlocked any of my phones, much less done a flash), when word of 1.5 appeared. And so I waited like a kid on Christmas morning. I am truly amazed at how often these updates appear and am not sure I could actually keep up with the update schedule.

I hope to do the upgrade today, after I've backed up my personal data. I am pretty technically proficient and expect that once I am able to unlock the phone, all will go well. But it also comforting to know I can always turn here for assistance. Thank you all, but particularly Kevan.

Btw, I have not seen any mention of Dashwire (www.dashwire.com) here. It's online storage of personal data, including contacts, email, text messages, etc. and syncs OTA. You can even then send txts and email from the site. The one downside is that while you can upload all the personal info, it seems that right now you can only sync contacts back to your phone. Otherwise it would make a good remote backup solution. Can't imagine why that ability wasn't implemented.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll report back hopefully with a successful flash.
most of us just use pimbackup it can backup appointments,call logs,contacts,messages,speed dials,and tasks... all into one small file that you can keep on your pc or storage card

i like to keep mine in my storage card so every time i flash i just run pim backup and open that backup file...

you can also backup your contacts ect ect with active sync via windows mobile device center on your pc but i think you need outlook for that not to sure...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtkxhom3r View Post
most of us just use pimbackup it can backup appointments,call logs,contacts,messages,speed dials,and tasks... all into one small file that you can keep on your pc or storage card

i like to keep mine in my storage card so every time i flash i just run pim backup and open that backup file...

you can also backup your contacts ect ect with active sync via windows mobile device center on your pc but i think you need outlook for that not to sure...
In the past I've used Sprite Backup. The problem I encountered when I upgraded my Mogul to WinMo6.1 is that the backup failed. I was using a Sprite upgrade which wasn't compatible. The lesson being that backups and restores are 2 separate things and the success of one doesn't ensure the success of the other.

I had already installed PIM Backup in preparation for this ROM. What I like about the Dashwire concept is that should I ever lose my phone (heaven forbid) and the storage card along with it, I would still have a remote back up of my data. I guess one solution is to make a copy of the storage card file, though not as elegant. Plus with Dashwire you can interact with your data as you would on your phone. The real drawback for me is that you can't sync ALL the data in both directions.

Thanks for your input.

Btw, quick question. Do you need the MSL to unlock the Touch Pro or is the HardSPL app all you need to run?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development