PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 01-01-2009*Updated*'NEW ROM' MERDIN'S ROM V2.4 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954)}

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD View Post
After restoring info and going thru what's included and not, the phone would randomly freeze. Even after soft and hard resets, and initial boot and app setup took longer than usual with the other roms.

So for so good with this one!
Ya thats exactly what happened to mines!! I thought it was bricked! I almost had a heart attack! lol
Old 01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rajincajin26 is a n00b
Re: 01-01-2009*Updated*'NEW ROM' MERDIN'S ROM V2.4 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954)}

Quote:
So for so good with this one!
mine worked fine for about eight hours before the meltdown. also, everytime i tried to do a soft reset, it would go through the entire setup process again as if it was booting up for the first time.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

Ok, found another problem...

I downloaded the .cab for Worldcard Mobile and just tried to install it on the phone. No go, does not work. You can select the Worldcard Mobile icon, but nothing opens.

I really think that if Worldcard Mobile isn't cooked into the ROM, it will not work.

Oh well, I really like the Black and Maroon theme, but this thing is far to buggy for me right now.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

I dont know why but I heard about s2u2 but just could not find it, thanks a million pluss I love the amaze gps program so far, I have not had the chance to use it in action but it seems great! here's a thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
found another bug..... notifications for ring and email etc isn't saving. big glitch that will not let you exit or save the settings

EDIT: Posted the above from my phone this morning before I left the mountains... So, I wanted to add more info to the post...

When you go to 'Sounds & Notifications' then the 'Notification' tab, if you try to change a ring type for an incoming phone call, then hit the 'ok' box it glitches up and doesn't let you out of the screen. If you try to change the sound for anything else, after hitting 'ok' it blanks everything out then freezes up. Even if you just try to hit 'ok' everything blanks out, then goes back to the default, but it will not exit the screen.
To change your sound settings, just go to Diamond tweaks, and you can change it in there. Ill look into that glich.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

I'm getting confused on some of these posts, are you guys having problems with the New ROM 2.4 or the old one 2.3, and i know about the Volume issue, other then that, i really didnt find anything else so far.

Oh and ill put in Wolrdcard into my next release.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajincajin26 View Post
did you have similar problems? I cant seem to load up a new rom from my sd card.
Try using the RUU to flash your phone, first put your phone into bootloader mode by holding power+ volume down, and then press the reset button while still holding the buttons, and then after the colorful screen pops up plug in your usb.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Bugs I've noticed so far:

Windows Update icon under system settings doesn't work
Phone settings freezes when you try to close out of it.
Sounds and notifications bug already mentioned

All programs seem to work, and they open quickly.

One thing I'd like to see changed is the start menu scroll color to match the TF3D color...yellow doesn't really seem to go with this theme.

Another awesome ROM Merdin...good job!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint since 98

seanworks925 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to seanworks925
Lightbulb Re: 01-01-2009*Updated*'NEW ROM' MERDIN'S ROM V2.4 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954)}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
To change your sound settings, just go to Diamond tweaks, and you can change it in there. Ill look into that glich.
where do you change the ringtone in Diamond Tweaks ?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanworks925 View Post
where do you change the ringtone in Diamond Tweaks ?
Im not sure if you can change your ringtone in there, only the vibrat and ring features, but im trying to fix the sounds and notification right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development