PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jwinvest is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [1-20-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.9 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Hi Kevan,

I am having some trouble trying to get TCPMP to work. I am not able to have it kick in and play videos when surfing the internet. I am wondering if there is a flash that works with Opera? I was able to get Flash 3.1 to work for internet explorer but nothing for Opera. You tube works with Opera but for some reason, I cannot get Opera to play videos from other sites. How do we delete the duplicate programs listed in the all programs list?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Lurker

realfh is a n00b
Re: [1-20-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.9 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Does anyone know if the multiple select in Outlook issue still exists in this version ? I got .8 and it is there.

Last edited by realfh; 01-21-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by realfh View Post
Does anyone know if the multiple select in Outlook issue still exists in this version ? I got .8 and it is there.
The multiselect "issue" is not a defect but a result of Microsoft changing the way Outlook works in the 2xxxx versions of WM6.1.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Kevan,

I'm also having an issue opening .txt files that are in internal memory. Also, from Notes app and Word app, I can't see the internal storage, only my SD card. If I use File Explorer or Total Commander to copy a text file from internal storage to SD, then I can open the file. Strange stuff. Was thinking maybe I should hard reset to see if that will cure it.

Weird, if I double click on a text file in internal storage it tries to open it, but then says the location or file does not exist.

Let me clarify. Text files in internal storage cannot double click on them from File Manager or Total Command, also cannot be seen when in Word or Notes app. Copied to storage card, still NO double click. Gives the same error "The specified file cannot be opened. Path or format incorrect." BUT, if I browse to file from within Word or Notes app then I can open the file from the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Other than that, I have not noticed anything wrong. I'll pay attention to my battery usage today. So far I really like this ROM, fairly fast and stable.

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 01-21-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

raziel is just getting started

I'm trying out this ROM while waiting for Mighty Mike to fix the issues on 4.6. This ROM is very impressive and I love all the applications that you loaded on to this. It's great how you have everything organized into folders. I do have a question though... how do get rid of that thing power bar on the top part of the screen? It's redundant having that and the battery meter at the same time.

Thanks!

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek
Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

12Marshall is a n00b

besides the problem opening text files I've also seen some program icon duplications in the programs list... calculator, camera, and psSHUTxp.

As far as battery life it seems fine so far.

As I mentioned earlier there is a noticeable lag in loading programs at times (as compared to other custom roms) but it is purely speculative and I have no data to back it up .

However, I do see some video locking up here and there and have been able to reproduce it with the ICBM game... basically go crazy firing missles after round 3 and you will be able to see lockups that can last a few seconds.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel View Post
I'm trying out this ROM while waiting for Mighty Mike to fix the issues on 4.6. This ROM is very impressive and I love all the applications that you loaded on to this. It's great how you have everything organized into folders. I do have a question though... how do get rid of that thing power bar on the top part of the screen? It's redundant having that and the battery meter at the same time.

Thanks!

Just uninstall it in Remove Programs. Its LVM Topbat or something like that, I already removed it so I don't remember exactly.

-housinit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Marshall View Post
besides the problem opening text files I've also seen some program icon duplications in the programs list... calculator, camera, and psSHUTxp.

As far as battery life it seems fine so far.

As I mentioned earlier there is a noticeable lag in loading programs at times (as compared to other custom roms) but it is purely speculative and I have no data to back it up .

However, I do see some video locking up here and there and have been able to reproduce it with the ICBM game... basically go crazy firing missles after round 3 and you will be able to see lockups that can last a few seconds.

Duplicate Icons I can deal with and remove myself, its caused by setting up the folders in Program Files. But, like you, I have noticed a few problems with video and some of the games, not a biggie for me though since I don't really play games much.

Haven't noticed any slow program launches, but again, that can be really subjective sometimes.

-housinit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Kevan,

I'm also having an issue opening .txt files that are in internal memory. Also, from Notes app and Word app, I can't see the internal storage, only my SD card. If I use File Explorer or Total Commander to copy a text file from internal storage to SD, then I can open the file. Strange stuff. Was thinking maybe I should hard reset to see if that will cure it.

Weird, if I double click on a text file in internal storage it tries to open it, but then says the location or file does not exist.

Let me clarify. Text files in internal storage cannot double click on them from File Manager or Total Command, also cannot be seen when in Word or Notes app. Copied to storage card, still NO double click. Gives the same error "The specified file cannot be opened. Path or format incorrect." BUT, if I browse to file from within Word or Notes app then I can open the file from the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Other than that, I have not noticed anything wrong. I'll pay attention to my battery usage today. So far I really like this ROM, fairly fast and stable.

--housinit
When you say "internal memory" do you mean main storage? I will check out the problem.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

How many of you use the landscape manila? How would people feel if I moved to a manilla that did not rotate?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development