PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO
Carrier: Sprint

jihadi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

JUGGS, I am VERY sorry for your loss. Time heals everything bro so every single day that passes is one day closer to smiling again. We missed you here and are glad you stopped in to let us know what's going on and that you're safe. Keep your head up and look forward to a brighter day. Peace and prayers be upon you!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
ok so after a long hiatus dealing with many of things i have returned...shortly...i still have a few things im going thru right now and i think coming back here will only help...those that know me know i have been dealing with lots of personal drama only to have that compounded with the recent passing of my father...the original geek...i miss him greatly and cant seem to stop thinking about him...and i really dont want to but its not really therapeutic for me so im gonna try and focus on something else right now and see if htat helps. As i stated previously that 4.0 was gonna be my last rom and my reason for that was because of the vast amount of chefs popping up everywhere just flooded the community and kinda took the fun out of it for me. I dont know if i will get back in the kitchen so to speak just yet but i will be available to answer any and all questions you may have. and just as a teaser i did build a flawless 5.0 with the newest archsoft mms app and man its blazing.
My condolences...and welcome back. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope that all goes well for you. For life is such and such is life. We all travel down that road...we all know this, but its hard when it is your turn to deal with it.

Good luck to you!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work

Juggs,

Welcome back and so very sorry to hear about your loss. I have been struggling lately with the fact that my father had a pretty bad stroke 2 weeks ago, but thank God he is in rehab now. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Very good to see you back, your ROM was the second ROM that I flashed on my TP last year and the one that I like the most.

Question, I remember that before you left your 4.0 had achieved great speed, smoothness, and battery life. Didn't you cook in the disabling active sync settings to improve battery life? I ask because ALL of the latest ROMs have the active sync starting up automatically and don't seem to be able to be disabled just like we battled with last year.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkr00t View Post
I ask because ALL of the latest ROMs have the active sync starting up automatically and don't seem to be able to be disabled just like we battled with last year.
Why is everybody so worried about this??

AS doesn't affect your battery life enough to even notice??

~John
Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

blkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good workblkr00t is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Why is everybody so worried about this??

AS doesn't affect your battery life enough to even notice??

~John
I'm not so sure about that. I definitely notice that my battery lasts longer when I disable active sync as outlined in these instructions: I recall this was a major battery saver on the Mogul.
This worked for me...good luck.
Steps:
1. Close ActiveSync "entirely" (use dotFred's task manager or whatever suits you)
2. Open up dotFred's task manager and go to "Notifications" (the top right arrow)
3. Delete everything in there EXCEPT the one with the argument "AppRunAfterRndisFnDetected" Close task manager after this.
4. Open up ActiveSync, click Menu --> Add Server Source.
5. Enter any email, and UNTICK "attempt to detect..........". Press next.
6. Server address:127.0.0.1. Press next.
7. Enter anything you want for username, password, and domain. Leave the "save password" option ticked. Press next.
8. UNTICK all four options, then press finish.
9. Close ActiveSync "entirely"
10. Open up ActiveSync again. Press menu --> Schedule.
11. Set both peak times and off-peak times to manual.
12. Close activesync
13. Start --> Settings --> Under "Personal" tab, choose "Phone"
14. Under "Services" tab, choose "Time Synchronization" and click Get settings
15. Untick, then press ok.

These instrutions aren't mine but are posted here somewhere.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael

wpb2154 is a n00b

This is still by far the best rom for battery life and pretty close to the best on speed. Thanks so much Juggs!
btw what sys is used in this?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: [03/12] 5.0 IS COMING SOON!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

bump....

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yes!!!

i would have asked for opera, but now I use Iris over opera
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
yes!!!

i would have asked for opera, but now I use Iris over opera
iris? something new? i like new...if it works
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

well...its done...all i need is a host!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development