PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Anyone try this replacement Alarm Clock app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438406

This guy has repackaged it so that it actually replaces the system clock app. In other words, when you click on the clock on the home screen, it opens Gentimer. I have messed around with it a bit and actually installed the newer version of Gentimer that opens faster. I really like this alarm app, works a hell of a lot better than the original one.

If anyone wants this repackaged in a CAB with the newer version let me know, I can package it up for you.

Kev, you think you might want to add it to the rom? Or is this a bit much? It is a trial app that you need to register, but thats fixable at ipmart-forum.com.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [2-4-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixav View Post
I cant seem to get Sprint TV installed on this ROM. Any Suggestions?
I need more info. What happens when you try to install it? What cab are you using?

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixav View Post
I cant seem to get Sprint TV installed on this ROM. Any Suggestions?

You using the CAB that Kev provided in the ROM? Its in the CAB folder on the phone. It also has cabs for Arcsoft MMS and Sprint Picture Mail. They all worked for me.

If you tried that already, did you you try hard resetting the phone? Usually whenever I run into issues like this it has something do with having just flashed the phone and a hard reset irons out the problem.

-housinit
Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
kevan -

I have been using your ROM from the beginning and love it. We all ask for changes and you make them happen. Would you be open to allowing us to contribute a small donation for your hard work? Hitting the Thanks button just does not work for me with your ROM.
I appreciate the sentiment. At this point why don't you donate the money to PPCGeeks for hosting the site?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
alright, GREAT ROM!!! man it is really LOADED without sacrificing speed...love it!
otherwise this is the perfect ROM for me!!!!
QUESTION: when using HTC Album to play a video, after ur done playing the video, i get a windows media error message every time. (i searched the thread no luck). any fix for this??

EDIT: this is what the error message reads: "Cannot play the file because the specified network protocol is not supported. If....blah blah blah"
I will take a look when I have time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Anyone try this replacement Alarm Clock app.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438406

This guy has repackaged it so that it actually replaces the system clock app. In other words, when you click on the clock on the home screen, it opens Gentimer. I have messed around with it a bit and actually installed the newer version of Gentimer that opens faster. I really like this alarm app, works a hell of a lot better than the original one.

If anyone wants this repackaged in a CAB with the newer version let me know, I can package it up for you.

Kev, you think you might want to add it to the rom? Or is this a bit much? It is a trial app that you need to register, but thats fixable at ipmart-forum.com.
I am not a huge fan of the Analog clock.... hrm.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
I am not a huge fan of the Analog clock.... hrm.

Neither am I, but there is a skin to take care of that. This doesnt actually replace the actual clock on the home screen, it shows the analog clock when you click on the clock on the home screen. I've it setup with a digital clock skin anyhow.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kevan,

One thing, dont know if someone already mentioned it, but you might want to update Google on the next rom. Here is the thread with an OEM package.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56346

--housinit
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Kevan,

One thing, dont know if someone already mentioned it, but you might want to update Google on the next rom. Here is the thread with an OEM package.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56346

--housinit
Thanks. Already in the kitchen for the next build.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Really have liked the ROMS! I have searched the forums and looked through the registry and can't find it. How can I change the order/what appears under the TF3D comm-manager tab. If you use the advanced config utilty it will only change the default order after you hit comm manager somewhere other than the TF3D tab (also it really slows down bringing it up) But I want to change the order and selection under the TF3D tab. Also this sleep thing is driving me crazy. No matter what I do with utilities or directly in the registry it still goes to sleep when up on my cheek during a call. Frustrating!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development