PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewBee4lyfe View Post
ok... what do i do, when i want to add stuff in... like... that talking voice when blue tooth is on. so it will read me my txt msgs... bc its pretty much illegal in california to txt while driving now. and its damn hard too. and im getting tired of making adifferent ringtone for everyone that calls so i know who is calling when my phone is holstered. it worked for the titan.

im not asking for the product... but i just wanted to know the name of it, does it work for the TP, and when i aquire it... am i able to put it into build os for later builds?\

thanks.

You're looking for Microsoft Voice Command, comes pre-installed on the Sprint Touch Pro and there are 3 versions of it in the Kitchen. The settings for it are in Setting\Personal\Voice Command in your phone. Hope that helps.

housinit

Last edited by housinit; 01-18-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Is there any way to get the older version of PIE into this? I do not like the new Internet Explorer 6.1 AT ALL. It no longer formats a page to single column mode and seems to completely ignore 'mobile' mode. There's no difference between mobile and desktop views period. For all intents and purposes, it's 'broken' from the versions that worked perfectly fine previously.

I do not want to have to zoom out to see the page. Having to move my finger around the page to see miniscule text and see the 'overview' is very annoying and useless. The old style display of formatting either single column mode or 'Mobile' mode, and the larger, zoomable 'Desktop' view was much better in previous versions.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedeer View Post
Is there any way to get the older version of PIE into this? I do not like the new Internet Explorer 6.1 AT ALL. It no longer formats a page to single column mode and seems to completely ignore 'mobile' mode. There's no difference between mobile and desktop views period. For all intents and purposes, it's 'broken' from the versions that worked perfectly fine previously.

I do not want to have to zoom out to see the page. Having to move my finger around the page to see miniscule text and see the 'overview' is very annoying and useless. The old style display of formatting either single column mode or 'Mobile' mode, and the larger, zoomable 'Desktop' view was much better in previous versions.
Absolutely. I had the same complaint about IE6. In registry editor, change this one DWORD value to 0:

"hkey_local_machine\security\internet explorer\MSHTML=1"

Soft reset and take another look at IE settings. PIE's one-column is back!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Absolutely. I had the same complaint about IE6. In registry editor, change this one DWORD value to 0:

"hkey_local_machine\security\internet explorer\MSHTML=1"

Soft reset and take another look at IE settings. PIE's one-column is back!
I also managed to figure out another workaround by editing the Sys Kitchens and moving a few things around. But something else I've noticed, SprintTV doesn't work properly. After an install of any Kitchen, going to the SprintTV Manila tab gives me the 'Update Now' and 'Launch' softbuttons, but pressing launch results in an error. Obtaining and installing the newest SprintTV update allows it to run and work, but pressing 'Update Now' never updates SprintTV nor updates the tab and will eventually error out with a network error message. I've even built the newest one into an OEM and it acts as if I've installed the cab over the existing SprintTV, but with the same problem in Manila TF3D with the update problem.

I have also built a couple of OEMs that have been confirmed to work for Esmertec Java VGA, as well as the FlipClock. Why Sprint removed that from the stock rom as well as the cute little messaging envelopes you always see in pictures but never in the rom, I dunno. I dunno where to put them here, however.

Last edited by bluedeer; 01-19-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I have also built a couple of OEMs that have been confirmed to work for Esmertec Java VGA, as well as the FlipClock. Why Sprint removed that from the stock rom as well as the cute little messaging envelopes you always see in pictures but never in the rom, I dunno. I dunno where to put them here, however.
Posting to the bugs/fixes/updates thread would be a good spot.

If you do, please provide a few more details.
  • Do the existing Esmertec Java options not work, or are they simply not tailored for a VGA device?
  • Is Flip Clock the reverse of the OEM that replace the Flip clock with the Sprint clock?
  • Which Manila options is Flip Clock useful for (i.e. which don't use the Flip clock by default)?

Last edited by Kolano; 01-19-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Something else I've noticed, SprintTV doesn't work properly. After an install of any Kitchen, going to the SprintTV Manila tab gives me the 'Update Now' and 'Launch' softbuttons, but pressing launch results in an error. Obtaining and installing the newest SprintTV update allows it to run and work, but pressing 'Update Now' never updates SprintTV nor updates the tab and will eventually error out with a network error message. I've even built the newest one into an OEM and it acts as if I've installed the cab over the existing SprintTV, but with the same problem in Manila TF3D with the update problem.
I believe I've also noticed this too. Was this with the "Manila - Sprint Raphael" OEM and "Sprint" carrier selected, or some other configuration?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killthepoet is a n00b

I dont get it
why would someone need this
im new to the whole thing
what is a kitchen
how do u decide what rom to choose
what kitchen to choose
PLEASE HELP????
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

personally I use this kitchen b/c it's easy to work with and I can put in what I want and leave out what I don't want. if you don't want to mess with a kitchen there are tons of premade roms out there. the hard part is figuring out which rom has what you need and the least amount of what you don't need/want. which is why I chose to build my own! and there is an OEM maker where you can take a cab file and make an OEM and put it in the kitchen so if there's something you want to add in but it's not an option you simply make it yourself.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

How can I get the newest rom base the leaked sprint one into this kitchen?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
How can I get the newest rom base the leaked sprint one into this kitchen?
I believe you need to wait for guru to update the kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development