PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jinzhen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Ok so far, I have not had to do a hard reset on my phone since I flashed 6.5 a couple days ago to test if it was 6.1....so that's good. But I have a few questions.....
While playing with the settings on toggling between touchflo 3d and 6.5 default screen, I noticed that some links under programs aren't working, like camera. Any way I can fix this? It works just fine in Touchflo3d.
Secondly, the menus are prettier in 6.5 than they are in 6.1. They look 3d....even in text messaging, when viewing all messages, you dont see the grid like system that you're used to seeing. However, after playing with some settings, and getting some glitches here and there, I've done multiple soft resets and now it seems I'm back to the old 6.1 style menus, not the 3d ones....any way to fix this or change it back?
The third thing I've seem to have lost is that fingermenu style menu that you use for this build. You know the one that changes the menu from the little one to the big finger friendly one......mine is back to the very old standard one.....even in text messaging, 6.5 made it prettier with its 3d menu (for example when doing a new text messaging, its new menu of New, SMS is prettier too) but now Im back to the old default one....how can I get everything back? I went to all the settings I know and can't seem to change back...even after multiple soft resets. Please help! lol
Old 05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddieDiesel View Post
Once again Merdin has out done himself. Loaded,stable and fast.
I too will be using this ROM for a while. There are even a few guys at work
that are ready to give up their dingleberry's for a TP just to get this ROM.
But we all know that Merdin will improve on his current and build
anew.
This ROM is 99.9% perfect with no hype, it's the real deal, like I said, everything works in this ROM, that's what matters the most to me....

Now I got more weather data on my TP'S than the weather channel and the national hurricane center.....{LOL}

Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Thumbs up This ROM only downloads my e-mail when I ask for it!

One thing that usually annoys me, is that typically (with stock or other ROMs) when I used to do an ActiveSync connection my device would download e-mail eventhough I don't sync mail via ActiveSync and I've got my device set to only download mail when I select Send/Receive. But with this ROM mail is ONLY downloaded to my device when I select "Send/Receive".

Finally, a ROM that handles mail the way I like it handled. Don't download it unless I ask for it =D> .
Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Almost a VIP

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Thumbs up Re: This ROM only downloads my e-mail when I ask for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
One thing that usually annoys me, is that typically (with stock or other ROMs) when I used to do an ActiveSync connection my device would download e-mail eventhough I don't sync mail via ActiveSync and I've got my device set to only download mail when I select Send/Receive. But with this ROM mail is ONLY downloaded to my device when I select "Send/Receive".

Finally, a ROM that handles mail the way I like it handled. Don't download it unless I ask for it =D> .
If you select a time for your e-mail to send and receive, it will work with machine like precision......
Old 05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Big D5, remember I tried to tell you this a long time ago, just think, Merdinh is getting ready to make this new 6.5 TF3D/2D ROM even better... This ROM gives my TP'S total full functionality, why have a ROM on your phone that does not give your TP total full functionality...

I want YouTube to work, I want Sprint TV to work, got to have the NFL Network and CNN Mobile News, now all these things works in Merdinh's new 6.5 TF3D/2D ROM... If you have a ROM on your TP and these things do not work, whether you like them or want them or not, it does not matter... Then the ROM that you are using on your TP is not a total full functional ROM, if any of these things do not work on your TP, it plain to see that ROM has bugs... It's like having a phone that does not make calls, then it's not a total full functional ROM... To date, Merdinh 6.5 TF3D/2D ROM RULES.....{lol}

A FULL FUNCTIONAL TP, EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE A CHARM, PLUS A WORLDWIDE DATA MASTER NETWORK, HELLO, YEAH.....
Agreed
β€œIt is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Talking Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
Agreed
See, I cannot carry my laptop with me everywhere I go, that's why I turned my TP'S into data master devices.... They can now do everything my laptop can do... Check out the photo below, we now have a tornado warning in the metro Denver area, see the rectangle shape box in the photo below.... This radar set up is almost in real time, direct from the Denver International Airport {DIA}.... This is the kind of stuff, that I like on my TP's, yeah....

Last edited by Technology1; 05-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

When I click on Camera from the Windows Default Programs screen, I get Shortcut Target error. It works through start > multimedia > camera.
looks like a few shortcuts don't go anywhere.

Last edited by juddrl; 05-25-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
When I click on Camera from the Windows Default Programs screen, I get Shortcut Target error. It works through start > multimedia > camera.
looks like a few shortcuts don't go anywhere.

Cab anyone else test this out, since i am currently on another build of my rom, and let me know if you can confirm this issue.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Cab anyone else test this out, since i am currently on another build of my rom, and let me know if you can confirm this issue.
Confirmed.....I am using SBP mobile primarily so didn't notice it...
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kentpyper is a n00b

Confirmed, just installed and am getting the same error. Also, a few of the links on the download page are invalid....... Any ideas how to fix this error?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development