PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46526)

bradleyem 06-25-2009 05:29 AM

Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

I am also having problems getting TouchFlo to work. When I selected Colonel's Manila - 10/28/08 and TouchFlo 3_0_33125_0, TouchFlo would run, but I was getting the file not found or not registered errors for the Photos and Videos tab and the Music tab. When I tried Colonel's Manila - 10/28/08 and HTC TouchFlo, as well as any other combination, TouchFlo would not start and would lock up the phone. Can someone please tell me what they are using to get touchflo to work?

edufur 06-26-2009 08:00 PM

have you even tried a different kitchen?

bradleyem 06-26-2009 09:56 PM

No, I haven't yet. I've been using the PPCGeeks Kitchens since I've had my XV6700 with really great luck, so I haven't had any reason to switch. Plus GGuru and the others that make the kitchen possible are always very helpful.

Also many of the other kitchens are geared toward Sprint. They may support Verizon as a carrier, but contain sprint specific software. I would have no use for the sprint specific tabs on TouchFlo/Manilla.

I have been looking around at other builds, but haven't found anything that catches my intrest yet.

dodge_longhorn 06-26-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyem (Post 999786)
No, I haven't yet. I've been using the PPCGeeks Kitchens since I've had my XV6700 with really great luck, so I haven't had any reason to switch. Plus GGuru and the others that make the kitchen possible are always very helpful.

Also many of the other kitchens are geared toward Sprint. They may support Verizon as a carrier, but contain sprint specific software. I would have no use for the sprint specific tabs on TouchFlo/Manilla.

I have been looking around at other builds, but haven't found anything that catches my intrest yet.

have you seen my rom, just curious if it would work with you because its a generic build

joojoobee666 06-28-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang_98 (Post 988673)
ok koo, so when i upload the mighty rom i will automatically get the window 6.5 is that right?

The "ROM" IS your operating system and programs. Most of the ROM's here are based from a 6.5 build so you will indeed be running 6.5. Just verify before you download that it is 6.5 build of some sort since there are still a few 6.1 ROM's and kitchens around.

Technology1 07-01-2009 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by belenos_djinn (Post 939932)
This file is unavailable could someone tell me how to fix the audio manager problem or where to get this file?

Here you go, just install to the Windows folder and soft reset your mobile device....:drunken:

mike760534211 07-11-2009 07:06 PM

cant get the GPS to find satellites on the sprint touch pro ](*,):banghead:

peacock93 07-21-2009 12:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long time since the last update to the PPCKitchen, I believe April. Does anyone have any news about an update coming anytime soon?

Thanks for the help,

pea****93

imported 07-21-2009 01:03 PM

Hello All, i have the Sprint Touch Pro as i see that many of you also have. In a moment of irritation, irritated that HTC has released official rom updates and hot fixes for this device on other carriers and not for sprint, i came across this thread. After reading a few pages i am very curious as to what this Kitchen builder software does..

My hopes are that i would be able to install a newer version of the firmware/software on my device so that it preforms better / properly.

Here are my current stats.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro
ROM Version: 1.03.651.4
ROM Date: 11/11/08
Radio Version: 1.03.15F
Hardware Version: 0002

Not sure if these numbers are needed:
Protocol Version: 7500J-SDBAPZM-6150
PRL Version: 60652
PRI Version: 1.47_003

More Info that may be a given:
Model No: RAPH800
Platform: PocketPC

I'm NOT looking for someone to thoroughly explain to me EVERYTHING that this software can do, but if someone could be so kind as to give me a cliff-notes version of the app and point me in the right direction, i would be very appreciative.

I do understand the advantages of having the most up-to-date drivers/firmware/software/roms installed and i would like to be running the latest and greatest. Aside form some general performance and functionality issues, i would hope that doing these updates (if in fact this is what this is all for) would allow me to utilize my device more proficiently.

Aside from that last generic statement. i have a few minor questions that are pretty specific:

#1 My touch Pro is through sprint. i have noticed that other carriers offer a "FM Radio" software on their Touch Pro's. When i spoke with HTC today they claimed that the hardware is installed but Sprint doesn't provide the software to use it. Any ideas if this is something that can be used on a Sprint Touch Pro?

#2 ActiveSync with MS Exchange. I currently run Exchange 2003 at my office and all the e-mails i received that are "HTML Email" does not display as HTML, does anyone know if this is a function of the phone, i think i read somewhere that it is a limitation of Exchange 2003 and upgrading to Exchange 2007 will resolve this issue. Prior to spending the $ for Exchange 2007 i figured i would ask here.

#3 i know that there is a spiffy little prog called WMWifiRouter to make your WiFI enabled PDA/Smart phone a "Hot-Spot" so you can connect your laptop to the wireless network your phone produces while running this software, allowing you to utilize the Internet connection you already have on your phone rather than having an air-card. This software work alright, but is there another way to do this type of wireless network broadcasting in windows, and if not is there another software someone can recommend, and lastly on this question, is there a more efficient way to share your phones internet connection with a laptop (weather it be through Bluetooth, USB or wireless) i have not had great success using the internet sharing before, but I'm sure it is because i have not explored it fully. I actually had the Sprint PPC and was able to share the internet over a USB cable and then moved to the Sprint Mogle and was told i was no longer able to do this and by the time i got the touch pro i kind of gave up on the idea, but it would be beneficial for me to understand and implement the best way to share the internet from my Touch Pro since i am paying almost $80/mo for an air-card i rarely use, but need to have access to...

Thank you in advance. As mentioned i KNOW i covered a lot of different things, and my main question is about this Kitchen App, but if i have totally messed up and need to post this request elsewhere, please let me know and i will be sure to do so!

Sincerely,

Mr. Imported

coldheat06 07-28-2009 10:25 PM

Read this thread it should get you going:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

Then you have a slew of other ROM's to try out until you get ready to build your own.

Enjoy and welcome to PPCGEEKS.