PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pwrinxs is keeping up the good workpwrinxs is keeping up the good workpwrinxs is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-1-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.2 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

I am experiencing great battery life on my first KK ROM. I unplugged a fully charged phone at 11:15pm last night. Woke up at 8 am with 92% battery left. Made about 30 phone calls mostly 2-4 minutes and a couple 5-10 minutes. Sent and received about 200 texts and had email checked every 2 hours (and also downloaded 150 old emails in addition to about 5 new emails every 2 hours).

It's been 23 hours and I'm at 11% charge right now. Great work! Also FYI: I am on the Telus 1.04 radio.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

bjwiens is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bjwiens
Re: [2-1-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.2 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

KK, I have a sprint diamond will your rom adapt fine or has anyone had any issues and does your rom do anything to speed up the camera at all? Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwiens View Post
KK, I have a sprint diamond will your rom adapt fine or has anyone had any issues and does your rom do anything to speed up the camera at all? Thanks
No real camera tweaks. My rom cannot be installed on a diamond. When I have worked out most of the TP bugs I will build a Diamond Rom.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrinxs View Post
I am experiencing great battery life on my first KK ROM. I unplugged a fully charged phone at 11:15pm last night. Woke up at 8 am with 92% battery left. Made about 30 phone calls mostly 2-4 minutes and a couple 5-10 minutes. Sent and received about 200 texts and had email checked every 2 hours (and also downloaded 150 old emails in addition to about 5 new emails every 2 hours).

It's been 23 hours and I'm at 11% charge right now. Great work! Also FYI: I am on the Telus 1.04 radio.
Did you kill TaskFacade or leave it running?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Sprint

bilalhmd is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheart View Post
keavank, just wanted to let you know i was having problems with the latest, 1.2.. It is going through moments of slowdowns... like if 10 things are running in the background, but thats not the case, it is really slow in loading items from the program list, from the menu. after clicked, you can actually see the individual icons being drawn durring one of these slowdowns. also when you run application with a timer (pipes as an example) the timer freezes, then skips foward a few seconds. durring this freeze, you cannot do anything. not scroll, or even use the home key, untill the timer resumes. touchflo is fast, really fast, but my battery seemed to get sucked dry so fast, all talk time. If you need info, or whatever let me know, be glad to help ya out.
I also had this problem today. I have not used my phone a lot. But I needed it and had to do a soft reset because it was taking too long to get back to normal. I did not have a problem with battery life. But that may be because I did a soft reset.

Last edited by bilalhmd; 02-02-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

xtkxhom3r is a n00b

you know i removed the taskfade and that battery meter at the top this morning and i noticed way better battery life
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pwrinxs is keeping up the good workpwrinxs is keeping up the good workpwrinxs is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Did you kill TaskFacade or leave it running?
I didn't know what it was or what it did so when I saw the program running in the morning, I killed it. It never came up since.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrinxs View Post
I didn't know what it was or what it did so when I saw the program running in the morning, I killed it. It never came up since.
Not a problem. I have removed TaskFacade from the next build. Looks like it was causing a number of issues. Battery life and slow downs.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalhmd View Post
Hi KevanK,

Sorry to mention this again, but I really love your ROM. Great work. I am new (first ROM - with upgrading from 0.9 to 1.2) that I have flashed.

There is one bug which I found and mentioned before. I thought that it might have been a bad flash initially, but it happens in the upgrade.

If you choose a simple password lock to occur after a set time, you cannot manually lock the phone with that selected. Of note, I also choose long press end key to lock the phone. Is there a correction I can make in the settings to be able to do that?
Looks like this is a problem with the Long Press End Key application. People have reported this same issue with multiple roms and devices. It seems that if you lock with no password set, it works correctly. If you have a password/pin defined it doesn't work.

If someone finds a stable free app that will remap the button and work I will add it to the ROM. Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Kevan -

Here is a battery update. Left work around 6PM and my battery was at 95%, A2DP music for the ride home (about 25 minutes) and a 5 minute phone call. Exchange push goes to every 2 hours after 6PM. No TM. Taskfade is off.

So now it is 11:48 and my battery is at 86%.

I know I said I would test Sprint Nav on the way home but I felt kind of silly having it tell me direction for a route I have been driving for years.

No issues with battery life here. I would say the best I have had so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development