PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

tristem is keeping up the good worktristem is keeping up the good worktristem is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

So far so good, was having a bit of a problem with battery life but I'm hoping that will be resolved with a radio upgrade. Loving the new HTC Action screen just wish I could figure out how to map the GPS Nav to use Sprint Nav. Only Issue I've seen so far is with the G Sensor. Just does not seem to be as responsive in TF3D as it was in 1.7. I have noticed a huge delay in pictures turning, seems much longer than in 1.7, or sometimes it will turn and then turn right back. Have tried flip it and have not noticed any improvement. I has to be a setting somewhere just haven't been able to find it yet. The G sensor aside this is one killer kick a$$ rom. Just wish I had the time to work on my culinary skills too. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out and I'll try my best.

Edit:

After some research it looks like the slowness is caused from a reg key the key should be hklm\drivers\builtin\gsensor\polling it should be 200 the value the I saw in the rom after loading it was 500. Hope this helps.

Last edited by tristem; 03-20-2009 at 04:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

KK, I think there is another app you should include in your next release. It's called Persian Blue, and is a file sending manager for Bluetooth transfers. Really neat app. You can read more about it with screen shots posted in my thread about it here.

It is a brand new app, so I understand if you want to let it mature a little before inclusion. Pretty cool though, you might wanna just check it out.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

reedog117 is a n00b
Re: FP TomTom Suported Compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
While the rom was loading I noticed something called "FP TomTom Supported Compression." Does anyone know what this is?
I'm wondering about this too... it seems like my phone is hanging during customization at this step. How long does it take for this cab to install on average?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work
Re: FP TomTom Suported Compression

anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for user customizations to complete....thats bc this rom is loaded to the max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedog117 View Post
I'm wondering about this too... it seems like my phone is hanging during customization at this step. How long does it take for this cab to install on average?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

nutt318 is a n00b
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Well, I have been using the new ROM for a couple of days now and the battery life was horrible. It would only last a half a day and I would have to recharge. I just seen the post above by tristem about modifying the hklm\drivers\builtin\gsensor\polling to 200.

Mine was set at 1000, so hopefully lowering it to 250 should help out on the battery life.

Does anyone else have any suggestions about increasing battery life?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

battery life all depends on how you use your phone and where you are located.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

After having problems with getting 1.7 to load on my newer TP I have been able to get 1.8 to Load, great Job KK!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

heyyyy KK here are some cabs you should check out...its the stock im client for the phone, the us cities for the weather and skyfire...

and btw not sure what the difference is with the arcsoft you have in the cab folder and the one i have but for some reason the size limit on yours wont go higher than like 350k...this one has a max size limit of 4.9mb...i also included the icons for the pic mail thanks to gadget freak
Old 03-21-2009, 08:31 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

First off, love the ROM! I was sick of Mightymike's ROM's and how he never wanted to fix any issues and bugs I would mention to him, this is a great loaded ROM full of goodies. A couple questions for ya KK however. While in a SMS thread, if I leave the thread open, and continue with the conversation, the messages still stay unread on TF. Is there a fix for this or am i missing a setting somewhere or what? Anyone?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

no fix yet...but its been discussed a few times...i actually posted my theory on the problem a few pages back you should check it out and tell me if its the same for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
First off, love the ROM! I was sick of Mightymike's ROM's and how he never wanted to fix any issues and bugs I would mention to him, this is a great loaded ROM full of goodies. A couple questions for ya KK however. While in a SMS thread, if I leave the thread open, and continue with the conversation, the messages still stay unread on TF. Is there a fix for this or am i missing a setting somewhere or what? Anyone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development