PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

chadman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Well my phone is only a few days old and I seem to really like this ROM. I was using a Mogul this last year with a ROM I build with the PPCKitchen. I started to use some of the available kitchens for my new phone, but could never come close to anything like this! Nice to have someone do all the work for me Thanks for the great work!!!!

Anyway something I noticed about the battery life on my phone with this ROM and others I have tried. I have been monitoring “Battery Monitor” and notice the discharge rate and when it changes. At home or where I have a great signal I seem to get ~57ma discharge almost all the time. I work in a building where I am lucky to get 1 bar signal strength at my desk and many places in the building do not get any signal. When I sit at my desk the phone is always a little warm and using about ~375ma. It takes forever for my phone to charge at my desk with the usb cable because of the high drain. Does the phone go into a higher radio power setting when the signal strength is low? I have not looked at task mgr yet to see if anything is using high cpu at this time, but will check that out next week at work.

Anyway, thanks for the great ROM and keep up the nice work.

Chad
Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Can you guys test your battery performance with and without Exchange configured? I need to see if the data connector and/or if ActiveSync is the problem.
Kevan - Went back to V1.3 and battery life is much better. I will go back to v1.4 tonight (or v1.5 if released) to confirm the issue is still there.

I sync with an exchange server too so i will test with and without syncing with exchange. Or would you prefer not to have the server configured at all?

Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
Kevan - Went back to V1.3 and battery life is much better. I will go back to v1.4 tonight (or v1.5 if released) to confirm the issue is still there.

I sync with an exchange server too so i will test with and without syncing with exchange. Or would you prefer not to have the server configured at all?

Kev,

I sync with Exchange also. I am using 1.4 right now and do not have issues with battery life because of it. So I don't think that is an issue. Who knows though. My discharge rate is 93mA with Exchange up and running with direct push on. It jumps back and forth from 93mA to 54mA and then up to 195mA, but its mostly sitting at 93mA with the backlight on.

--housinit
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Anyway we can get a teaser of 1.5? Like what's gonna be included/changed? just a super quick summery, or what you're thinking

In Mighty's new rom (v4.9.4) he touts a lot of improvements. Specifically:
[ # ] Complete Manila Overhaul By Lil Rico!
[ # ] Manila CFC Patched (Improves Manila Speed + Reduces Files By 6MB)

And in his 4.9.3 he said
[ # ] Massive OS Speed Improvements

Just wondering if you knew what those are? and if they are needed? Don't know if they are, or can be applied, since he is using a different version of tf3d.
A lot of the "new" things he's including in his rom were things you already had (people tab, black s2a, etc). I'll look more into those things that I listed in white above, but didn't know if you already had em, or knew about them, (or if they even mattered) since his 4.9.4 was just put up today. I was just wondering.

As always, keep up the great work.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-08-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

v1.5 is up. Link is in the first post.

[+] Upgrade Google Maps to 3.0.0.2
[+] Show more of the email messages in TF3D
[+] Move alarm idicator to the top curtain on TF3D home screen.
[+] Added TF3D HD People Tab
[+] Removed duplicate Camera and Calc Icons (There are 2 calc icons. Pointing to differnt calcs)
[+] Wolf Translator
[+] Mobile Manager for Netflix
[+] GPS Tweaks (Eliminates some of the GPS lag)
[+] Upgrade to MS Live Search 4.1.2029.1
[+] Move Opera from a cab to and OEM. This will speed up customizations.
[+] HTC Weather Master
[+] FootPrints Update
[+] SecondToday (Is not configured just available.)
[+] OZ IM
[+] Pocket Video Poker
[ ] Fix the ability to open .txt files from main storage. (Please test this.)
[ ] Fix the fact that T9 Keeps turning off
[ ] Changed some more color from Green to Grey.

Tried the IPC Clock and did not like how it interacts with TF3D. I will keep looking at it for the future.
Items still need work: Facebook Application (Any suggestions?), Smooth HTC Volume Control (Link?), States CallerID and Updated Sprint Navigation (link?).

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.

Last edited by kevank; 02-08-2009 at 01:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:50 AM
N00b

jwinvest is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinvest View Post
Will do, I will have to let you know on Sunday how it went with exchange disabled. I will do a hard reset and not set up active sync with exchange server. Maybe I will get my first thanks.

Thanks,

Justin
Hi Kevan,

I did a hard reset and did not setup exchange or my personal email and my battery lasted all day which is amazing. I will setup my personal email tomorrow and see how long the battery lasts. If it still lasts all day long we know that for me anyway exchange is affecting my battery. I don't want to jump the gun, but if it is indeed exchange, how do we change the settings for exchange?

Thanks,

Justin
Old 02-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinvest View Post
Hi Kevan,

I did a hard reset and did not setup exchange or my personal email and my battery lasted all day which is amazing. I will setup my personal email tomorrow and see how long the battery lasts. If it still lasts all day long we know that for me anyway exchange is affecting my battery. I don't want to jump the gun, but if it is indeed exchange, how do we change the settings for exchange?
We will have to dig in and see what it happening. I sync with exchange at work and I don't have an issue. It sounds like ActiveSync is keeping the data connection open...
Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Anyway we can get a teaser of 1.5? Like what's gonna be included/changed? just a super quick summery, or what you're thinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
v1.5 is up. Link is in the first post.

[+] Upgrade Google Maps to 3.0.0.2
[+] Show more of the email messages in TF3D
[+] Move alarm idicator to the top curtain on TF3D home screen.
[+] Added TF3D HD People Tab
[+] Removed duplicate Camera and Calc Icons (There are 2 calc icons. Pointing to differnt calcs)
[+] Wolf Translator
[+] Mobile Manager for Netflix
[+] GPS Tweaks (Eliminates some of the GPS lag)
[+] Upgrade to MS Live Search 4.1.2029.1
[+] Move Opera from a cab to and OEM. This will speed up customizations.
[+] HTC Weather Master
[+] FootPrints Update
[+] SecondToday (Is not configured just available.)
[+] OZ IM
[+] Pocket Video Poker
[ ] Fix the ability to open .txt files from main storage. (Please test this.)
[ ] Fix the fact that T9 Keeps turning off
[ ] Changed some more color from Green to Grey.

Tried the IPC Clock and did not like how it interacts with TF3D. I will keep looking at it for the future.
Items still need work: Facebook Application (Any suggestions?), Smooth HTC Volume Control (Link?), States CallerID and Updated Sprint Navigation (link?).

I ask for a teaser and I get a whole new version, lol. That's what I like about you, keep up the great work (but not quite as fast, i'm sick of flashing every other day Actually, I don't mind as long as you know your hard work it greatly apprecited.)
Old 02-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I(but not quite as fast, i'm sick of flashing every other day
We went 4 days bettween 1.4 and 1.5...
Old 02-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

copland is a n00b

downloading 1.5 right now to see if I still have a power leak. With 1.4 battery monitor was showing a discharge of 170 - 200mA with only exchange and push running. After a hard reset and reconfiguring exchange, that dropped to a steady state around 56 with spikes into the 150 range. With both, task mamager only showed that active sync was running, so I think you might be on the right track that in some cases, activesync is not releasing the connection properly.

Other than this issue on 1.4, I've been overly impressed with your roms and have flashed 4 versions of them in the 1 week I've had my phone. Keep up the great work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development