PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: [1-31-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.1 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
1. i know it's been mentioned, but it tops my list.....the picture tab in TF3D doesn't work!?!?!?!?.....i almost cried, and hard reset twice praying it would come back....but it never did.....like a newborn who doesn't cry no matter how hard the nurse smacks its ***.....devastating, and most certainly a deal breaker...

2. battery life???....i don't know if i was just loosing track of time as i was setting up/playing, but the battery life on 1.1 seemed to be really bad compared to 0.7.....however, 0.7 was the BEST TP ROM that i have flashed EVER on battery life.
i thought a lot about this one.....and i may know why....while trying other ROMs between 0.7 and 1.1, dreams 1.2 sprint leak/Y4J4.0(wow, where did he go?)/JDs se7en, some of them did not have 1% battery increments, but i think most if not all did have the nueFastCharge. i have a theory that after installing the 1% battery increments ontop of the fastCharge is a culprit for severe battery performance depredation. i will be flashing around today to try and test this theory, but you could squash it by telling me that you don't have the fastCharge built in this ROM.....but going off of memory of how fast 1.1 charged, i think it is in there.....

3. this is a wierd one......Opera's flick scrolling is not performing like it does on other ROMs supposedly with the same version of Opera. this one bugged me in 0.7 also, but i figured the newer version of opera in 1.1 would fix it, as it seemed to have in one of the other ROMs i flashed in between...different display drivers?...maybe, a peril of having the ROM loaded?....weird.

4. this is a tough one to describe exactly in words, and since i have since flashed Juggalo's 0.8 i can't take a screenshot. there is a slight graphical blemish on the TF3D bottom bar. the left hand side of the "active tab" icon always seemed sort of "hacked in there". there was always a gap in the "bloom" effect in the graphic and the bottom half looked "drawn in"......like something I would do in photoshop....
1. Yup that defect is noted. I spent most of last night working on the problem. It is related to the version of HTC Album installed in the ROM. Unfortunatly the version that does work with TF3D HD doesn't work with Facebook. (Deal breaker for me.) The only thing holding up the next release is this defect.

2. Yes. nueFastCharge is installed with the 1% driver. It was that way in 0.7 too. Could be the lvmbattery meter which is also out for 1.2. Moving to a different meter...

3. Probably need to apply some tweaks. Maybe in 1.3

4. I have already changed the bottom curtain for 1.2. I think it was the cause.

I never mind feed back as long as it is constructive.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [1-31-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.1 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
2. Yes. nueFastCharge is installed with the 1% driver. It was that way in 0.7 too. Could be the lvmbattery meter which is also out for 1.2. Moving to a different meter...
i reviewed the version log and noticed that 0.7 had this combo as well....i don't think that it is lvm either because one of the first things i do after i flash is remove that from startup.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
i reviewed the version log and noticed that 0.7 had this combo as well....i don't think that it is lvm either because one of the first things i do after i flash is remove that from startup.
Dunno what the difference is then. I will digg...

FYI - The HTC Album / Facebook / TF3D HD isssue is fixed. I am working on a problem with the Communications tab.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Kevan, are you releasing another ROM??
Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Kevan, are you releasing another ROM??
Yes. I was hoping for this afternoon but it isn't going to happen. I have to venture out into the real world. I will get back around 8pm Central. I will post 1.2 tonight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

diskworm is a n00b

I have been running with KK's 0.9 for about a week now and jumped up to the 1.1... I am still having a major lag in streaming video via orb, kinoma, and sometimes even youtube. I flipped back to juggs 0.8 and streaming video is beautiful.. any way to incorporate whatever d3d or video driver he is using into your next update? I really want to run your rom but depend heavily on streaming video.. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey Kevan, scrosler uses this nuefont thing in his roms, where u can change the fonts to what you like, you should REALLY look into this, it is really fantastic!! I just tested a few things for him cuz hes cooking for sprint now and that program is FANTASTIC!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

So far the only thing I dont like is that when I slide my KB out it has no landscape support when im at the homescreen/manila.. I get to my texts that way a lot
Otherwise nice ROM

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskworm View Post
I have been running with KK's 0.9 for about a week now and jumped up to the 1.1... I am still having a major lag in streaming video via orb, kinoma, and sometimes even youtube. I flipped back to juggs 0.8 and streaming video is beautiful.. any way to incorporate whatever d3d or video driver he is using into your next update? I really want to run your rom but depend heavily on streaming video.. Thanks.
I believe that he is running the Omina Drivers and they don't support D3D. Only 2D. This will break things like Diamond Hologram.

Try the attached cab and let me know if your performance improves.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Calkulins Omnia D3D.cab (508 Bytes, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Hey Kevan, scrosler uses this nuefont thing in his roms, where u can change the fonts to what you like, you should REALLY look into this, it is really fantastic!! I just tested a few things for him cuz hes cooking for sprint now and that program is FANTASTIC!
Yeah. I like nueFont. I hadn't thought about that app in a while. On the future add list.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development