PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
First thin's first. I HAVE TO give you props for all of your efforts to bring us a VERY nice custom ROM for the Pro. After successfully updating the ROM (48mb) I have ONLY one issue so far. I can no longer select (highlight) multiple emails to delte in my hotmail account. I see the "select several" option that allows you to tap message after message and batch delete that way but what can I do to disable the finger scrolling and bring back the ability to simply tap and drag my finger through emails and batch delete? I have installed the stock Windows Live cab you provided and all is working perfect EXCEPT this one nuicance. Any idears? Thanks!

Dustin
Quote:
You have to re-install the stock Windows Live .cab found in the "stock apps." file on the first post of this thread. Only then will it allow you to set up Hotmail. Until then, you get the link to check your Hotmail account.

One other snag I just ran into

Opera Mini won't open. It says
"The file 'jbed' cannot be opened. Either it is not assigned with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found.

Any advice anyone? Thanks.

OH, and what are all these other files in the extractd RUU folder? For instance, Rapitool.exe , Showbootloader.exe, etc. Can someone explain what these do?
first off if you have the latest version 4.0 the there is no jbed error as i changed the lnk myself to open the latest version of java for vga devices...secondly it only comes in a 32mb pp variety so im thinking you have version 3.

secondly nevermind whatelse is in the ruu folder dont monkey with it as all are needed to run the ruu and if you attempt to use any component in that folder other than the ruu then you could damage your device... i am not responsible if you damage your phone...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

and please people read the first page thoroughly as it clearly states whats in this rom...if you dont see it listed then its not there. AND YES THE LATEST VERSION OF .NETCF3.5 IS IN THERE
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Hey Juggs on your next release can you update the rom with the latest version of Opera.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge2k View Post
I really like this ROM a lot. Thanks. Fixed the volume with the fix by foxracr17. Just had a couple of dumb questions as I am trying to remember which stock programs did what:

1) What is TitanBootstrap?
2) What was Jetcet5?
3) What does EngStartMenu do?

Thanks for all of your hard work. Does feel zippier already.
Quote:
Ditto! I would also like to know what these are. I ran EngStartMenu and it didn't seem to change anything. What I REALLY want to know is how to fix Opera Mini and what the other .exe files are in the main RUU folder ?!?!
titan bootstrap is a beta version of java created by the sprint development team of which i am a member of...

jetcet5 is a printer driver that will basically allow you to print from a network based printer

engstartmenu is a feature that allows you to tap the tast bar and a window will appear with each icon selectable...ie...vol...battery...signal...etc it allows you to launch its respective program as opposed to old school drop downs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Hey Juggs on your next release can you update the rom with the latest version of Opera.
my honest answer...no my likely answer...we'll see it cant just be the latest and greatest as it has to work with the inet tab launcher and right now only 2 versions i have come across work the one i added and the one sprint added.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

I tried using the Jbed Opera Mini and I keep getting a lot of crashes, also when zooming in and panning -it doesn't follow along. I know these have nothing to do with your rom (I've installed VGA Jbed + Operamini and it behaves this way on other roms) but do you guys have this same experience on your phones? It seems really unusable for me (where as for the TITAN/Mogul it was teh ideal browser)
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

have you tried the latest 4.2 beta with the vga java?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

I'll try that right, but I think it's a function of the Jbed Java (VGA) rather than the operamini. You're not having this experience using operamini y4j?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker

pidge2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
titan bootstrap is a beta version of java created by the sprint development team of which i am a member of...

jetcet5 is a printer driver that will basically allow you to print from a network based printer

engstartmenu is a feature that allows you to tap the tast bar and a window will appear with each icon selectable...ie...vol...battery...signal...etc it allows you to launch its respective program as opposed to old school drop downs.
THank you so much Juggs. It is like a new Touch Pro.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
my honest answer...no my likely answer...we'll see it cant just be the latest and greatest as it has to work with the inet tab launcher and right now only 2 versions i have come across work the one i added and the one sprint added.
Oh ok i understand that, thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development