PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   How To Flash Your Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266)

Artanis 05-03-2009 08:40 PM

Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

update: Now Computer wont recognize phone!!!

No Active sync

cornelious2 05-03-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artanis (Post 893271)
update: Now Computer wont recognize phone!!!

No Active sync

look at my unlock your tp via the sd card sticky. if your already unlocked then all you need to do is put the nbh on your sd card. name it raphimg.nbh and enter bootloader (power + voldown + softreset). it will ask you to press power to flash and viola! if your not unlocked check out my guide its easier than fighting with vista.

Artanis 05-03-2009 08:59 PM

sorry i didnt explain.

My stylus softreset button not working.

I cant remember when i reset last, but i took it in to sprint tech, and now the activesync isnt working either.

got a DHRP coming in tomorrow, good thing i never flashed custom rom.

joedoinitbig 05-06-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 498488)
NOTE -- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNLOCK YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING TO A CUSTOM ROM!
USE THIS THREAD TO UNLOCK --wow

see post 50 for indepth detaild instructions provided by egoldy

How to Flash Via PC:

1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there

If that fails please trying these directions (thanks sn0b0ard)

1. Establish active sync connection (this is the most important step).
2. Copy the RUU_signed.nbh into the RUU folder.
3. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe and follow the steps on screen to flash ROM.
4. Once the phone reboots, go through Windows Mobile setup and let it finish.
5. Perform a hard reset (hold power, volume down, and center d-pad).
6. Complete the Windows Mobile setup and start using your new ROM!

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

i keep getting lost on step 3. so i am supposed to rename the custom rom and put it in the ruu directory? im new at this

dkirkwoodjr 05-06-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadz (Post 520528)
Yeah, I got a new micro SD card and it worked like a champ. I upgraded the stock 1GB to an 8GB Kingston from meritline for ~20$. GL

JD if you see this post, for option 5 on madlyalives method you might mention the card may just not work and to try a new one, as that is what worked for me. Thanks for all you do for the community. =D>

Wow! Thanks alot! That helped, switched from 1gb card that came from sprint to my other 8gb one I bought, copied the RAPHIMG.nbh to the root and loading message was farily instant for it past the rainbow screen... bootin into Windows again, woo hoo!

razorloves 05-06-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoinitbig (Post 899001)
i keep getting lost on step 3. so i am supposed to rename the custom rom and put it in the ruu directory? im new at this

most custom roms come with there own RUU, so you don't need the one provided in this thread. I would just follow the second set of instructions and skip step 2 if the custom rom you downloaded came with it's own RUU.

Crazyheaven 05-06-2009 09:24 PM

Every time I try to flash I get stuck at the loading screen. With windows via usb I get error 260. And by trying to use a 8gb flash I get stuck on the loading screen.

My phone says it is unlocked. Security unlocked Raph800 SPL-0.37.0000

It seems my problem with this came after attempting to use the flash method. When I deleted the file from my root SD it stopped loading the file whenever I went into the 3 colored screen. Now I'm getting a error 262. Going to try to reinstall activesync and then my computer.

razorloves 05-06-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyheaven (Post 900087)
Every time I try to flash I get stuck at the loading screen. With windows via usb I get error 260. And by trying to use a 8gb flash I get stuck on the loading screen.

My phone says it is unlocked. Security unlocked Raph800 SPL-0.37.0000

It seems my problem with this came after attempting to use the flash method. When I deleted the file from my root SD it stopped loading the file whenever I went into the 3 colored screen. Now I'm getting a error 262. Going to try to reinstall activesync and then my computer.

The problem is you're still locked. It always says "Security Unlocked" on the tri-color screen. 0.37.0000 means you're locked and 0.37.cmonex means you're unlocked. You have to unlock your phone before you can flash custom roms and radios. Follow the steps here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Crazyheaven 05-06-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 900159)
The problem is you're still locked. It always says "Security Unlocked" on the tri-color screen. 0.37.0000 means you're locked and 0.37.cmonex means you're unlocked. You have to unlock your phone before you can flash custom roms and radios. Follow the steps here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

My only regret is I can only thank you once. Problem solved. This phone was used and because it had windows 7 on it I assumed it was already unlocked. I was wrong. Thank you for again for the help.

razorloves 05-06-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyheaven (Post 900248)
My only regret is I can only thank you once. Problem solved. This phone was used and because it had windows 7 on it I assumed it was already unlocked. I was wrong. Thank you for again for the help.

You're welcome. Glad i could help. Let me know if you need help unlocking or anything else.